Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

DeSean Jackson wants a raise... Again

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...deserves-raise

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson would like a raise -- even though he has three years remaining on the five-year contract he signed in 2012.

"I definitely feel it's something deserving," Jackson said Monday, two days after the Eagles' season ended with a 26-24 playoff loss to the New Orleans Saints. "We'll see how that plays out.Hopefully, we can work things out smoothly and not have to worry about anything out of the ordinary."

Contract issues are nothing new for Jackson, who acknowledged in 2011 that dissatisfaction with his contract affected his performance. In March 2012, Jackson signed a five-year deal worth almost $50 million, including a $10 million signing bonus.

Jackson is due to make $10.5 million, including a workout bonus, in 2014. He made $7 million this season, when he hauled in 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns.

"I'm proven in this league," Jackson said. "After this past year, [I] went out there, no distractions, and just really put it all in for my team and went out there and had a lot of success, so we'll see how it goes.

Nice to see his head is in the right place after a first round exit one of the biggest clowns in the game.

vCash
    Wow, he's overpaid. I'd put him on the trade block and get some change back.
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Wake me up when he's doing situps in his driveway and buying reporters pizza.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    He's a great talent hell I'd love someone with that skill set in Chicago to help draw the safety away from our giants but I don't even think he's worth the contract he's getting right now. He's basically over targeted because of the lack of WR that team has. But his attitude is just unreal signs a 5 year deal and within 2 years he wants more money?

vCash
    Most overrated wideout in football... Explosive weapon but not even the best wideout on his team... Maclin

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Most overrated wideout in football... Explosive weapon but not even the best wideout on his team... Maclin
    Correction: Avant.

vCash
    I disagree. I'll take Djax over him all day. But if Djax is being such a headache, I'd rather have Maclin as their talent isn't TOO far off. You can't disregard what he means on Special Teams and in the running game (reverses, etc) Desean makes plays. He is a small WR in a big WRs body. He goes up and makes those contested catches.

He does not deserve a raise. Victor Cruz is a better WR than him and had a hard time getting a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Correction: Avant.
    Wait, seriously? Avant is their best WR? LOL

Riley Cooper>Avant.

vCash
    Even more overrated than Mike Wallace? Listening to clowns like this guy makes me feel pretty lucky to have WR like Chicago where Marshall is saying he's not worried about a contract and his last year before he retires his salary is going towards his charity Project Borderline. Hopefully Alshon is as quiet and humble as he acts and it isn't an act.
    Last edited by Rndy; 01-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Lulz.

vCash
    From what I've read, it would actually be smart to restructure his deal a bit, but I only skimmed the details about it.

Not really surprising with these comments though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post

Riley Cooper>Avant.
    Yes. Avant is their best WR. He just happens to be a slot WR. He got underutilized.

It's a similar situation to Wes Welker in NE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post

Riley Cooper>Avant.
    avant is a better receiver than cooper...unless your strictly a stat nerd and only follow the numbers
    never even heard of cooper before this season (slight sarcasm)

vCash
    Wow, he must be the first player to complain about his contract and ask for a raise!!

Truth is the guy had a great season and they'll rework his deal to give him some extra guaranteed money.

vCash
    More non-eagle fans acting like they are... Lets not talk about overpaying when you just gave one of the most overrated QBs 50m guaranteed... Clown

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast