Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What Should The Jets Do With Cro?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Him

8 72.73%
  • Keep Him

0 0%
  • Restructure

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

CB Antonio Cromartie Expects Jets To Release Him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...m-in-offseason

Jets expected to release CB Antonio Cromartie
    "Cromartie is entering the final year of his contract and is scheduled to count $15 million against the 2014 salary cap. Both he and ESPN New York expect Gang Green to sever ties before a $5 million roster bonus is due in March. Cromartie will turn 30 in April, may need hip surgery, and is coming off a horrific season. He hopes to re-sign with New York after testing the waters."

Would be the right move. No way do you pay Cromartie "Revis-Like" money with all factors included (his age, health, and performance last year).

Really like how Cromartie has handled his time in NY though. He's really grown up from his SD days. If we do release him, I wouldn't mind giving him a cheap deal, like 1 year 2.5-3.5 million, if he gets his hip and other issues fixed.
    Last edited by Jets012; 01-05-2014 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Agree..time to cut ties.

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    I voted restructure, but he says he is going to test the market. He looked awful this year and that is because of injuries.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    you can't restructure because this is his last year on his contract. you have to cut him and sign him back a la Calvin Pace
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    It only makes sense. Cutting him along with Holmes and Sanchez will give us 50 million worth of cap space.

I'd rather go after Sam Shields

vCash
    no disrespect to cro, but he is a timid tackler. he should be cut just cause his replacement will be cheaper and play better. if cro is brought back. that means the safety position becomes that more important. the defense will play less man more double team and over the top safety help. rex should opt to get a young guy on the market.

vCash
    Well if you cannot restructure, cut. He's a shell of his former self and was greatly exposed this year.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Would like him back for cheap, I thought he said he wanted to stay and retire as a Jet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Would like him back for cheap, I thought he said he wanted to stay and retire as a Jet?
    He also wants the most money possible. A lot of mouths to feed. Either way, this is the Jets who are going to cut him. He just sees it coming. Then he will see what he is worth around the league and give the Jets a chance to match (probably) or top it.

vCash
    He was our worst CB this year. But he's got a good head on his shoulder, has talent and wants to be a Jet. We would have to cut him and resign him, and I would like that to be done.

vCash
    He'll be a patriot the moment we cut him.

vCash
    Then Talib better be a jet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    He'll be a patriot the moment we cut him.
    In spite of your SOJ language, I hope this happens.

vCash
    Cut and resign. That's the way...

Only fault in that is if another team offers him something significantly more than Jets. Otherwise I'm sure he wants to play within this system.

vCash
    I think you all are burying the lead here. He's talking about retiring. What I get from that is he's seriously considering hanging the cleats up. Keep in mind the recent article of his potential degenerative hip needing surgery and doctors advising him not to play. He might be finished. I think Idzik is looking at the FA CB class very closely and should like what he sees - plenty of guys capable of playing physical man-press coverage which was something Rex could only coerce Cro to do very seldomly.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast