Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Torell Troup signed to Futures Contract

The Raiders just signed a nose tackle who was a 2nd round pick by the Bills. This guy had a bad back injury in 2011 and has been trying to make a comeback since. Scouting reports say that he's a hard working unselfish player. I wish him the best and hope that he makes the team as a backup DT.
    Last edited by erickench; 01-06-2014 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Reggie has a soft spot for guys coming off bad injuries. You never know though when that swing for the fence will connect and he will look genius for it... Back injuries are something that never go away usually...
    What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' ******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ***.

Don't tell nobody about this. This sheit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-A$s-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here.

vCash
    A nose tackle,very interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    A nose tackle,very interesting.
    Isn't it? He fits best in a 3-4. I guess we would be using him in 3-4 sets if he can show that he is past his back injury.
    Last edited by erickench; 01-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    I have a feeling we are going full 3-4 next year, I think that's why Houston thinks he doesn't fit. The problem with Houston, I know in another thread someone asked why a lot of us are down on him. He wants to be a outside DE pass rusher, and he is better fit as a 4-3 DT or DE in a 3-4. I think we are gonna draft heavy on the defensive side of the ball this year and tune up the offense in FA.

vCash
    I watched Troup play a dominant game with UCF against Tulane. He's an interesting sign. Hopefully fully healed. If we sign Bortles, we'll have Troup, Murray and Bortles all coming from the same program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I think we are gonna draft heavy on the defensive side of the ball this year and tune up the offense in FA.
    Yes it does look that way. We only need a QB, a guard, and maybe a receiver for our offense. We need a DE or two depending on whether Houston leaves, an OLB, and maybe a safety to eventually take Woodson's place.

vCash
    Low risk/high reward signing. It amazes me that when we sign someone to one of these future's contract, we have them pegged as something that's gonna be specialm and we always end up releasing them...LOL

vCash
    I posted this awhile back with the trent edwards and one other guy (i forget).

vCash
    super bowl here we come!

vCash
    Who bought the tickets? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I posted this awhile back with the trent edwards and one other guy (i forget).
    from ESPN-

Edwards was one of three to sign such contracts Thursday, along with defensive tackles David Carter and Torell Troup. Earlier in the week, the Raiders announced six Reserve/Future signings, all of whom finished the 2013 season on the Raiders’ practice squad: cornerback Johnny Adams, offensive lineman Jack Cornell, receiver Jared Green, linebacker Eric Harper, tight end Brian Leonhardt and defensive end Chris McCoy.

vCash
    I thought this was the year we had millions and millions to spend and were still signing other peoples trash and leftovers. I don't get it.

Signed:
    totally confused

vCash
    Jave, future's contract are low risk/high reward types of deals. They'll probably be OTA/TC fodder and then released. Nothing more, nothing less, imo...