Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colts

4 57.14%
  • Patriots

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

AFC Divisional Round: Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots - January 11, 2014

Divisional Round
    @

Saturday, January 11th at 8:15 PM ET
    TV: CBS

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Andrew Luck, QB #12 - 3822 Yards / 23 TD 9 INT / 60.2 CMP% / 87.0 QB Rating
    Tom Brady, QB #12 - 4343 Yards / 25 TD 11 INT / 60.5 CMP% / 87.3 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Donald Brown, RB #31 - 537 Yards / 102 Carries/ 5.3 YPC / 6 TD
    Stevan Ridley, RB #22 - 773 Yards / 178 Carries/ 4.3 YPC/ 7 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

T.Y. Hilton, WR #13 - 82 Catches / 1083 Yards / 5 TD
    Julian Edelman, WR #11 - 105 Catches / 1056 Yards / 6 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Coby Fleener, TE #80 - 52 Catches / 608 Yards / 4 TD
    Michael Hoomnawanui, TE #47 - 12 Catches / 136 Yards / 1 TD

Kicker

~VS~

Adam Vinatieri, K #4 - 35 FGM / 40 FGA / 34 XPM / 34 XPA
    Stephen Gostkowski, K #3 - 38 FGM / 41 FGA / 44 XPM / 44 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Jerrell Freeman, LB #50 - 126
    Dont'a Hightower, LB #54 - 97

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Robert Mathis, LB #98 - 19.5
    Chandler Jones, DE #95 - 11.5

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Darius Butler, CB #20 - 4
    Logan Ryan, CB #26 - 5

Click For More Stats
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Biggest Injury to monitor is LaRon Landry (Concussion). DHB has basically been ruled out with his hamstring. Other than that, no big injuries to track.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    The Colts have proven they can beat the best teams in the league. Their fate with the Patriots (IMO) is their ability to stop the run.

vCash
    I look at this game as one I don't expect them to win but hope for a good competitive game....that said, "Go COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Let's rock this ****. Let's go Colts!! I've actually priced out going to this game. Thinking about going. Just wouldn't be able to stomach a lose if I was up there around a bunch of "chowda's."

I'm going to guess that Luck keeps us in it, and Adam V, kicks us to a win with time expiring.

vCash

AFC Divisional Round: Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots - January 11, 2014

I pray to go we somehow pull this off. I can't stand Belichick... Though I do admire his success, there isn't a team I would rather beat next week.

vCash
    I am taking New England. Hell last time I did it worked so might as well. Seriously though if Viny kicks the game winner I'll die laughing.

vCash
    True or False:

Andrew Lucks beard will help him in cold weather games? Just saying cause Peyton never had a beard and there is a significant difference..

vCash
    Landry returned to practice today, Manusky said he's 'ready to roll.'

<3

vCash
    Pep's popularity just went up:

Pep Hamilton grinned when talking about Patriots D: Patriots always have a way to find out some of your signals
    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNFL/sta...96452929007616

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    This is good news.

I assume we are leaving Butler in slot coverage and are starting Gordy outside?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    This is good news.

I assume we are leaving Butler in slot coverage and are starting Gordy outside?
    No clue, would probably the sensible thing to do.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Great news!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Some of my thoughts offensively.

- Obviously we'd like to score early and get points on the board. Ideally putting up point on the first two possessions would be huge and could assure we don't fall into our infamous 1st half ruts or droughts. If anything it’ll buy us some confidence since we were so stagnant after our 1st drive against KC.

- Another obvious is: we need to convert 3rd downs & short yardage situations (whether its 2nd down or 3rd down).

- Not only do we need to establish the run early, but we need to run up the gut. The Pats lost a lot of meat up the middle. They don’t have Wilfork, Mayo & recently lost Spikes. That’s a ton of strength vacated. As CRAZY as I sound right now, and trust me I’ve written him off like the rest of the world, but Trent Richardson could provide this. Trent needs to find some confidence and run with a purpose.

- We need to utilize Fleener in quick routes off the line. Ideally right up the seam. The way Peyton use to always hit Dallas Clark. We should also utilize Fleener in the slot and have him run “IN” routes to accomplish more yardage up the middle.

- When the time is right, line Fleener up outside (split end) and take advantage of size mismatches. Basically, sideline jump balls. Luck did this once against KC and it was very effective.

- We have to utilize Donald Brown in flats and screens early and OFTEN. We HAVE to pass to him a lot and let him run in space. He’s in such a groove right now. He’s running confidently, He’s shifty in space, He’s patient with lead blocks. On top of everything he’s producing some good YAC lately.

- Take more shots with Da’Rick Rodgers. Whether it’s deep yardage or medium chunks. We need to get him involved more. If we can hit him deep even once in the 1st or 2nd quarter, it’ll serve as a warning shot and potentially open up the field for TY Hilton, who I expect to be man covered by Talib and have safety help often.

- Uitlize Griff Whalen on short to mid yardage out routes and button hook routes. If we can generate enough success on the ground and passing up the middle. It should open up the sidelines a lot more.

- Use Hilton in drag routes and under routes early in the game. Open him up in the 2nd half.

- I also hope Luck is allowed to take off and run for 1st downs when deemed safe.

vCash
    Well converting third downs shouldn't be that hard considering the Pats rank 7th worst in the league.

The run game has to exploit the Spikes injury and given the field will be sloppy with rain and mud they need Brown to run down hill as well as Trent.

One side note though is the refs for this game. They will let them play and when this crew ref'd the Texans Pats game they didn't throw one flag against the Pats. Which means the DB's will get alot of jersey before they will make a call against them. That really favors both teams but especially Davis and Butler who will be essential in stoping the passing game.

The only worry I have is the run game and how well the Colts will deal with their trio of RB's but Landry should help with bringing Blount down and hopefully he coughs it up and BB sits him for a good portion of the game.
    Last edited by Pacerlive; 01-09-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast