Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,725
    vCash
    1500

    Tigers next big move signing Scherzer?

    That's what the rags all say so will a 6 year $95M get it done? That's an average of $16.5 a year (spread it out as needed) which is more than Anibal gets a year and it's a longer contract. It's not as much as JV makes but regardless of last year he's still in the top 5 pitchers in the MLB where as Scherzer, IMO, is not.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,197
    vCash
    2000
    Ideally yes. With Boras representing him though I doubt he'll settle for that.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    I can't imagine that gets it done unless Max REALLY wants to stay here and DD has already told him he can't pay him what he can get on the open market.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Ideally yes. With Boras representing him though I doubt he'll settle for that.
    I'm guessing that on this January date, Boras may push for 6/120

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,243
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think 6/120 gets it done either. Not with the money that being thrown around to pitchers that are borderline. And hitters too for that matter. In todays market . I still think we go all in on Tanaka and trade Max either before the season or during. I don't see the Tigers laying out that kind of money on Max . I see them taking a gamble on Tanaka who 4-5 younger for about the same money not counting the posting fee. Some of my thinking is because of having to give Cabrera big money soon . And with Hunter and Martinez coming off the books next year we'll have to spend big money to replace them.And something will also have to be done about Austin Jackson. Too many unknowns. I won't be shocked if they resign him and I won't be shocked if they trade him.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,569
    vCash
    1500
    Martinez leaving is a good thing because that opens up teh DH spot for Miggy to use more often and to give "rest" to Avila and other guys. Tigers have a few upper minor league OF that could replace Hunter. We won't have to spend anything to replace those guys tbh.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,243
    vCash
    1500
    To me that's taking a step backwards. many of you are satisfied with Martinez hitting behind Cabrera. So when he is gone are you going to be satisfied with some so called high level minor leaguer hitting behind him? And what about the top of the order? Are you going to be satisfied with yet another so called high level minor leaguer in the two hole? I seriously doubt the FO will put their trust in one or two youngsters in front of and directly behind the best hitter in baseball. Especially with a weak hitting 6 thru 9. I hope the FO will be smart and get two solid replacements with the money coming off the books after next season.
    Plus we've seen what our so called major league ready minor leaguers have done in the past. Or should I say haven't done. Can you say Will Rhymes and Scott Sizemore as the most recent. And I think Castellanos will be added to that list. I hope he comes thru because we won't have much for options if he doesn't . But and Scottie would say I'm a Debbie Downer. Sorry guys I just don't put much trust in MOST minor leaguers. They are a crap shoot.
    Last edited by JackB; 01-08-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,569
    vCash
    1500
    It's a good thing it's only 2014 then JackB. Stop trying to get to the grave early.

    Nick is projected to be a better bat then Victor and for the record I'm not happy with him as Miggy's protection but you roll with what you have. The lineup as is might actually be better then 2013. Power isn't the end all solution to scoring.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Martinez leaving is a good thing because that opens up teh DH spot for Miggy to use more often and to give "rest" to Avila and other guys. Tigers have a few upper minor league OF that could replace Hunter. We won't have to spend anything to replace those guys tbh.
    I hope we sign a one year extension with Victor before April. If not, then lets hope Castellanos isn't our DH in 2015. Currently there's not one position Nick plays well. Ausmus better have some good tutors / coaches.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,569
    vCash
    1500
    I believe Nick will be a much better fielding 1B then Miggy.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,243
    vCash
    1500
    Well we all have different opinions. That's what these forums are about. I guess at this point everything is just speculation. Unless something changes before the season starts.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,725
    vCash
    1500
    The longer we go with no more LH bullpen guys or another arm in the pen, I wonder if DD is laying in the weeds for Tanaka or one of the other starters still out there? Also, Belfoure may be a target on a one year deal as well. Just seems way too quite and snug at this time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    .
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 01-10-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: double post

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    Quiet and snug may travel in the same direction as spent and finished

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,467
    vCash
    2682
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    It's a good thing it's only 2014 then JackB. Stop trying to get to the grave early.

    Nick is projected to be a better bat then Victor and for the record I'm not happy with him as Miggy's protection but you roll with what you have. The lineup as is might actually be better then 2013. Power isn't the end all solution to scoring.
    Are you serious about this? Victor is a career 300 hitter. and even though he can't run he still hits doubles. If Nick is supposed to be better than that is pretty great.


    2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •