Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Putz for suzuki

vCash

Putz for suzuki

OK Dback fans, here's another one that has me scratching my head. JJ Putz for Suzuki of the Yankees. I think Putz is done, but what are they going to do with another outfielder?
    They need starting pitching, not position players....unless they have another trade brewing.

vCash
    He would be a PR move. More fans would go to see Suzuki play instead of Putz. Plus possibly having another Japanese player on the roster could help with getting Masahiro Tanaka to choose the D-Backs.

Just my opinion.

vCash
    Seems kinda pointless. Both teams trading a player they don't really want/need anymore for another player that doesn't help them in a meaningful way. It's not even a salary dump for either team, they would both just be making a move for the sake of making a move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MuteWitness View Post
    Seems kinda pointless. Both teams trading a player they don't really want/need anymore for another player that doesn't help them in a meaningful way. It's not even a salary dump for either team, they would both just be making a move for the sake of making a move.
    Well the Yankees could use help in the pen with Rivera retiring. And like I said, the D-Backs would sell a lot more tickets with Ichiro on the roster instead of Putz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Well the Yankees could use help in the pen with Rivera retiring. And like I said, the D-Backs would sell a lot more tickets with Ichiro on the roster instead of Putz
    It might just be a personal preference, but I've never seen the need to spend much on bullpen help unless it's a closer. You can usually get good middle relief value out of what is in your farm system for far less money. For the Yanks, they'd be better off shipping Ichiro out for some resin bags like they did with AJ and using that money elsewhere. For the D-Backs, the PR move wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.