Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Is Rivers a "proven" postseason QB?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 33.33%
  • No

    6 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500

    Is Phil Rivers a proven post-season performer?

    Not even trying to bait a little. Serious question. I had the audacity to raise this exact question in another thread and was attacked. I've said it before that I like Rivers as a QB and think he got too much crap for some bad Chargers seasons. That said, the statement I was attacked for is an interesting one, as he is the only veteran QB left in the tournament who I wouldn't call a "proven" postseason entity. Would you say the same?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,875
    vCash
    1777
    Only veteran left? I guess.



    Hopefully a loss, if he plays well, doesn't look bad on him. His team is nothing special. It's been the Rivers show all year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Only veteran left? I guess.



    Hopefully a loss, if he plays well, doesn't look bad on him. His team is nothing special. It's been the Rivers show all year.
    Only veteran still in the playoffs, is what I meant.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,875
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    Only veteran still in the playoffs, is what I meant.
    I know what you mean. I just meant there are other unprovens, but you mean that have been in the league a while.

    I would agree he's unproven in the post season. Most people would. What's this in regards to?

    The Eli trade?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,352
    vCash
    1500
    Totally a bait thread from yet another Rivers hating NYG fan.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season-edition

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I know what you mean. I just meant there are other unprovens, but you mean that have been in the league a while.

    I would agree he's unproven in the post season. Most people would. What's this in regards to?

    The Eli trade?
    Not at all... Just the fact that I got attacked mercilessly by a SD homer for merely questioning whether or not Rivers is a proven PS QB.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I know what you mean. I just meant there are other unprovens, but you mean that have been in the league a while.

    I would agree he's unproven in the post season. Most people would. What's this in regards to?

    The Eli trade?
    And like I've said many times on here, I like Rivers as a player (as a human, not so much). I don't think anyone lost that trade. I doubt you could find many Steelers, Giants, or Chargers fans who don't like how it turned out over the past 9 years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    All states
    Posts
    287
    vCash
    1500
    If he isnt a post-season performer yet, he will be on Sunday.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,875
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    Not at all... Just the fact that I got attacked mercilessly by a SD homer for merely questioning whether or not Rivers is a proven PS QB.
    Oh, Keenan Allen's dad? I know that guy lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,875
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    And like I've said many times on here, I like Rivers as a player (as a human, not so much). I don't think anyone lost that trade. I doubt you could find many Steelers, Giants, or Chargers fans who don't like how it turned out over the past 9 years.
    Do you really think Rivers is a bad person? I feel bad even asking and derailing this but I just think he's kind of a dickish fiery guy. but I don't think he's a bad person or anything.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Oh, Keenan Allen's dad? I know that guy lol
    lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Do you really think Rivers is a bad person? I feel bad even asking and derailing this but I just think he's kind of a dickish fiery guy. but I don't think he's a bad person or anything.
    You're right. I wouldn't call him a bad person. He doesn't have the kind of demeanor I want in a guy I'd root for, but from what I understand he's a really good guy off the field.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,204
    vCash
    11933
    Not yet, but these playoffs will be very telling.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,875
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    You're right. I wouldn't call him a bad person. He doesn't have the kind of demeanor I want in a guy I'd root for, but from what I understand he's a really good guy off the field.
    Okay, I was like, does this dude have like pictures of Rivers with his eyes cut out and devil horns on them er what lol just kidding.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    I think Rivers has a real shot to quiet the doubters this weekend. Denver's secondary is atrocious. But I live in Colorado at the moment, and I can tell you it's bitter cold. We shall see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •