Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bench Worries ... What would you do ?

I am extremely selective in posting threads however I feel the Dubs are only a few steps away from being a contender. There are couple of executional issues :

1. Turnovers
    2. Free Throw shooting
    3. Bench Scoring

Of the 3 the bench really worries me a lot and specifically the following individuals .. we have Mo Speights, Tony Doughlas and Bazemore.

When Ezeli and O'Neal come back Mo will likely play the role of back up to Lee so we can have scoring from outside, of late he has made a considerable effort to get the rebounds. Therefore I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Bazemore and Tony Doughlas at this point are a liablity ... it will be interesting to get your thoughts and what can be possible solution scenarios.

vCash
    In my honest opinion, our free throw shooting is more of a liability at this point. One miss can make or break a game.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Douglas is in a major mental slump and, I think, because of that Bazemore is being asked to handle the ball which is where things usually go wrong for him.

Backup ball handling and scoring are the biggest problem for the bench and either the Warriors need to trade for a backup PG to lead the bench unit or Douglas has to step up big, there aren't really any other options.

I guess we could have Steph play PG for the backups and have him on the bench for 15 minutes when the other starters are on the floor, but that will mean the starters will be considerably less effective too.

FT shooting is mystifying ... Bogut and Iguodala have never been great at it (and often bad) but Steph, Klay, and Lee are all shooting worse than ever ... did they stop practicing it? Are they rushing? Is it just a team wide slump?

vCash
    You need a back up p

vCash
    A solid backup PG… Would make a huge difference… Meyers and everyone else knows this. I hope he can work some magic and add Lowry or Miller or other…

Another thought… Never play more than 3 bench players at a time…

Another option (which I'm not fond of)… Bring Klay off the bench…

vCash
    McGuire will be suiting up again soon, probably by the time this road trip is over, I can say with complete confidence he will be brought up asap.

Not sure how much that will help the bench though considering what we really need is scoring. What's the word on Beaubois and Rip? I'm not keen to see anyone traded aside from maybe Douglas or Baze.

No idea what's going on with Douglas, he's in a real slump. Speights on the other hand seems to be getting back into the swing of things.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Where did you go Barnes?
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Barnes is playing like a 2nd year player ... the only problem he gave us a glimpse of superstar potential last playoffs ... I still do believe he has better potential than Thompson even though Klay has improved his game. One or 2 games and he should get his confidence back, generally younger players play better at home. Need to be patient with the kid and hopefully see him turn this around quickly.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Above all else keep Nedo "the future" vic. Once we acquire Lowry, We will have a solid backup back court with Lowry/Douglas/Nedovic and more inside presence with Ezeli and Oneals return, assuming they aren't milking injuries.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    I think an issue that everyone is forgetting is that Coach Jackson is being a complete and utter dumbass for how he is working his substitutions. No coach EVER plays 5 bench players at one time!!! EVER!!! Not even phil jackson, not greg pop (unless he is just not playing starters at all)... Curry, Klay, Iggy or Lee should always be on the court at some point in time... be it Curry, Barnes, Iggy, Green, Speights... or Douglas, Klay, Green, Barnes, Speights.. or Douglas, Barnes, Iggy, Speights, bogut... But Jackson going with this whole Douglas, Bazemore, Barnes, Green, Speights is the worst thing you can ever have... 1. there is no spacing for shooting because Douglas is your "shooter" and he isn't that great of a shooter. 2. you have nobody to protect the rim at all. 3. they aren't running the break and are settling for 1/2 court offense....

What the warriors need to do is... 1. Trade Barnes (yes it will hurt the fans, but can give us at least 2 assets in return)... 2. Use trade exceptions to acquire either Lowry or A. Miller.... with the Barnes trade, they should get a shooter and a slasher... I'm a gambling man, and would trade barnes to Sac for Marcus Thornton and Travis Outlaw... which would give us a PG in Miller (or Lowry) a SG in Thornton and a consistant PF in Outlaw. Sac would gladly make this trade, and it will help with the warriors cap situation in the future because they won't have to pay barnes a large sum...

Curry/Miller (Lowry)/Douglas
    Klay/Thornton/Bazemore
    Iggy/Green
    Lee/Outlaw/Speights
    Bogut/O'Neal (when healthy)

It wont work financially but practically it will work for sac and the warriors. The warriors will gain some outside presence in Thornton and will make their bench a lot stronger... But fire mark jackson!!!

fail

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    fire mark jackson!!!
    Uh oh. chromehounds!! You've got a new #TeamFireJackson member!
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    NBA.com says the Warrior interest in Miller is all internet BS and they have expressed 0 interest.

A lot of coaches play 5 backups at once. Jackson has tried mixing them and going all bench, and none of it has worked. They are trying to improve players confidence and I don't know how you do that when they are not succeeding, but one way you can try it to put it all on the backups with no starter as an excuse and they simply have to put up a game ... I hope Jackson is just trying to force them to have a good 10 minutes by giving them multiple opportunities. The backups are also playing with starters and doing okay (Green, Speights, and before he was hurt O'Neal).

The problem with the Warriors starts and ends with Curry on the floor vs Curry off the floor, not the rest of the guys. The lineup of Iguodala, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, and Bogut is struggling too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    NBA.com says the Warrior interest in Miller is all internet BS and they have expressed 0 interest.

A lot of coaches play 5 backups at once. Jackson has tried mixing them and going all bench, and none of it has worked. They are trying to improve players confidence and I don't know how you do that when they are not succeeding, but one way you can try it to put it all on the backups with no starter as an excuse and they simply have to put up a game ... I hope Jackson is just trying to force them to have a good 10 minutes by giving them multiple opportunities. The backups are also playing with starters and doing okay (Green, Speights, and before he was hurt O'Neal).

The problem with the Warriors starts and ends with Curry on the floor vs Curry off the floor, not the rest of the guys. The lineup of Iguodala, Thompson, Barnes, Lee, and Bogut is struggling too.
    The thing is coaches do it when they aren't making playoff pushes... They do it when they are set in their position and don't really care if they win or lose, that's when you build confidence. plus confidence should've been built in training camp. Curry off the floor is bad because there is no true point guard. Miami was at it's worse when LBJ had to be the primary ball handler, now if you look at their team, cole and chalmers have stepped up to give james more off the ball range... Curry has to be primary handler or else we die as a team. Bazemore is doing great offensively, it's just he isn't a ball handler so he turns it over. Green is a great defender who is being left open over and over again and making those shots when it counts, Speights shoots too much, but I like the effort he is putting. He isn't going out on the floor for 15 minutes with only 2 shots (like barnes)... he is asserting himself and being aggessive... Our biggest issue on the bench is not having a solid PG!!! Add that in, and the bench will do well. Idk why we haven't gone to the D-League yet and brought up Cameron Jones, who was REALLY good in vegas this summer (better than bazemore) and is dominating in the D-league at 20ppg... bring him up to play off our bench he will probably average 10ppg. better than bazemore, and douglas combined....

fail

vCash
    There have been coaches who have bench brigades on very good teams too ... it just depends on how groups play together.

When players get hurt then they come back and struggle for whatever reason it doesn't matter how confident they were in the pre-season and TC. Douglas has been up and down on the court but he has also been injured a lot.

Iguodala can handle, pass, defend and score reasonably for his position ... but he doesn't run a team like Curry ... we don't have anyone who does.

vCash
    Andre Miller

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast