Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The War Room (IV)

Since the last thread was over 1,000 posts, it's time to start fresh.

Keep it draft related, please.

(Link to WRIII -- LINK)

vCash
    Well, Tre' Mason should declare...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Well, Tre' Mason should declare...
    No kidding, he looked damn good last night. He'd look good in a Raiders jersey...and be the RB that McFragile never could be. What round is he projected? 3rd? Earlier?

vCash
    When the last time the Raiders had a true offensive weapon? A playmaker? Tandy Moss in his first year with the Raiders was the last time we've had anything like that, yet the team keeps avoiding it.

I think it's time for a real game changer. Drafting Watkins or Evans or Lee would be huge. We would finally have an absolute playmaker. A guy to he excited about. The Raider Nation needs that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    When the last time the Raiders had a true offensive weapon? A playmaker? Tandy Moss in his first year with the Raiders was the last time we've had anything like that, yet the team keeps avoiding it.

I think it's time for a real game changer. Drafting Watkins or Evans or Lee would be huge. We would finally have an absolute playmaker. A guy to he excited about. The Raider Nation needs that.
    I agree. The Raiders need a playmaker on offense in the worst way. Its been too long since we had one.

vCash
    Imagine Watkins in the first and Tre' Mason in the second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoCommando View Post
    Im a big fan of Mason and have been since he was considered a 6th rounder. Now he is considered a 2nd/3rd rounder if he declares. Only thing that worries me a bit about Mason is how much of his rushing is because of the option and the factor that his QB is a running QB. I mean I have seen him succeed rushing up the middle just most of the time he rushes out of the shotgun formation. Mainly off the option. He is a solid rusher just something to keep in mind.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Imagine this if you've signed someone like Schaub / Bradford to play QB, then draft McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, Boyd, Fales, Carr, etc, in the 3rd round... you've got an offense in '14, and a potential QB to take the wheel in 2-3 years.

I would be thrilled if the Raiders could pull something like that off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Im a big fan of Mason and have been since he was considered a 6th rounder. Now he is considered a 2nd/3rd rounder if he declares. Only thing that worries me a bit about Mason is how much of his rushing is because of the option and the factor that his QB is a running QB. I mean I have seen him succeed rushing up the middle just most of the time he rushes out of the shotgun formation. Mainly off the option. He is a solid rusher just something to keep in mind.
    True.

Either way he's a talented running back with tremendous upside especially in the second. Would be even better to snag him in the third though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Imagine this if you've signed someone like Schaub / Bradford to play QB, then draft McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, Boyd, Fales, Carr, etc, in the 3rd round... you've got an offense in '14, and a potential QB to take the wheel in 2-3 years.

Definitely. Add Freeman to that list. Didn't Olson coach Freeman in his better years?

vCash
    Definitely. Add Freeman to that list. Didn't Olson coach Freeman in his better years?
    I've read that Josh Freeman showed up late to some meetings, and missed other meetings entirely.

If that's true, he's got issues that won't be fixed with a 3 year deal. Unless there are no better options, I'd avoid Freeman like the plague.

vCash
    I've been wondering if either of our young QB's might get any trade offers lately. Reggie would definitely bite on shipping TP or MM out for a fourth or fifth rounder. This draft has so many QB's, Reggie would be dumb not to draft one.
    I'm the only Raiders fan I know, still having nightmares about JaMarcus Russell.

vCash
    I've read that Josh Freeman showed up late to some meetings, and missed other meetings entirely.

If that's true, he's got issues that won't be fixed with a 3 year deal. Unless there are no better options, I'd avoid Freeman like the plague.
    I wasn't aware of that. Well, forge that idea.

Is Bradford expected to be cut or something?

vCash

I would add Vick and McCown on the list.

vCash
    I would be content with having McCown, Bradford or Locker as the starter and drafting a quarterback in the 3rd or later. I don't think Bradford will be let go because he is a potential franchise guy.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast