Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Rivers a "proven" postseason QB?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 33.33%
  • No

6 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Phil Rivers a proven post-season performer?

Not even trying to bait a little. Serious question. I had the audacity to raise this exact question in another thread and was attacked. I've said it before that I like Rivers as a QB and think he got too much crap for some bad Chargers seasons. That said, the statement I was attacked for is an interesting one, as he is the only veteran QB left in the tournament who I wouldn't call a "proven" postseason entity. Would you say the same?

vCash
    Only veteran left? I guess.

Hopefully a loss, if he plays well, doesn't look bad on him. His team is nothing special. It's been the Rivers show all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Only veteran left? I guess.

Hopefully a loss, if he plays well, doesn't look bad on him. His team is nothing special. It's been the Rivers show all year.
    Only veteran still in the playoffs, is what I meant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    Only veteran still in the playoffs, is what I meant.
    I know what you mean. I just meant there are other unprovens, but you mean that have been in the league a while.

I would agree he's unproven in the post season. Most people would. What's this in regards to?

The Eli trade?

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Totally a bait thread from yet another Rivers hating NYG fan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...season-edition

vCash
    I know what you mean. I just meant there are other unprovens, but you mean that have been in the league a while.

I would agree he's unproven in the post season. Most people would. What's this in regards to?

The Eli trade?
    Not at all... Just the fact that I got attacked mercilessly by a SD homer for merely questioning whether or not Rivers is a proven PS QB.

vCash

The Eli trade?
    And like I've said many times on here, I like Rivers as a player (as a human, not so much). I don't think anyone lost that trade. I doubt you could find many Steelers, Giants, or Chargers fans who don't like how it turned out over the past 9 years.

vCash
    If he isnt a post-season performer yet, he will be on Sunday.

vCash
    Not at all... Just the fact that I got attacked mercilessly by a SD homer for merely questioning whether or not Rivers is a proven PS QB.
    Oh, Keenan Allen's dad? I know that guy lol

vCash
    And like I've said many times on here, I like Rivers as a player (as a human, not so much). I don't think anyone lost that trade. I doubt you could find many Steelers, Giants, or Chargers fans who don't like how it turned out over the past 9 years.
    Do you really think Rivers is a bad person? I feel bad even asking and derailing this but I just think he's kind of a dickish fiery guy. but I don't think he's a bad person or anything.

vCash
    Oh, Keenan Allen's dad? I know that guy lol
    lol

vCash
    Do you really think Rivers is a bad person? I feel bad even asking and derailing this but I just think he's kind of a dickish fiery guy. but I don't think he's a bad person or anything.
    You're right. I wouldn't call him a bad person. He doesn't have the kind of demeanor I want in a guy I'd root for, but from what I understand he's a really good guy off the field.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Not yet, but these playoffs will be very telling.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    You're right. I wouldn't call him a bad person. He doesn't have the kind of demeanor I want in a guy I'd root for, but from what I understand he's a really good guy off the field.
    Okay, I was like, does this dude have like pictures of Rivers with his eyes cut out and devil horns on them er what lol just kidding.

vCash
    I think Rivers has a real shot to quiet the doubters this weekend. Denver's secondary is atrocious. But I live in Colorado at the moment, and I can tell you it's bitter cold. We shall see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast