Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Thread: The Best QB....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,460
    vCash
    1500

    The Best QB....

    .....winning in the playoffs trend/stat.

    So far the better QB is 3-1, if we go with that, then...

    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Cam Newton and Tom Brady move on. I see one of them losing giving us a 6-2 trend. But which one?

    While here, if Charles hadn't gone down I do see the Chiefs winning that game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,206
    vCash
    1777
    Cam>Kaepernick?

    Meh. It's close in my book.

    I'd almost throw that one out.


    Give me Brees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Cam>Kaepernick?

    Meh. It's close in my book.

    I'd almost throw that one out.


    Give me Brees.
    I agree it is close between Cam & Kaep, but since Cam is at home with rest and Kaep on the road again, hmmm?

    The Saints haven't done anything when faced with double road trip scenarios, so I'd have to agree.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,206
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    I agree it is close between Cam & Kaep, but since Cam is at home with rest and Kaep on the road again, hmmm?

    The Saints haven't done anything when faced with double road trip scenarios, so I'd have to agree.
    I have a gut feeling Wilson has a great game. Not like a billion yards but just very efficient and smart.

    I really want to just see SEA vs DEN at this point. I know it's unlikely but screw it, I want it.

    IND and SEA would be pretty crazy but IND just isn't strong enough to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I have a gut feeling Wilson has a great game. Not like a billion yards but just very efficient and smart.

    I really want to just see SEA vs DEN at this point. I know it's unlikely but screw it, I want it.

    IND and SEA would be pretty crazy but IND just isn't strong enough to get there.
    Russell Wilson is the perfect example of the future NFL QB, he can throw, he's smart, he can go 40 yards if he needs to and then knows when to bail, yep, the total package. In my opinion he is the best young QB in the league. He's already the winningest second year guy ever and tied the rookie TD record along with winning a playoff game. Now a spot in the SB is very realistic.
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-07-2014 at 03:26 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SoDak
    Posts
    84,206
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Russell Wilson is the perfect example of the future NFL QB, he can throw, he's smart, he can go 40 yards if he needs to and then knows when to bail, yep, the total package. In my opinion he is the best young QB in the league. He's already the winningest second year guy everr and tied the rookie TD record along with winning a playoff game.
    I can't argue this a bit honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.



    Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Russell Wilson is the perfect example of the future NFL QB, he can throw, he's smart, he can go 40 yards if he needs to and then knows when to bail, yep, the total package. In my opinion he is the best young QB in the league. He's already the winningest second year guy ever and tied the rookie TD record along with winning a playoff game. Now a spot in the SB is very realistic.
    Russell has been an awesome surprise, and what a good position he's in there. Great D to help out. Beast of a runningback. Great offensive line. You kind of almost want to be one of those 2nd tier mid-late 1st round QB's or later, or one coming off just a disaster season at QB with a team that probably is better than their record (post Vick Falcons, post Manning Colts). Ben Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers, Grossman, Campbell type picks. Those guys might not all have been successful, but they got on some decent teams, which helped I think a lot in their formative years. Not saying Russell Wilson wouldn't be a stud if he was in Cleveland, just that it might be a bit tougher to get those favorable situations

    Vs. the #1 overalls, like Peyton's first year, Cam's early years, Carr, Bradford, Stafford, Russell, Alex Smith, Eli, Couch,

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,067
    vCash
    1500
    You should really stop with the thread titles ending in an ellipsis. It's pretty annoying. Just get to the point in one title.

    Please. I know I'm not the only one with this request.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I have a gut feeling Wilson has a great game. Not like a billion yards but just very efficient and smart.

    I really want to just see SEA vs DEN at this point. I know it's unlikely but screw it, I want it.

    IND and SEA would be pretty crazy but IND just isn't strong enough to get there.
    Is it really unlikely though? They're still probably pretty heavy favorites to make it to the Super Bowl and each have HFA.

    New Orleans worries me. Actually, the remaining teams worry me. I don't think Denver should have any problem with San Diego this week and if they get the Colts, I think they beat them too. I don't think that will happen and they'll lose to New England though. So I guess it's a little less likely that it looks initially.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,124
    vCash
    3425
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Is it really unlikely though? They're still probably pretty heavy favorites to make it to the Super Bowl and each have HFA.

    New Orleans worries me. Actually, the remaining teams worry me. I don't think Denver should have any problem with San Diego this week and if they get the Colts, I think they beat them too. I don't think that will happen and they'll lose to New England though. So I guess it's a little less likely that it looks initially.
    Agreed.

    This year more than any others feels like the flaws that were exposed on each team is more fatal than any other.

    And I blocked the OP so I have no clue what he wrote, but the best QBs in the NFL and Playoffs are still pocket passers.

    What's with this crusade by some to take the classic pocket passer and "old yeller" him? As long as the league protects QB's in the pocket, keeps the passing game wide open, and is all about high scoring, I will always want a pocket passer over any other style QB.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Agreed.

    This year more than any others feels like the flaws that were exposed on each team is more fatal than any other.

    And I blocked the OP so I have no clue what he wrote, but the best QBs in the NFL and Playoffs are still pocket passers.

    What's with this crusade by some to take the classic pocket passer and "old yeller" him? As long as the league protects QB's in the pocket, keeps the passing game wide open, and is all about high scoring, I will always want a pocket passer over any other style QB.
    I think a lot of these mobile QBs can be pocket passers. They're just not really required to do so (Newton, Kaep) or don't have the O-Line (Wilson) to actually be a pocket passer without getting killed.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,124
    vCash
    3425
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I think a lot of these mobile QBs can be pocket passers. They're just not really required to do so (Newton, Kaep) or don't have the O-Line (Wilson) to actually be a pocket passer without getting killed.
    I don't think we've seen one do it yet though. More so because they have too many injuries before they learn to settle in.

    Correction, one has done it, Donovann McNabb. But I think he always wanted to be a PP first, runner second.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    .....winning in the playoffs trend/stat.

    So far the better QB is 3-1, if we go with that, then...

    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Cam Newton and Tom Brady move on. I see one of them losing giving us a 6-2 trend. But which one?

    While here, if Charles hadn't gone down I do see the Chiefs winning that game.
    charles is the reason the defense blew a 38-13 lead? its not like his backup was awful
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    peyton manning is going to lose. he plays san deigo, who palyed in the eagles home opener. it's destiny
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,918
    vCash
    1500
    I think Drew Brees will be the one to lose this weekend.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •