Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Did the Buccs do well?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, finally looks like they got a winning coaching staff together

10 90.91%
  • No, there could have been better options

0 0%
  • IDK yet, but I'm excited to find out!!!

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New coaches

vCash

New coaches

HC: Lovie Smith
    OC: Jeff Tedford
    DC: Leslie Frazier
    GM: Jason Licht
    Thoughts on the coaches, possible schemes, and how it can effect current roster?

Updated--

QB coach: Marcus Arroyo
    RB coach: Tim Spencer
    WR coach: Andrew Hayes-Stoker
    TE coach: Jon Embree
    OL coach: George Warhop
    Assistant OL coach: Matt Wiegand
    Offensive Quality Control: Ben Steele
    DL coach: Joe Cullen
    LB coach: Hardy Nickerson
    CB coach: Gill Byrd
    SC coach: Mikal Smith (Lovie's son)
    SpT coach: Kevin O'Dea
    Defensive Assistant: Larry Marmie (coached Lovie in college)
    Last edited by UnderGodsArmor7; 01-21-2014 at 07:17 PM.

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    I like what I'm reading on these coaches. I'm not positive on the deals or future deals with the OC and DC but I really like Lovie Smith.

I mentally prepared myself for another season with Greg Schiano, and was just looking forwod to a new OC and the Draft, but now I'm really excited for this whole offseason. The only thing that could ruin/worry me about it is if we start gutting the roster but I don't see that happening with our starters. Maybe some back ups but I'm sure we will be focusing on depth and competition. Exciting time

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Well in case anyone forgot that when Frazier was the Vikings DC they were a dominant force. Actually under him their rushing defense was 1st, 1st, 2nd, and 9th. So he really knows how to stop the run. I am a little nervous about our secondary since neither has really ever had a dominant pass defense, but they never had guys on their roster like we had. They had to draft guys and turned them into studs.

As for Tedford no one really has any idea, but I like his track record of first round QBs. Not only that he has produced some very good RBs and WRs in his offense. Here is a little more on him.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/1/4/5...rback-position

vCash
    Honestly I'm psyched about Tedford, I think that guy is a great offense of Mind Coach, in the previous years teams have been attempting to bring him in as an NFL head coach but he declined, his stats for the first 5 years as he was head coach in offensive coordinator at Cal consistently had double digit wins and he's won titles prior to him brining in a offensive coordinator, I think the guy is a huge upgrade over sullivan and with lovie being a defensive minded coach you can't go wrong with leslie frazier just my opinion!

There's no doubt all three coaches are upgrades to what we've had in the past 5 years no doubt!

vCash
    Just when we thought we couldnt hate the Glazers anymore. They reach out to Cowher, Gruden and Dungy?!

http://thepewterplank.com/2014/01/05...-front-office/

vCash
    I heard they are still reaching out to Dungy for a front office job.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    QB coach (Marcus Arroyo reported)
    RB coach (Tim Spencer reported)
    WR coach (Lane Kiffin linked)
    OL coach (Tony Sparano linked)
    LB coach (Mike Singletary linked)
    ST coach (Kevin O'Dea reported)

Both Spencer and O'Dea were with Lovie in CHI

As for the DB coach goes, look for Joe Woods or Jon Hoke to be considered for the position. I believe Hoke's contract expires this season so he'd have to be the favorite in my opinion. Haven't read or seen anything on the DL coach position.. Yet. The press conference is tomorrow so maybe they'll name a few "officially"
    Last edited by bucc4life; 01-06-2014 at 03:56 AM.

vCash
    I'll edit the other names

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Idk them very well but as long as the top 3 (HC, DC, and OC) are good, them we should be great

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGodsArmor7 View Post
    Idk them very well but as long as the top 3 (HC, DC, and OC) are good, them we should be great
    O'Dea's a former Buc and Spencer did wonders for Matt Forte, anxious to see what he does with Dougie

vCash
    I won't lie, the hiring of Jeff Tedford worries me a bit. He's done some good things in college but is completely new to the NFL. I can't help but be concerned that he won't be able to gameplan effectively against NFL defenses. We desperately need someone that can give Glennon (or a rookie QB) a chance to succeed. It's a huge question mark whether or not Tedford can do that.

The good news is that he's taking over the 32nd ranked offense. It can't get any worse than it did in 2013.

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I won't lie, the hiring of Jeff Tedford worries me a bit. He's done some good things in college but is completely new to the NFL. I can't help but be concerned that he won't be able to gameplan effectively against NFL defenses. We desperately need someone that can give Glennon (or a rookie QB) a chance to succeed. It's a huge question mark whether or not Tedford can do that.

The good news is that he's taking over the 32nd ranked offense. It can't get any worse than it did in 2013.
    I don't think ur the only one worried, seeing as the Bucs gave our new OC a 2yr deal haha but I've seen some past interviews/breakdowns of coach Tedford and he seems very capable of running an NFL offense. I'm optimistic.
    Last edited by bucc4life; 01-06-2014 at 04:00 AM.

vCash

That's my thought as well. I'm somewhat worried but he also seames like he gets the best out of his QBs so that's incouraging

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    I heard they are still reaching out to Dungy for a front office job.
    It be great if he came back in some way

I read that we tried Gruden again... I'd be happy if Gruden became our OC but it's never going to happen lol

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash

Yeah, but it could stay where it is. Experienced coaches or not, it's going to be really hard to win a lot of games when your offense is ranked dead last.

The whole combination of a young QB in Glennon, a rookie NFL OC, and a defensive-minded HC could be disastrous. But, there's a lot of offseason yet and we are fortunate to have the foundations of our staff already in place when plenty of other clubs are still looking. One thing I trust is that Lovie has a plan and will be decisive in executing it; he wouldn't have lasted in Chicago as long as he did otherwise.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast