Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Maurice cheeks coaching, so far?

As first year coach of a transformation Detroit Pistons team what do you think of the job Maurice Cheeks has done, so far? How do you feel about his usage of our big free agent signee, Josh Smith? What's your take on his rotation patterns, offensive play calling, defensive schemes, and overall influence on the team (good or bad)?

vCash
    Not much for me to say other than he's better than Michael Curry but not as good as Larry Brown. His tenure here has been mehhhh at best. I'm happy he's not hesitant to bench guys like Josh Smith but am not thrilled with him constantly playing Chauncey and Will Bynum.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Probably the final nail in the Dumars regime, could have picked a better coach and I purely blame our 4th quarter melt downs solely on Cheeks.

vCash
    With the kind of talent we have, we should be a bit over .500 right now. So far into the season I put it all on coaching... poor rotations, slow development of players (i.e. KCP's shooting, Dre's FTs, etc.), I feel are ALL a testament to bad coaching.

Detroit Lions (7-3)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (3-10)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    We are winning games on talent alone, Cheeks has been very disappointing.

vCash
    Play calling should be a lot better, too much posting up/isolation. We need more movement. I suppose I can grant him some leeway because we have 3 bigs on the court at once the majority of the time. Dumars NEEDS to add another wing player..

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

vCash
    LOL! Here we go again. How many coaches have we had in the last 10 years? 5-6.I wish I could find my replies to you guys that wanted every coach out that wasn't performing to your expectations . I told you guys this was going to take time. This wasn't going to reverse course overnight. How many of you wanted Cheeks ? I have sat back all season so far and watched you guys blame Cheeks and Dumars. I also said Phil Jackson and his hefty salary wouldn't turn this team around. Easy to sit in front of your computer and coach and put blame on somebody. You guys need to be patient. Of course there will be bumps in the road. We have some nice talent but we are still a couple of years away from competing consistently. Give it some time.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    LOL! Here we go again. How many coaches have we had in the last 10 years? 5-6.I wish I could find my replies to you guys that wanted every coach out that wasn't performing to your expectations . I told you guys this was going to take time. This wasn't going to reverse course overnight. How many of you wanted Cheeks ? I have sat back all season so far and watched you guys blame Cheeks and Dumars. I also said Phil Jackson and his hefty salary wouldn't turn this team around. Easy to sit in front of your computer and coach and put blame on somebody. You guys need to be patient. Of course there will be bumps in the road. We have some nice talent but we are still a couple of years away from competing consistently. Give it some time.
    Do you just cut and paste the same reply and spam it over and over in every single Detroit subforum? Replace a name here and there, and post it where it's appropriate? Seriously man, broken record doesn't even begin to describe you

vCash
    I blame Dumars, Hes the one who constantly gives these coaches misfit rosters.

vCash
    Not good, I think we signed Cheeks with Knight in mind. This team needs a D'Antoni type of coach, we should start focusing on the fast breaks because obviously defense first isint working out well for us. We have some chuckers on this team so our offense should be considered a "free for all" to shoot, if you have the shot then you need to shoot(unless your Smith more than 3ft from the basket).

vCash
    Maybe Joe should come down out of the suite and coach the guys he brought in... didn't McHale do that as he went out of Minn?

vCash
    Thanks Guy sir- I didn't think of that. I'll remember to do that next year when you guys ***** again about the new coach that replaces Cheeks. LMFAO! You just validated my point didn't you? Complain complain complain.I feel like I'll listening to an FM station that plays the same crap over and over. Some of you think the new coach is going to step in and just instantly turn this franchise around. And MOST of you think you are a better coach which I find very funny. You probably couldn't coach a middle school team.
    Before you blast a coach. sign up for a youth program coaching job. Get some expirence first then maybe you can make constructive comments about how anybody coaches. You want them to tank so they can get a top pick yet you'll blast the coach because they lose. Unbelievable
    Some things never change do they? Every coach we've had over the last ten years its the same garbage. Sorry fellow Pistons fans but it does get a little annoying.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Thanks Guy sir- I didn't think of that. I'll remember to do that next year when you guys ***** again about the new coach that replaces Cheeks. LMFAO! You just validated my point didn't you? Complain complain complain.I feel like I'll listening to an FM station that plays the same crap over and over. Some of you think the new coach is going to step in and just instantly turn this franchise around. And MOST of you think you are a better coach which I find very funny. You probably couldn't coach a middle school team.
    Before you blast a coach. sign up for a youth program coaching job. Get some expirence first then maybe you can make constructive comments about how anybody coaches. You want them to tank so they can get a top pick yet you'll blast the coach because they lose. Unbelievable
    Some things never change do they? Every coach we've had over the last ten years its the same garbage. Sorry fellow Pistons fans but it does get a little annoying.
    And then you complain about complaining lol, we're all creatures of habit I suppose

vCash
    Lol !

vCash
    A good coach wouldn't keep running the pick and pop with Jennings and Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast