Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

John wall or Eric Bledsoe

So I have a buddy who is a huge Kentucky basketball fan and he believes wall is having a better season than Bledsoe. He pointed out ppg, rpg, and apg, while I countered with fg%, 3pt%, mpg, and team records.

Who do you believe is having a better season? I'm the first to admit I don't know much about advanced stats, but what do they have to say about these two?

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    They're having pretty damn similar seasons. I'd imagine advanced stats say that too.

But I'm taking Wall over Bledsoe long term, and still by a decent amount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    They're having pretty damn similar seasons. I'd imagine advanced stats say that too.

But I'm taking Wall over Bledsoe long term, and still by a decent amount.
    Came here to say this.

The thread title makes it seems like you're asking who I am taking of the two, I go with John Wall.

In terms of what the contents are asking, the better season? It is pretty damn close but I'm still going Wall.

vCash
    Bledsoe by a smidge right now, but he does have better teammates (so far) helping his numbers, but Wall has more ability to add to his game, so if we are talking the next 7 years, give me Wall.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

John wall or Eric Bledsoe

Yeah I was shocked how close they are statistically. I believe Bledsoe is having a better season, but wall is the better player

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I love these young PGs. Really exciting for the league.

vCash
    Wall. He's having the better season and he will be a way better player.

vCash
    Bledsoe isn't even the best PG on his own team. Wall is and will be better.

vCash
    John Wall. Bledsoe might end up being the better player overall.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    I'd take Bledsoe over Wall.

That's just me though.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    There are a lot of similarities in their seasons, but Bledsoe's shooting much more efficiently from the field (eFG% of .531 to Wall's .438, though Wall does make up for that some with better FT shooting), while Wall has a much better assist rate (41.3% to Bledsoe's 28.7%). Their per game points, rebounds and steals are all in the same ballpark, but the differences in shooting and playmaking are pretty significant.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I'm a big supporter of both but as of right now I'd go Wall. Bledsoe for his career has been an inefficient scorer basically the only thing he has on Wall outside of his D which has taken a slight step back this season which is probably a result of him guarding more 2s than before and this sudden turnaround leads me to believe that over time he'll even out. When defenses start to see him and the Suns the 2nd and 3rd times around and adjust to him and their offense then I'd buy into him being a near 60% TS guy. Until then I'm going Wall.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Well... Wall is getting 4 minutes more per game, so one can expect his averages to be a little higher.

Looking at their per36 states:
    EB: 19.3 pts (on 13.9 FGA + 5.7 FTA), 6.3 asts, 4.1 rb, 1.7 sts, 3.5 trn 2.6 pf .485 FG .350 3pt .789 ft .587 TS
    JW: 19.1 pts (on 16.1 FGA + 5/1 FTA), 8.5 asts, 4.0 rb, 2/o stls, 3.5 trn, 2.3 pf .424 FG, .304 3pt, .858 FT .521 TS

Bledsoe clearly has the advantage with shooting percentages, though Wall is a better FT shooter. Bledsoe also gets tot he line more, which is actually a strong suit for Wall.

Walls gets more assists, while their turnovers are about the same, so Wall has a better assist-to-turnover ratio and he gets more steals.

This is actually a hard call. I think you and your friend both have a legit argument. Wall takes a hit for FG% and Bledsoe takes a hit for turnovers. Wall has a slight advantage in assists and steals.... I'd give a slight edge to Wall this year, but if you put a lot of weight into team success, then Bledsoe gets it.

My guy says Bledsoe is the better player, but looking at the numbers, it is hard to say that one is clearly better than the other.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    There are a lot of similarities in their seasons, but Bledsoe's shooting much more efficiently from the field (eFG% of .531 to Wall's .438, though Wall does make up for that some with better FT shooting), while Wall has a much better assist rate (41.3% to Bledsoe's 28.7%). Their per game points, rebounds and steals are all in the same ballpark, but the differences in shooting and playmaking are pretty significant.
    Bingo. That's why I stated Bledsoe was having a better season IMO, but that's no indication that Bledsoe is better than wall, just having a superior season in my eyes

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Well... Wall is getting 4 minutes more per game, so one can expect his averages to be a little higher.

Looking at their per36 states:
    EB: 19.3 pts (on 13.9 FGA + 5.7 FTA), 6.3 asts, 4.1 rb, 1.7 sts, 3.5 trn 2.6 pf .485 FG .350 3pt .789 ft .587 TS
    JW: 19.1 pts (on 16.1 FGA + 5/1 FTA), 8.5 asts, 4.0 rb, 2/o stls, 3.5 trn, 2.3 pf .424 FG, .304 3pt, .858 FT .521 TS

Bledsoe clearly has the advantage with shooting percentages, though Wall is a better FT shooter. Bledsoe also gets tot he line more, which is actually a strong suit for Wall.

Walls gets more assists, while their turnovers are about the same, so Wall has a better assist-to-turnover ratio and he gets more steals.

This is actually a hard call. I think you and your friend both have a legit argument. Wall takes a hit for FG% and Bledsoe takes a hit for turnovers. Wall has a slight advantage in assists and steals.... I'd give a slight edge to Wall this year, but if you put a lot of weight into team success, then Bledsoe gets it.

My guy says Bledsoe is the better player, but looking at the numbers, it is hard to say that one is clearly better than the other.
    Yeah I had no idea how much they mirror each other until I did some research. Amazing career thus far for Bledsoe considering nobody really considered him to be near wall's level coming out of uk

- MJ-BULLS

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast