Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jays Leading Candidate for Jimenez/Santana

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...e-trout-010414

The Blue Jays, quiet for much of the offseason, still figure to acquire one and possibly two starting pitchers once the logjam caused by Tanaka starts to resolve.

The Jays are a leading candidate to sign either Santana or Jimenez; they have two protected first-round picks, Nos. 9 and 11, and would sacrifice only a second-rounder and the accompanying pool money for one of those free-agent right-handers.
    I know this was posted elsewhere but it's some good news and deserves its own thread. I'd prefer Jimenez, but it's nice to hear the Jays have a shot at adding some pitching.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I agree, also prefer Jimenez but happy to hear they're at least actively looking to upgrade where they need it most. 2 SP wouldn't even hurt and I'd shed no tears if we signed them both.

Still wish they'd do something at 2B rather than being content going into the season with Izturis/Goins. I guess the market right now just isn't there.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Sign Jiminez and trade for Franklin or some other 2B and let's see what happens.

vCash
    If we somehow signed both then we have plenty of pieces to move to upgrade 2B or use a MB plus top specs to grab a ace like Lee or Hamels. If we signed those two we would be extremely deep with young SP pitchers, our team in Buffalo will have a damn good pitching staff.

vCash
    That doesn't seem like anything new to me. Sure sounds like he's throwing them out there as 'A leading candidate' based on their needs and the fact that they wouldn't need to surrender a first runner, not on any new insider information. I'm sure they're in on those guys, but I'm also pretty sure they're not gonna overpay anyone in free agency.

vCash
    Jimenez scares the crap out of me. I know Santana isn't great but he's durable and consistent. And in our situation can we really afford to take risks?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Santana is the opposite of consistent.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    always thought with so much latin flair that spanish ppl like jimenez and santana would love 2 play with their country men. jr, ee, jb, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Santana is the opposite of consistent.
    durable and an ace type at times, the rogers center would destroy him, because he gives up alot of hrs..

vCash
    but if we signed both wow would we have depth

dickey
    morrow
    jimenez
    santana
    mb

then great depth that lets the kids develop
    a sanchez, stroman, hutch, osuna, norris, nolin, drabek, etc

then the vets redmond, happ, rr, rogers.

those 2 signing would set us up great long term, especially with the 2 high picks this yr in a great draft used probably on 2 pitchers.

vCash
    If they sign Jimenez and trade for Shark, that would be awesome. Probably unlikely. But we can hope right. Also does this mean, Jays aren't seriously interested in Tanaka?

vCash
    Another slow news day I see at Fox.

vCash
    I dont know about most people but I'm actually confident in Stroman being one of our starters. Seeing the influx of impact young pitchers leads me to believe Stroman can also make an immediate impact. Unless the Jays are planning to get Jimenez and say Bailey, then that's a different story.

But if they can sign a Jimenez and then keep Stroman I'd be happy also. Stroman is going to be a solid starter, guy just needs a chance. He's got a bulldog mentality. I'm sure he'll succeed in the Majors. I'm all for him being the 5th guy. Aaron Sanchez is about a year away and you got Hutch and Nolin in the wings. Youth is the name of the game in baseball now...

And I dont mind Shark but NOT if it means trading Stroman.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 01-05-2014 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    Either would be a good option to pick up. I just don't like the amount of years they'll be getting.

vCash
    It seems to me that this story is snowballing after the obvious was stated by Rosenthal.

But of the two, I prefer Ubaldo. And would prefer it even more of our rotation was;

FA/Trade target
    Dickey
    Buehrle
    Morrow
    Stroman/Hutch

And then everyone else for depth.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast