Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Maddux Won't Be Unanimous HOF Inductee

Thanks Ken Gurnick for being a complete jagbag! I'm appalled this idiot even gets a vote...

From CNNSi...

When the National Baseball Hall of Fame announces who will be the newest inductees on Wednesday, many expect four-time National League Cy Young award winner Greg Maddux to easily earn his way into the Hall.

But the vote won’t be unanimous.

MLB.com posted on its website how 17 staff writers who are eligible to vote cast their ballots.

One writer, Ken Gurnick, a Dodgers beat reporter, gave his rationale on why he only voted for one player: Jack Morris.

"Morris has flaws — a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Players votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won’t vote for any of them."

Tom Seaver received the highest percentage of votes in history with 98.84 percent of the vote when he was inducted. Nolan Ryan (98.79%), Cal Ripken, Jr. (98.53%), Ty Cobb (98.23%) and George Brett (98.19%) round out the top five.

vCash
    What a pathetic and stupid little man. I hope his family gets SARS.

vCash
    HOF voting is one of the funniest times of year for me. I marvel about the stupidity some of these voters display. I mean, it's shocking.

vCash
    The guy is an idiot. That said, I never expected Maddux to be unanimous to be honest. There is always someone out there with a vote and a grudge. The amazing fact to me is that no one has ever been unanimous. Look at the top 5 percentage wise and then think of the guys in the HOF and not top 5. Seaver, Ripken, Cobb, Ryan, and George Brett didn't get 100%? Babe freaking Ruth? Mickey Mantle? Roberto Clemente? Cy Young? Don Drysdale? No one will ever get 100%.

vCash
    What a joke. Oh well, doesn't really matter. Maddux is getting in.

vCash
    How can someone insignificant make a name for himself? Your answer is right there.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYF View Post
    The guy is an idiot. That said, I never expected Maddux to be unanimous to be honest. There is always someone out there with a vote and a grudge. The amazing fact to me is that no one has ever been unanimous. Look at the top 5 percentage wise and then think of the guys in the HOF and not top 5. Seaver, Ripken, Cobb, Ryan, and George Brett didn't get 100%? Babe freaking Ruth? Mickey Mantle? Roberto Clemente? Cy Young? Don Drysdale? No one will ever get 100%.
    The problem is most of those didn't get 100% because the Babe didn't get a 100% and the dumb BBWAA voters think nobody deserves it.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    He should no longer be allowed to vote. He's an ignorant, attention whore of a man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi416 View Post
    "Morris has flaws — a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Players votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won’t vote for any of them."
    Including, apparently, those that have never been suspected of using.

But not including, apparently, those that played when the PEDs of the day were something other than steroids and HGH.

Who knows what Jack Morris did or didn't take, but make no mistake, PEDs were available -- and widely used -- when he played.

vCash
    Apparently hes relinquishing his vote; not because he effed up, but because he realizes he wouldn't be able to vote Rivera in due to his own jacked up criteria.

Is this real life?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Including, apparently, those that have never been suspected of using.

But not including, apparently, those that played when the PEDs of the day were something other than steroids and HGH.

Who knows what Jack Morris did or didn't take, but make no mistake, PEDs were available -- and widely used -- when he played.
    Maddux was a master of control pitcher not a power pitcher. Nothing about his pitching suggests PEDs.
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

vCash
    To be fair, as long as this guy gets a vote, nobody will get in with 100%.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    To be fair, as long as this guy gets a vote, nobody will get in with 100%.
    I thinks he has already come out and said this was his late vote.

vCash
    I've always been under the impression that MLB could stop this whole PED/HOF debacle by simply coming up with one plaque to post with the proper dialogue discussing PEDs, from stimulants to the hard stuff, and the suspected times that these PEDs were used during baseball.

Baseball purists just need to conform.

It is what it is.

vCash
    Maddux/Glavine/Thomas get in! Biggio just missed.
    Last edited by ABE32; 01-08-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast