Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

JR Smith = JR Rider = Soon to be banned from NBA

I think when you have your first name as JR, you are DOOMED in the NBA. Those that are old enough to know... back in the 90's there was a guy who had a lot of talent who initially went by the name of Isiah Rider before he became JR Rider was to me the JR Smith of his time and the resident POSTER CHILD of the Portland Jailblazers. I can almost PROMISE you that if JR Smith keeps it up, he's about to get JR Rider'd out the league for good. Honestly I see this as his future path.

Isaiah Rider
    Career years: (1994-2002)
    Team(s): Timberwolves, Trail Blazers, Hawks, Lakers, Nuggets
    Career stats: 16.7 ppg, 2.7 apg, 3.8 rpg
    Accolades: NBA champion (2001), NBA All-Rookie First Team (1994)
    Reason for fall-off: Drugs and a bad attitude

It's hard to believe that a person with J.R. Rider's talent only lasted nine seasons in the NBA. He was a knucklehead his entire basketball career, always putting rash decisions before his future. On the court, Rider was a scoring machine that could chuck it from anywhere on the floor. He was very cocky with ice in his veins and wasn't afraid to tell you about it. Off the court, Rider argued with teammates, coaches, spouses, etc. He had a drug problem as well, and before you know it, he was blackballed from the league. His talent didn't warrant the trouble that came with it. Isaiah could've been great but his over-confidence and invincible attitude betrayed him
    Sound familiar...
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    But if he got banned then we would have to play Tim Hardaway Jr more.... wait that is a good thing.

vCash
    What about JR Reeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddd

vCash
    Yeah, no.

vCash
    Also, JR Rider wasn't banned from the NBA. I don't get it.

vCash
    rider = nba Champ.... that will never be smith

vCash
    I had a poster of JR Riders thru-the-legs dunk contest dunk on my wall when I was young as ****. Pretty sure that was the first one ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I had a poster of JR Riders thru-the-legs dunk contest dunk on my wall when I was young as ****. Pretty sure that was the first one ever.
    That dunk was sick n yea I believe it was the first one!! Awesome back then
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I think when you have your first name as JR, you are DOOMED in the NBA. Those that are old enough to know... back in the 90's there was a guy who had a lot of talent who initially went by the name of Isiah Rider before he became JR Rider was to me the JR Smith of his time and the resident POSTER CHILD of the Portland Jailblazers. I can almost PROMISE you that if JR Smith keeps it up, he's about to get JR Rider'd out the league for good. Honestly I see this as his future path.

Sound familiar...
    Except for the fact JR Rider wasnt banned. Being waived by the Nuggets isnt the same as being banned. How exactly was he the resident poster child of the Blazers if Rasheed Wallace and Damon Stoudemire were doing the same exact thing? At least get your facts straight.

Are there similarities, sure but dont blow this up like JR Smith is getting arrested for cocaine busts like JR Rider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgthegame1982 View Post
    That dunk was sick n yea I believe it was the first one!! Awesome back then
    Pretty sure nobody did that again until VC in 2000, than Desmond Mason did it in '03. Rider in '95.

vCash
    Respect the art of dunk.

vCash
    What?????? Huh????? Banned??? When was rider banned??? Your thread has inaccurate info and why would Smith be banned from nba when ummmmmmm let's see a guy named Ron artest beat up on assaulted fans elbowed numerous players intentionally. .so.....yea ...your sadly miss informed. ..smdh..

vCash
    JR Reid was a funny dude from what I remember, used to rock dreads right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    What?????? Huh????? Banned??? When was rider banned??? Your thread has inaccurate info and why would Smith be banned from nba when ummmmmmm let's see a guy named Ron artest beat up on assaulted fans elbowed numerous players intentionally. .so.....yea ...your sadly miss informed. ..smdh..
    lmao, you gotta chill bro. Make yourself a margarita or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    lmao, you gotta chill bro. Make yourself a margarita or something.
    I'm sorry ..lol.... I'm having a off week...my bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast