Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeff Ireland GONE!!! :D

MiamiDolphins
    NEWS: The Miami Dolphins and General Manager Jeff Ireland have mutually agreed to part ways.
    Kody you can fix the title to something more formal if you wish but I was just happy to post this news.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Just came in to post this. Wow. Who we going to get?

vCash
    JeffDarlington
    Dolphins Owner Steve Ross on Ireland: "After a series of discussions, we both felt that it was in our mutual best interest to part ways."
    ArmandoSalguero
    Jeff Ireland: "Steve and I came to an agreement that the best thing moving forward for all parties would be to part ways."
    Fan pressure finally got to him?

And really. Anyone we get can at least do what he did but now we have a chance to improve.

vCash

Jeff Ireland GONE!!! :D

Very nice.

vCash
    Now let the new GM chose his head coach. Do not force Philbin on him. I want a GM/Coach on the same page.

vCash
    JeffDarlington
    Brian Gaine, who served as the Ireland’s right-hand man, is currently still scouting for the team and has not been advised that he’s fired.

It certainly seems very reasonable that Gaine will be kept on the staff — perhaps even promoted — but he is unsure of his role at this time.

Team source tells me that Jeff Ireland was going to be stripped of ultimate power if he remained with team, hence mutual parting of ways.
    MoveTheSticks
    The Dolphins GM job is very attractive... A lot of top personnel execs were keeping a close eye on that situation.

RapSheet
    #Dolphins say they will conduct an immediate search for “new leadership.” Hear V.P. of football administration Dawn Aponte in charge for now

vCash
    Can't blame Ireland for wanting to leave.

vCash
    Wonderful. Now you all can stop constantly ****ing *****ing.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Dolphins View Post
    Wonderful. Now you all can stop constantly ****ing *****ing.
    What do you think about Allen Robinson?

vCash
    The title gets to stay, because it was the exact face I made when I saw it. I'd be really bummed though if we choose Aponte as the GM. She isn't a scout, she's great with the money but I'd rather not have another person who has absolutely experience in this front office. Pick someone from the Bengals or Packers and I'll be happy. But please god no Aponte.

Also people are saying Mike Tannebaum is an option, formerly of the Jets. If either of those two people get it, I think I'd cry. Cause Ireland was better than BOTH of them.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Can't blame Ireland for wanting to leave.
    Lol. He was going to be demoted with pretty much no say in anything, so fired really. He in truth is an idiot being he isn't going to find work else where in the NFL. He has a terrible image, NFL excs around the league have been saying for years they didn't understand how he still had a job.

vCash
    Long overdue... He was never anything more than a mediocre GM, terrible at drafting, especially terrible at finding diamond in the rough players with the exception of Wake.. Even which I think was the big tunas doing... Anyways this previous draft was the nail in the coffin IMO and truth is we have needed to fill in our frontlines for a while now in which he could not accomplish.. I heard something about Eric Mangini but I have yet to see any substance from that rumor...

vCash
    Jeff Darlington

Brian Gaine, who served as the Ireland’s right-hand man, is currently still scouting for the team and has not been advised that he’s fired.
    t certainly seems very reasonable that Gaine will be kept on the staff — perhaps even promoted — but he is unsure of his role at this time

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    And more Darlington
    I’ve already heard from multiple people around NFL asking what Dolphins will do at GM. High interest. This is going to be VERY coveted role.
    So if Ross hires from within I'll explode.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Philbin's ****ed.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast