Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

I'm Sold, It's Time To Blow It Up

When the Nets got KG, Pierce and Terry, we all knew their ages would be a factor in their play. When the signed Kirilenko, I think most fans thought it was good, but injuries and age could be a limit. Lopez gets hurt again. D-Will gets hurt again. Kidd, who shouldn't have been giving a head coaching job with no experience, let alone a high profile team like the Brooklyn Nets, can't figure out what to do. Joe Johnson is probably the most consistent player on the team and he'll be 33 at the end of the season. Do the Nets even have any first round draft picks in the next 6 years?

The Nets can't go forward with this team. It was win this year, maybe a shot next year. It's definitely not this year. And they're playing in a weak Eastern Conference. I'm thinking the time may have come to blow up the team. Yes, if everyone was healthy it might have been a different story. But they're not. It's not working and they don't have the time to wait it out.

I wish it were different but it seems this is the way to go. What do you think?

vCash
    Problem with blowing up is the coming 4-5 years either we don't have a pick or it can be swapped for a lower pick. Which pretty much destroys the whole idea behind blowing it up. If we blow it up we still need to field a team that can compete for a playoff spot in the East(yeah that's easy i know)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_Pete View Post
    When the Nets got KG, Pierce and Terry, we all knew their ages would be a factor in their play. When the signed Kirilenko, I think most fans thought it was good, but injuries and age could be a limit. Lopez gets hurt again. D-Will gets hurt again. Kidd, who shouldn't have been giving a head coaching job with no experience, let alone a high profile team like the Brooklyn Nets, can't figure out what to do. Joe Johnson is probably the most consistent player on the team and he'll be 33 at the end of the season. Do the Nets even have any first round draft picks in the next 6 years?

The Nets can't go forward with this team. It was win this year, maybe a shot next year. It's definitely not this year. And they're playing in a weak Eastern Conference. I'm thinking the time may have come to blow up the team. Yes, if everyone was healthy it might have been a different story. But they're not. It's not working and they don't have the time to wait it out.

I wish it were different but it seems this is the way to go. What do you think?
    Please tell us what your exact plan for 'blowing this up' is.

Remember that Billy King is still the GM, and ANY DEAL King makes will probably have Nets getting less and giving up more than they should.

My suggestions are Nets DPE for Chris Kaman (without the Lakers ripping us off), and signing Delonte West for the Vets' Min (with a 2nd year team option).

That would mean waiving Toko and Tyshawn.

But fear not, because neither of those moves will be made, as Billy King is an incompetent moron, NBA-wise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    I feel it would be a complete restart. Trading KG and Pierce and D-Will and Lopez. I want to keep D-Will as I'm sure the Nets wouldn't get back true value and I want to keep Lopez because of his potential, but I just feel like they are always hurt and it might be more beneficial to cash in the chips and get something out of it.

Now that I think of it though, I guess you have to keep D-Will and Lopez at least. For the exact reasons I'd think of trading them, they wouldn't bring much value. Plus, the lack of picks if huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post

Remember that Billy King is still the GM, and ANY DEAL King makes will probably have Nets getting less and giving up more than they should.

My suggestions are Nets DPE for Chris Kaman (without the Lakers ripping us off), and signing Delonte West for the Vets' Min (with a 2nd year team option).

That would mean waiving Toko and Tyshawn.

But fear not, because neither of those moves will be made, as Billy King is an incompetent moron, NBA-wise
    llemon?

vCash
    There was so much time, money and effort put into assembling this team. You really can't just blow it up. I'm sure King is smart enough to make a couple tweaks and pull off a couple trades before the trade deadline depending how the team is doing. If dwill continues to have chronic ankle problems and is turning his ankle every other game either rest him until the all star break or make a trade that includes at least a better than average pg and center. There is no way to replace dwill and he and lopez were the 2 players the nets really needed to stay healthy if they were to contend for a championship. Despite that, trading Dwill may be necessary because he's been dealing with ankle problems that affect both ankles and last year during the first half of the season said after games he had a lot pain just walking up the stairs. That plasma treatment helped but his ankles are weak and between all the therapy, retaping and ankle support he still rolls them and with any basketball player, especially the way Deron plays he's always stopping and going, making quick movements side to side and I don't see things improving in the near future. It's such a tough decision and it would absolustely be awful to see him go but if they can get anything decent including an above average pg and center which obviously won't be of equal value they have to cut there losses and do it. Filling those 2 spots if dwill doesn't get better and lopez being out is key and still gives the Nets at least somewhat of a chance of competing for a championship with all the depth they still have.

vCash
    The problem is, you can't just "blow up" a basketball team. You have to trade out multi-year contracts for 1 year deals. You have to find those. When complete, it essentially means you throw away a year in order to cut payroll. Proky is not going to blow anything up. I have never seen a more uncomfortable face, than watching Proky sit in his first NBA Lottery favored to be #1, and watch his ping-pong ball fall to #3. Basically losing the John Wall sweepstakes. It seems to me that Proky never wants to sit in one those seats again. Which is why I believe any first round pick that the Nets have given away...is no concern of his.

Injuries will be blamed, but considering the state of the East, there will likely be repercussions because of the hype, and the high profile nature of building this team this past off-season, and how it has all gone south so far.

If the Nets make the playoffs, and get to the second round at least (or at the very least outlast the Knicks since Proky seems to value that). I think they could make some minor improvements (depending if KG retires officially at the end of this season or not) and then go into next season as-is banking that this season was an aberration.

If the Nets fail to make the playoffs...and god forbid the Knicks make it? King AND Kidd go.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-16-2014 at 01:59 PM.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    I think our position as a basically a brand new team, huge market with a great owner and new arena gives us a huge advantage over nearly every other team in the NBA right now (Lakers/Knicks have horrible ownership). I honestly believe BK will be Kevin Durants destination in 2016. No doubt. If we suck I guess it will be for like the next 2 years but we will be set beyond that. The main thing is that we need to get rid of Billy King he is beyond awful and gets worked in every trade. I think Kidd will eventually grow into a good Head Coach I like the improvements he has made minus Lopez.