Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jermaine Defoe Nearing MLS Move

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...ng-completion/

It'd be a huge get for the league....still kind of in his prime, I know more so towards the end of it but still. Better than him being 33 or 34 yrs old. Also it'll help Toronto FC so much as they needed a striker last year with Kovermans being out injured.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Defoe will kill it in the mls dude just knows how to score

vCash
    while in England and Europe for that matter they used to call players going to play in the US "rejects." that all stopped when Beckham came... and now more and more. I think its good for the MLS as the talent rises. Once the money rises there will be many more. But I think they're doing it right. Build from within for long term success.

20 million American kids played football (soccer dammit) last year... and you don't think they'll have a following for the World Game... course they will, love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    while in England and Europe for that matter they used to call players going to play in the US "rejects." that all stopped when Beckham came... and now more and more. I think its good for the MLS as the talent rises. Once the money rises there will be many more. But I think they're doing it right. Build from within for long term success.

20 million American kids played football (soccer dammit) last year... and you don't think they'll have a following for the World Game... course they will, love it.
    Maybe the young players that went there but for most it was retirement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Maybe the young players that went there but for most it was retirement.
    that will change bro and already is beginning ... call me hopeful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    that will change bro and already is beginning ... call me hopeful
    It will but not for the top top players unless we get rid of the cap and honestly I don't want the mls to turn into the EPL I'd rather it be more like a cross between the German and Italian league.

vCash
    It will but not for the top top players unless we get rid of the cap and honestly I don't want the mls to turn into the EPL I'd rather it be more like a cross between the German and Italian league.
    Um I'd love for the MLS to become the EPL.....
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    Um I'd love for the MLS to become the EPL.....
    Yea I'd rather we produce world class talent and not just buy it. Part of the reason the English national team is in shambles is because the EPL.

vCash
    With the Labor agreement done after this year, the salary cap should be raised a bit....I know nowhere near the level where to get the top tops but still it should go up. Also with this new tv deal that's being rumored to be coming to the MLS, they should be receiving quite a bit more money now for the league.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    With the Labor agreement done after this year, the salary cap should be raised a bit....I know nowhere near the level where to get the top tops but still it should go up. Also with this new tv deal that's being rumored to be coming to the MLS, they should be receiving quite a bit more money now for the league.
    See that only helps the average salary which is very important in bringing up the average level of talent but not epl status which is good in the long run. We should try and copy Germany

vCash
    Yea I'd rather we produce world class talent and not just buy it. Part of the reason the English national team is in shambles is because the EPL.
    While your right and it doesn't help at times; the real reason the English National team is a mess is due to a clusterF of competing interests in the English FA. It's a political nightmare and why they never choose the best most qualified coach or even players. It's always a mess.

Also why you see a bunch of (popularity contest) aging Captains running the midfield etc. ... sigh ...