Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Sherman Relieved of his Duties

The first domino falls... Wonder if there will be more to come.

Its all over twitter

vCash
    Now Ireland needs to follow Sherman out the door.

vCash
    Armando
    Source to me: Joe Philbin is "definitely safe."
    Barry Jackson
    If Philbin goes back to GreenBay roots for an off.coordinator(no indication if he will). QB coach Ben McAdoo(rising young assistant)is option.
    Alex Marvez
    Source confirms to @FOXSports that OC Mike Sherman fired by @MiamiDolphins. More staff changes likely coming I'm told
    Adam Beasley
    Doubt Philbin would fire Sherman without having a replacement in mind.
    One knowledgeable source went so far as to say Ben McAdoo is the favorite to replace Sherman. "Good coach, players like him."
    Chris Kouffman
    McAdoo was the Packers tight ends coach until he became QB Coach in place of Tom Clements, who took Philbin's old OC job.
    Andrew Abramson
    And I'd have to think Coyle will keep his job. If not, you'd think the team would announce on same day.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    I want NO part of McAdoo. He's got the same credentials as Philbin, yet he looks like the QB Guru. He's done nothing to prove he deserves it. We'd be getting another scrub.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I want NO part of McAdoo. He's got the same credentials as Philbin, yet he looks like the QB Guru. He's done nothing to prove he deserves it. We'd be getting another scrub.
    completely agree with ya there.

vCash
    You have to select someone who is going to give you the best chance to win THIS YEAR!

Someone who can use Tannehill strengths.

This is last year for all staff if 2014 season does not result in a playoff birth!

vCash
    Yeah I love these guys riding Aarron Rodgers' coat tails. As if Rodgers would suck if they weren't. We already have proof that Philbin was just along for the ride. We didn't sore 30 points all year, right? Pfft

One guy who I read about as far as getting consideration from other teams is the OC from OAK Greg Olsen. Helping Pryor and McGloin play well is something to be said for. Having Rodgers play well under you.......not so much.

vCash
    I'd take Norv Turner. He's a GREAT OC, just a bum HC. I think he can at least get us a balanced attack again. Plus he likes to run a deep ball kind of offense and can hopefully help Tannehill and Wallace get on the same page. I like him more than McAdoo and Chud at least. And I saw it on Twitter but I can't find it again, but someone said that the new OC will probably determine the rest of the OC staff, like Turner. Also one name I liked before was Hue Jackson. He seems like he can at least call a good game and get a balanced attack, and again likes the deep ball.

We should have fired Coyle too since the D has statistically gotten worse and worse since he's gotten here. The only faith I have in him is that in his first year he at least had a good red zone D, which would be good if he can get to again now that he has a better secondary and better pass rushers.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    I'd take Norv Turner. He's a GREAT OC, just a bum HC. I think he can at least get us a balanced attack again. Plus he likes to run a deep ball kind of offense and can hopefully help Tannehill and Wallace get on the same page. I like him more than McAdoo and Chud at least. And I saw it on Twitter but I can't find it again, but someone said that the new OC will probably determine the rest of the OC staff, like Turner. Also one name I liked before was Hue Jackson. He seems like he can at least call a good game and get a balanced attack, and again likes the deep ball.

We should have fired Coyle too since the D has statistically gotten worse and worse since he's gotten here. The only faith I have in him is that in his first year he at least had a good red zone D, which would be good if he can get to again now that he has a better secondary and better pass rushers.
    Coyle has to go. He does a good job in the secondary but is clueless when it comes to front 7

vCash
    Also I didn't notice this when Philbin first came here, but Armando just pointed it out.
    Consider Joe Philbin hired OL, QB, DB, WR coaches with no NFL experience and DC and RB coach with no NFL experience at their new positions.
    How? Just how?

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Also I didn't notice this when Philbin first came here, but Armando just pointed it out.

How? Just how?
    Most of those coaches did a pretty job a large portion of them came from the Iowa program which has pumped out more NFL players than any team in the past 5 years. you guys will find anything to complain about.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Most of those coaches did a pretty job a large portion of them came from the Iowa program which has pumped out more NFL players than any team in the past 5 years. you guys will find anything to complain about.
    And how exactly have those hirings done for our offense? Or more importantly, how have they done coaching those positions? Taylor is the only one that has done somewhat of a good job with Tannehill. We had to go spend money on WR's, we have a **** O-line, and an abysmal running game. But that's ok?
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-06-2014 at 03:17 PM.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Rutgers has produced many players as well but that didn't work out good for Shiano when he hired his former staff at Tampa

vCash
    And how exactly have those hirings done for our offense? Or more importantly, how have they done coaching those positions? Taylor is the only one that has done somewhat of a good job with Tannehill. We had to go spend money on WR's, we have a **** O-line, and an abysmal running game. But that's ok?
    Dan Campbell has been a success as TE coach.

vCash
    There position coaches, they coach technique and make sure guys are up on the playbook. There not god damn miracle workers. If the talent isn't there, it isn't there. Our oline sucks no matter who coaches it.

The rest of the coaches your crying about did fine IMO. Football is football, if you know what your doing you know what your doing, it doesn't matter what level it is. The Iowa staff is probably the smartest thing philbin has done here. They've done a great job developing players, more players have developed under this staff than we have develoed in years.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast