Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils

Time: 7:30pm
    Place: The Pru

Game Notes:

- Devils are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games, but have lost 4 of their last 6.
    - Devils are one of the worst teams in the league when yielding the first goal, but one of the best teams when scoring the first goal.
    - Devils have not won since beating the Penguins on New Year's Eve.
    - Patrick Elias and Damien Brunner are on the shelf for the Devils.
    - Flyers are coming off of a comeback 5-3 win over Phoenix.
    - Flyers head into the final game of their road trip with a 4-1 record.
    - Scott Hartnell and Wayne Simmonds remain hot; Hartnell has a 7 game point-streak, while Simmonds has scored 9 goals in the last 9 games.
    - Michael Raffl skated yesterday and is hoping to be cleared by doctors to play tonight; Matt Read and Erik Gustafsson remain sidelined with injuries.

vCash
    I hate the devils. Go Flyers!

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see how Giroux plays from this point on after being left off the Canadian Roster for the Olympics.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    Giroux didnt make it? Are you ********** kidding me!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedstuff14 View Post
    Giroux didnt make it? Are you ********** kidding me!?!
    its a product of them properly filling the roster. They already had guys fulfilling the niche Giroux fills. Thats why Kunitz and Carter made it over him

vCash
    Giroux would have been the penalty killer they needed...especially on the big ice.

Imagine if we had Bobby Ryan this year with both of them getting snubbed, they would've destroyed teams haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedstuff14 View Post
    Giroux would have been the penalty killer they needed...especially on the big ice.

Imagine if we had Bobby Ryan this year with both of them getting snubbed, they would've destroyed teams haha.
    yea and it probably came down to Giroux or Patrice Bergeron, who is an absolute elite defensive guy. And add Mike Richards to that who was also snubbed for the same reason. With Bergeron, Crosby and Toews you have plenty of elite defensive centers. They need some grit and snipers. Apparently a lot of snipers were thought to be the priority, with Stamkos, Nash, Carter, Benn, Perry, Getzlaf, and even Sharp all making the cut. Thats a ton of goal scorers. Honestly if Giroux was going to make the team, it would be as a pure playmaker, which they seem to be lacking.

vCash
    yea and it probably came down to Giroux or Patrice Bergeron, who is an absolute elite defensive guy. And add Mike Richards to that who was also snubbed for the same reason. With Bergeron, Crosby and Toews you have plenty of elite defensive centers. They need some grit and snipers. Apparently a lot of snipers were thought to be the priority, with Stamkos, Nash, Carter, Benn, Perry, Getzlaf, and even Sharp all making the cut. Thats a ton of goal scorers. Honestly if Giroux was going to make the team, it would be as a pure playmaker, which they seem to be lacking.
    i think bill clement gets it right when he says that you can't say canadia made a mistake until after they either win or lose in russia, but their forwards look way too slow, and i would not trust either luongo or smith as far as i could throw them (FWIW, smith is ranked 53rd on hockey-reference.com).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i think bill clement gets it right when he says that you can't say canadia made a mistake until after they either win or lose in russia, but their forwards look way too slow, and i would not trust either luongo or smith as far as i could throw them (FWIW, smith is ranked 53rd on hockey-reference.com).

First of all, Richards did not get snubbed. He's a great player, but he doesn't belong in that group. Giroux does, as does Couture and St. Louis to be honest. I would take all three before I took Richards.

Second, Price will be the starter, so trusting Luongo or Smith isn't really all that relevant. They are there as experienced goalies who have played on the international rink and stage before in case Price falters under the pressure.

Ultimately, though, yeah Clement has a point: if Canada wins, it won't matter who they left off the roster, they would have accomplished their goal.

vCash
    Uhh... what channel is this on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash

Nice job, boys.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    ****ing MMA is on NBCSports. WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    ****ing MMA is on NBCSports. WTF?
    fios = 99

comcast = 200 i think?

i have fios

vCash
    its 1-0 NJ

vCash
    lazy start to another game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast