Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Top Ten Favorite Vikings Wins Since You've Been a Fan

For me-

9/10-2000 Divisional playoff win vs the Saints and 09 playoff win vs the Cowboys- The reason I'm not putting these higher is that we were heavy favorites in both games, and we won fairly easily so they were a little light on drama. Still, it's two of the three playoff wins that have come since I've been a fan, so they both deserve to be on there.

8- 2012 win over the Packers- It had a great ending with AP almost breaking the record and the field goal just barely sneaking through, and beating the Packers and clinching a playoff spot on the last week are always great, but the knowledge that we lost to the same team the next week makes the victory seem a little hollow and takes some of the luster off the win.

7. 05 Home win vs the Packers- Both teams were 1-3 coming into the game, so it was almost like an early season elimination game, and it was right after the "boat party" scandal, so we HAD to get a win to restore credibility. Plus, the Packers had gotten off to so-so starts the past two years and still made the playoffs, so everyone was assuming they'd win and gave us no chance. Part of the reason I love this game is that I watched it in a bar full of Packer fans. Apparently there was one other Viking fan there too, since right when Edinger's 56 yard field goal barely made it over the post, me and another guy in purple simultaneously stood up with our arms held high while everyone else just glared at us. I felt great the whole rest of the day after that game.

6. AP rushing record game- This is an easy one. It wasn't a dramatic game but it's such a great performance that is has to be on there.

5. 05 @ the Giants- We flat out stole that game, and that's why I like it, plus it was a big win for playoff positioning even though we didn't end up making it. We won 24-21, with interception, punt, and kickoff return touchdowns. When the Giants tied the game at 21 I assumed we'd just lose in overtime (since our offense had less than 100 yards for the whole game at that point) but all of a sudden Brad Johnson got it going and marched down the field for the winning field goal. Another win that made my whole day, just because it was so cheap.

4. 08 vs the Packers- A weird game where AP played great and we snapped a losing streak to the Packers. It got us on the road to the division title.

3. 09 vs the Packers- Favre's first game against his old team. It's one of the most hyped early season games I can remember and had an electric atmosphere. There was a goal line stand late in the game where the Packers threw on fourth and goal from the 1 because they were afraid to run on our killer defensive front. Great game

2. 08 vs the Bears- Both teams entered the game with the same record late in the season, it was apparent that the winner would take the division so long as they didn't screw up down the stretch (which we almost did against the Giants backups). I love this game for one moment: stopping the Bears on the 1 and then completing a 99 TD pass to blow the game open. One of the quickest reversals I've ever seen in a game.

1. 04 season playoff win vs the Packers- I really don't see how any Vikings fan could put a win over this one (except for the older crowd who were fans in the 70's). Randy Moss will always own the Packers.

vCash
    the win against the 49er's in 09 has to be up there. Thats when the magic began that season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    the win against the 49er's in 09 has to be up there. Thats when the magic began that season.
    Yep exactly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxSzxIxPrY

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Td! Greg lewis! Welcome to minnesota!

vCash

That time we beat the saints in 09....oh
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

Not to derail the thread but we will never another QB like that again. I predict 10 more years of ****** qb's donning the purple and gold.

vCash
    What about the Wild Card game win over the Giants following the 97 season? Down 19-3 at half and came back to win it 23-22 with Randall Cunningham at QB.
    Or what about the win over GB in week 5 of the 98 season, in the rain, where Moss had 3 TDs, I think? Both we and the Pack were 4-0 heading into that game. I still remember the commercials they had of John Randle sewing a little Favre jersey and putting it on a chicken to chase around for training. The commercial ended with Randle eating fried chicken.

vCash

2000 NFC championship vs Giants takes the cake for me. LOL
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Can you say *******? While we're at it, who's the only MLB team to lose after being up 3-0? Oh, right ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmott View Post
    Can you say *******? While we're at it, who's the only MLB team to lose after being up 3-0? Oh, right ...
    I'm not a giants fan lol im a vikes fan I'm just messing around
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    My memory is a little foggy on this, but it was the preseason, I believe it was against the Jets. AD carried the ball on a stretch to the right and nothing was there, then AD did a spin move towards the inside of the D and sprinted for like another 40. I think that was the moment most of us Viking fans knew he'd be special.

vCash
    Been there since 69. The 09 playoff win over Cowboys was sweet. And the 98 win in Dallas when Moss lit them up was great. And as a kid I loved the 69 thanksgiving day win over Detroit in the mud and snow.
    But I have to admit there are so many more heartbreaks than hits. The 4 superbowl loses. But the 75 push off /hail mary in the playoffs against the Cowboys, 98 NFC Championship against Atlanta, 09 Saints. Unfortuately there is no positive win that can compare to those painful negitive losses.
    I hate N.O. with a passion, since that 09 Saints playoff debacle. I hate Miami,the Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers still from the 70's.
    A Superbowl win would ease my depression, And maybe then I wouldn't want to kill that bounty gate Def. Cord. the Saints had.

vCash
    That turkey day win over Dallas with Moss torching them was awesome. I watched it at the bar I worked at and there were some obnoxious Cowboy fans there that couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Does anyone know the tidbit of history regarding the Vikings/Chiefs Super Bowl?
    'legend has it' that Hank Stram, HC of the Chiefs, was friends of the HC at Florida and had commented that his team tended to tire late in games more than he felt they should and he didn't believe it was conditioning. The Florida HC said 'we've got this drink we've been using that helps with that...I'll send you a few cases' He did, the Chiefs had the drink on the sideline of that Super Bowl for the first time. Chiefs won. The drink? It was later marketed to the public....as Gatorade.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 01-08-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That turkey day win over Dallas with Moss torching them was awesome. I watched it at the bar I worked at and there were some obnoxious Cowboy fans there that couldn't believe what they were seeing.

Does anyone know the tidbit of history regarding the Vikings/Chiefs Super Bowl?
    'legend has it' that Hank Stram, HC of the Chiefs, was friends of the HC at Florida and had commented that his team tended to tire late in games more than he felt they should and he didn't believe it was conditioning. The Florida HC said 'we've got this drink we've been using that helps with that...I'll send you a few cases' He did, the Chiefs had the drink on the sideline of that Super Bowl for the first time. Chiefs won. The drink? It was later marketed to the public....as Gatorade.
    That's interesting. The timeline would be about right. Gatorade had a commercial awhile back that show this new drink invented in 1966, that was introduced to the Univ. of Florida football team.
    I don't really remember gatorade on the store selves until the late 70's or 80's. So that story makes sense.
    Do any of you remember a superbowl a few years ago where both teams were having bad cramping problems. One of the teams had a huge bunch of bananas brought in on the sidelines.

vCash
    I'm not a giants fan lol im a vikes fan I'm just messing around
    Okay, but we hear about all the gutwrenching losses, but rarely do we hear about all the exciting wins in Vikes history. Just didn't want to bring in the depression into a nice nostalgic thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast