Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Darren Sproles and the....

...short stubby running back.

These guys are just too quick for average size defenders to deal with. Quick, jabby little steps and cuts and then...zoom.

The first of this breed was tiny 5-4 170 pound NCAA/AAU sprint champ Buddy Young out Illinois. He was a blurr and would get lost behind the line only to pop out and...zoom. He was the first of the great Afro American running backs having played in the 40's.

Then here came guy like...

Lionel "Little Train" James
    Howard Stevens
    Charley Tolar an anvil like fullback
    Eric Bienamy
    Steve Broussard
    Ricky Ervins

Pro football has always (since Buddy Young anyway) had those kinds of players and there doesn't appear to be and end in sight since we see a lot of them in the NCAA.

Today it's Ray Rice and MJD both not having the kind of seasons they've had, but at their best they were dynamic.

Sproles is the best all around back of the short stubby backs, he can do it all.

vCash

Is there a point of this thread? What's the discussion?
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked in.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    You're a Viking fan I take it, what was you opinion of stubby Darin Nelson who was an NCAA caliber sprinter while at Stanford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked in.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

I think he was before my day. I'm only 21 lol. Never heard of him.

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    I think he was before my day. I'm only 21 lol. Never heard of him.
    Well then this thread turned you on to a lot of backs you knew nothing about. This is a bad thing?

vCash
    I think it has something to do with short people having a place in society, and how the moment you think you've caught one, they go skirting across the floor or tarmac, or wherever the hell you may be. Either that, or someone likes to pontificate to the PSD masses.

vCash

I just think you love short people.

CCRider

vCash
    lol - doesn't appear to be one

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    I think it has something to do with short people having a place in society, and how the moment you think you've caught one, they go skirting across the floor or tarmac, or wherever the hell you may be. Either that, or someone likes to pontificate to the PSD masses.
    Then there's always talking about those quick short backs we've all been watching for a long time now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    lol - doesn't appear to be one
    You're a Giants fan, remember Joe Morris?

You always so uptight about everything?

vCash
    I just think you love short people.
    I could just as easily talk about the monster backs like Cookie Gilchrist, Billy Joe, Ironhead Heyward, Pete Johnson, Jim Nance etc, so...nope!

vCash
    Can we just en mass agree to stop responding or asking for the point? There is none. Al Davis's corpse just wants to talk about sprinters.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Can we just en mass agree to stop responding or asking for the point? There is none. Al Davis's corpse just wants to talk about sprinters.
    Lmfao!!!!!

CCRider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast