Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Donald Brown

vCash

Donald Brown

Is Donald Brown a must-sign in the offseason? He has been killing it all year for us despite the organization basically giving up on him.

vCash
    We all had given up on him. I held out hope up til last year for him to become the player we thought hed be. He flopped and that was it. Until this year when he started making big plays and looks faster than he ever has. Crazy how thats worked out. We have a decision to make, we got Richardson and Ballard coming back from injury. So where do we put them all if hes resigned?

Lucks on our side

vCash
    I am wary of giving players who finally are healthy and productive in their walk year....so that said, if he comes back and it doesn't cost a lot having him, TRich and Ballard would be a nice "problem" to have?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I don't know if Donald Brown is a must sign or not, but I don't like the idea of depending on Richardson, Ballard returning from an ACL and some unproven commodity.

I've been a Donald Brown apologist since his rookie year. I love the fact that he can break a big play from the backfield. I don't think he's an every down back and he's limited between the tackles (IMO), although we saw former OCs run him that way the previous 4 years. I think he's more confident, make faster decisions, than any previous point in his career. He is exciting in space, more so than anyone else on the roster except for Hilton and maybe Brazill.

All that being said, he's not durable and not great in pass protection. He's not an every down back but he brings skills that no one else on the roster has. Someone will pay him, I just hope the Colts don't overpay. But if they don't resign him, what he brings can't be replaced by Richardson orBallard.

vCash
    I remember saying a lot of the things about DB31 last year (and really for a few) as I said about Richardson this year. He wasn't being used correctly to his strengths, he wasn't getting good blocking, he was running hard and it just wasn't coming. The one thing I did always defend him on is that DB never fumbled...Richardson has never really had an issue in the past though so lets hope TRich didn't catch a full blown case of the fumblies.

I just look at Bradshaw coming off a better season at the same age Brown is this year and the Giants just let him walk and he sat until we called him with a low ball safe offer...they aren't a better team for it, but I have to say that DB31 even getting a multi-year deal worth over 1.5-2 million per from anyone (without that $ being mostly incentive laden) would be a surprise to me. He certainly showed up this year, but I've seen RBs coming off a better year allowed to walk with few to no suitors lined up.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-07-2014 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    I would bring him back but the team does have more pressing needs. Such as Interior OLINE, Defense, and even a WR. Signing a 3rd back isn't as big of a pressing need as other stuff. Though, he would be a nice asset to have.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    I like Ballard and Richardson Personally, Especially if we can build our line. However, I don't what it is but Brownie sure has improved and I can't help but be happy for the guy. I believe a team is going to reach out and overpay for Brown which will make the decision a lot easier this off-season.
    "Only Losers Blame Refs" - Seth Davis

Colts

Pacers

Hoosiers