Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Marshawn Lynch Fined $50K For Not Speaking to Media

vCash
    Only reason it isn't more is Seattle media didn't complain during the season.

A player has to be available to the media. But since we're in the playoffs and he still refuses to talk, they had to do something.

Normally it's 25K a week. He's lucky the NFL didn't ding him for every week. $400,000.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Stupid fine either way.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Only reason it isn't more is Seattle media didn't complain during the season.

A player has to be available to the media. But since we're in the playoffs and he still refuses to talk, they had to do something.

Normally it's 25K a week. He's lucky the NFL didn't ding him for every week. $400,000.
    He was on the radio this last week. Does that mean tv only?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    He was on the radio this last week. Does that mean tv only?
    Post game interviews.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I pretty much have a very low opinion of the media. They put words in players/interviewees mouths, they take what they say out of context and their main goal isn't to report an honest news story but it is to start controversy.

Good for him!
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    I don't even understand why they do them. They're so damn generic and bland in every single one.

Do you guys watch the post game interviews?

vCash
    I think that's so pathetic. I know why they would want players talking to the media, but for ****'s sake... If someone doesn't want to be in the spotlight, let them stay out. Pretty stupid fine.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller1 View Post
    I think that's so pathetic. I know why they would want players talking to the media, but for ****'s sake... If someone doesn't want to be in the spotlight, let them stay out. Pretty stupid fine.
    I would agree if you were talking about an average player.

But you are talking about one of the best offensive players on the best team in the NFL.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Agreed.

vCash
    I agree with you but understand it's apart of NFL branding. Not many people would talk at all if it wasn't mandatory.

I know the bay area media hates Jim Harbaugh and Kaerpernick. They might as well not give interviews. Both are smug and don't reveal anything, including personality.

vCash
    Honestly I'm surprised it isn't a bigger fine.... it kind of sets a precedent for players. If you don't want to talk to the media, it will only cost you fifty grand.

vCash
    I mean I understand why the NFL would want someone like Lynch to address the media, but at the same time it's his life. I'm not so sure I would want to speak to the media if I were a famous athlete. some people just like their privacy, and I think it's sad that they'd fine a player for that.

Again, I understand why... I just don't agree with it even slightly.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Stupid fine, but rules are rules.

vCash
    He didn't talk on RealRobReport, why would he talk to the media? I like that about him. He's private, let him be. If he was the quarterback of the team, I would understand why this would be such a big case. But he's not. Really stupid fine.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast