Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tony Sparano And Other Raider Assistant Coaches Looking To Leave

Apparently because Davis won't give them the standard two-year deal.
    Looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree, after all.

Michael Silver @MikeSilver
    Raider coaches looking for better options: I'm told Tony Sparano may be bolting for the Bucs & Lovie Smith's staff & more security

Mark Davis only offering 1-year extensions, against urgings of his GM and head coach. Raider coaches like Sparano looking to bolt...

To clarify re Raiders: No other NFL team puts assistants in that position if committed to the head coach. So no, this is not normal...

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    I don't blame Davis for keeping them on a short leash. They haven't done a good job. We've seen that with the terrible vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball with the smallest of leads. Soprano is the only one I would even keep.

Hopefully this means Davis is not commited to Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    I don't blame Davis for keeping them on a short leash. They haven't done a good job. We've seen that with the terrible vanilla play calling on both sides of the ball with the smallest of leads. Soprano is the only one I would even keep.

Hopefully this means Davis is not commited to Allen.
    Here is the thing. It looks bad to the rest of the league if Davis won't show commitment to his head coach or assistants. Either you trust your head coach to bring in the assistants he wants to work with or you don't. If you trust your head coach then give his assistants the damn contracts. What assistant worth anything would want to come to Oakland knowing they don't get the security of a normal multiyear contract. If you don't trust the coach (Dennis Allen) then move on already and bring in someone you do trust. Mark Davis is starting to piss me off.
    Last edited by krsonekth; 01-06-2014 at 03:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    If you don't trust the coach (Dennis Allen) then move on already and bring in someone you do trust.
    We might get that answer in the next day or 2.

McGOAT

vCash
    Oh, I think the axe is a-commin' for DA with this news
    What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggahs, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$s.

Don't tell nobody about this. This sheit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-A$s-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here.

vCash
    Sounds like we'll be having new coaches next season

vCash
    Its obvious that Mark Davis is tying the success of the assistants to DA

vCash
    Sorry..hit reply too soon.. the contracts of DA and his staff are going to run concurrently so if he bombs again they all go together. .

vCash
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over anyone leaving. I seen absolutely no improvement in anything over two years. A lot of credit goes to RM for purging the roster....... Ummmm my daughter could do that. I am not saying they need fired, just saying the last two years will go down as two of the worst teams in history. Only Mr. Davis would know if this is the direction he wants to go. What we think or say means nothing. Its not like we sit in on meetings or anything. What they say to the media is all textbook crap that you say to the media. There is not one person on here that can say that any of these guys deserve to go or stay. Unless you can prove you are a part of the program, you're just guessing.

vCash
    well, they'd have to get a promotion to leave right?

good luck getting an OC position Sparano. Other than him and Bobby April, no one is worth stressing over.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Opinions on the quality of the assistant coaches aren't entirely relevant to this particular discussion in my opinion. The issue lies within a a lack of full commitment to a direction. I find it better to dismiss Allen than to have him perceived as a lame duck. His influence and credibility within the team is inhibited with the lack of control and very short leash.

Davis should choose a direction and fully commit. For me, whichever he chooses is secondary to the commitment and conviction in that direction. If he feels insecure with the current direction, make a change. If he feels it prudent to continue with Allen, do so without handicapping the guy.

vCash
    Sporano should've gotten a 2 year deal when he first came on board. But Tarver I wouldn't re-sign. He abused his players. He had Lamarr Houston and Kevin Burnett playing on the wrong side. This is because he is really a 3-4 coach and he has everything *** backwards in this 4-3 defense. Plus the players were not rotated enough so that they could get their rest. But this is more due to a lack of depth.

vCash
    This suggests DA is gone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz:27747096
    This suggests DA is gone...
    That's certainly possible, but if so, why then offer even one year extensions to assistants? Is it indecision or a charade? (genuine questions)

vCash
    I would hope they`d all be gone by Noon EST, a late Christmas gift would be appreciated. The West isn`t gonna be won with handicapped leaders Denver, KC and San Diego making the playoffs was a blessing.

If Davis wants to relax and enjoy success then hire smart people, it`s been this way for 500 years. Reggie hired a ****** and before that Davis hired a ******, it`s fixable.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast