Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    72,733
    vCash
    1500

    Post game chat (WildCard Weekend)!

    Alright Folks, it's time for another post game talk. What did you like about this game? What pissed you off?

    Andrew Luck - I'm still in awe. His INTs were pretty bad, but the can't blame him for the Hilton one, yet he literally carried the team on his back.

    T.Y. Hilton - He's become a top 15 WR.

    Donald Brown - Ran well, did good things when Colts gave him the ball in space. Bad fumble, didn't hurt though.

    Coby Fleener - one bad drop, but he was a weapon today. Anyone remember his 3rd down catch on the final drive?

    OLine - They weren't great, but they did give Andrew numerous clean pockets, that throw to T.Y. happened because of the blocking.

    Trent Richardson - Oh, Trent.

    Da'Rick Rogers - Didn't get a lot of opportunities, but remember that 46 yard catch?

    DEFENSE: BAD BAD BAD. Gave up 31 in 1st half, but only gave up 6 on the final 6 drives. Still, the defense was just terrible. Too many blown coverages. I did think Mathis played great, and Gordy ended up making a great play at end of game. He did step up when Toler went down.

    Coaching: Uh... why didn't the Colts put a spy on Alex Smith? Colts played this game like they never seen the read option.

    Overall - Colts won because Andrew Luck is an elite QB.

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    My biggest thought is that I really hope Hamilton somehow learns before next week how to incorporate more than one player in the O gameplan. It somehow miraculously worked out this week because the Chiefs couldn't cover Hilton. But why oh why does he fail to incorporate more than one WR, a back, and the TE inhis game plans? It's like he says, this,is the guy this week, and the whole offense revolves around only one guy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    All Up In There!
    Posts
    3,886
    vCash
    1500
    It seems as if the Defense had planned on containing Charles so much that when he went down early they were caught off guard by "The Pistol" KC was running? Luckily they adjusted late in the first half and in the entire second half.

    They need to keep playing with the no huddle and use Richardson only when they have to...let Edge and Wayne bring him and maybe DaRick down to Miami this offseason and work with them?

    I don't expect much after this win and I am very proud of this team now and going into the future as it is very bright
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    775
    vCash
    1500
    As already stated on another topic, Luck is simply a bad bad man.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,842
    vCash
    1500
    I only have one complaint about this game and it's about Greg Toler. I really do hope this guy is not back with the team next year.....

    TheVicster - Please don't bash Pep Hamilton and his game plan involving TY Hilton. They (KC Defense) weren't covering him seriously enough the whole game...why should we worry about trying to get others involved when our best threat on offense is consistently getting open? Lol dude it worked...200+ yards receiving, Idk why you aren't happy with this. That's probably not what the game plan was when we started. Luck consistently hit TY with those 10-15 yard out routes to the sidelines. It was almost too easy.

    #iubb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    415
    vCash
    1500
    helluva game but our defence was sad, somethings gotta give in our secondary,if ppl aernt healthy enough to play , they shouldnt be in the game(toler and at times vontae looked bad) constant blown coverages and kc isnt even a deep vertical passing team, if we face a team that actually throws it downfield and well, were gonna get destroyed(ie denver)

    i loved the up tempo offensive gameplan we had with luck, finally just handed him the keys and said go at er, i would of liked to see t rich get more chances after the fumble and get darick more involved , was an incredible comeback but were not gonna have everything go just right like that again if we get ourselves in another big hole

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I only have one complaint about this game and it's about Greg Toler. I really do hope this guy is not back with the team next year.....

    TheVicster - Please don't bash Pep Hamilton and his game plan involving TY Hilton. They (KC Defense) weren't covering him seriously enough the whole game...why should we worry about trying to get others involved when our best threat on offense is consistently getting open? Lol dude it worked...200+ yards receiving, Idk why you aren't happy with this. That's probably not what the game plan was when we started. Luck consistently hit TY with those 10-15 yard out routes to the sidelines. It was almost too easy.
    Bro, my problem with his game plan is we won only Because the chiefs didn't game plan to stop Hilton. Remember those blowouts earlier in the season where teams DID take Hilton away?

    This bunch of receivers is far too inexperienced to put all of your eggs in one basket. Rogers, Fleener and brazil, etc should have been a much bigger part of the plan then they were.

    What happens next week when whoever specifically plans to take Hilton out of the picture ?

    Then what? These guys are going to magically step up after this week? I don't think so.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,842
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Bro, my problem with his game plan is we won only Because the chiefs didn't game plan to stop Hilton. Remember those blowouts earlier in the season where teams DID take Hilton away?

    This bunch of receivers is far too inexperienced to put all of your eggs in one basket. Rogers, Fleener and brazil, etc should have been a much bigger part of the plan then they were.

    What happens next week when whoever specifically plans to take Hilton out of the picture ?

    Then what? These guys are going to magically step up after this week? I don't think so.....
    I understand and agree where you are coming from...but you're making it seem like TY Hilton having 13 receptions and 200+ yards is our fault and not the Chiefs'.

    Before Brandon Flowers exited, he never really lined up on TY Hilton. You saw Dunta Robinson and that rookie out of Rutgers on TY primarily. That's the Chiefs fault. We have one true downfield/receiving threat, and that is TY Hilton. They never took him out of the game, and that is all on the Chiefs. It's called exploiting a weakness.

    #iubb

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I understand and agree where you are coming from...but you're making it seem like TY Hilton having 13 receptions and 200+ yards is our fault and not the Chiefs'.

    Before Brandon Flowers exited, he never really lined up on TY Hilton. You saw Dunta Robinson and that rookie out of Rutgers on TY primarily. That's the Chiefs fault. We have one true downfield/receiving threat, and that is TY Hilton. They never took him out of the game, and that is all on the Chiefs. It's called exploiting a weakness.
    I agree it was the Chiefs fault for poor coverage. I'm just concerned that we won because of their failure if they had schemed correctly this game probably winds up an L.

    Our throwing has to be much more balanced to eliminate the threat of Hilton being neutralized

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with the point about having to have a more balanced passing game to continue to succeed. I'm aware the point I'm about to make doesn't help us for the Patriots game, however:

    I think this is an area in which the Colt will greatly benefit next season with Wayne coming back. Hilton has obviously stepped up this year and though he will obviously get less touches next season, if he can come back with similar production then we have ourselves 2 extremely productive receivers and a much more balanced and effective pass game.

    I think generally with injured guys coming back and guys who've stepped up this year (and possibly if Trent can find any kind of form..) then the Colts go from having a young shaky offence to a pretty good one next season. Especially if we can draft some good OL guys. But then again, I'm british.. what do I know?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    All Up In There!
    Posts
    3,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by samjojo View Post
    I agree with the point about having to have a more balanced passing game to continue to succeed. I'm aware the point I'm about to make doesn't help us for the Patriots game, however:

    I think this is an area in which the Colt will greatly benefit next season with Wayne coming back. Hilton has obviously stepped up this year and though he will obviously get less touches next season, if he can come back with similar production then we have ourselves 2 extremely productive receivers and a much more balanced and effective pass game.

    I think generally with injured guys coming back and guys who've stepped up this year (and possibly if Trent can find any kind of form..) then the Colts go from having a young shaky offence to a pretty good one next season. Especially if we can draft some good OL guys. But then again, I'm british.. what do I know?
    I completely agree! This will be a devasting Offense when you figure that the following return and hopefully at pre-injury form (I have heard nothing saying otherwise?)?

    #1 WR Wayne
    #1 RB Ballard
    #1 TE Allen
    Staring LG Thomas

    Then figure in the guys who have stepped forward in their respective absences:

    TY Hilton
    Thorton

    And to a lesser extent Fleener, Griff and Rogers.

    I would say DB but I don't think he will be on the team next year but I do believe T'Rich will be just fine with some off season work with Edge.

    Then 30 mil in cap space and another 10 if some needed cuts are made coupled with the 2nd and 3rd round picks in an area that is usually filled with players at positions we need help with...i.e. FS, CB MLB, Guard, WR. Indy is in great position to be dominant for quite some time
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    I completely agree! This will be a devasting Offense when you figure that the following return and hopefully at pre-injury form (I have heard nothing saying otherwise?)?

    #1 WR Wayne
    #1 RB Ballard
    #1 TE Allen
    Staring LG Thomas

    Then figure in the guys who have stepped forward in their respective absences:

    TY Hilton
    Thorton

    And to a lesser extent Fleener, Griff and Rogers.

    I would say DB but I don't think he will be on the team next year but I do believe T'Rich will be just fine with some off season work with Edge.

    Then 30 mil in cap space and another 10 if some needed cuts are made coupled with the 2nd and 3rd round picks in an area that is usually filled with players at positions we need help with...i.e. FS, CB MLB, Guard, WR. Indy is in great position to be dominant for quite some time
    I haven't heard anything to suggest that those guys won't return with their pre-injury form.

    About DB: I find it hard to see how he'll still be with us next season if everything else goes to plan, but I've liked him this season. He's put out some good production and I think he deserves more credit that he's getting for the win yesterday, I think he played a big part.

    I feel bad for Trent Richardson, I really want him to do well. Considering he's had no real time to just get to grips with the play book as he game in mid-season, and so far the Colts have just been sending him in to take a beating each week, I actually really like him. A player like that doesn't just lose his ability so hopefully with some work in the offseason and his mentor we'll see his real game coming through next season.

    I'm really excited about the Colts going forward

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    863
    vCash
    1500
    Great comeback by the Colts. Luck, Brown and Hilton keyed the revival along with the strip sack by Mathis.

    It seemed like they went away from the no huddle in the 1st half after the opening drive - that didn't make sense. Once again we see how bad the D looks when the DBs aren't right. Although I did think that the officials allowed Mathis to be held.

    Richardson - I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts dump him during the offseason. I think Grigson made a mistake on this one. There's a reason the Browns were willing to let him go - beyond the fact the Colts overpaid. I wanted him to be good, but he has been deplorable.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,842
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    I agree it was the Chiefs fault for poor coverage. I'm just concerned that we won because of their failure if they had schemed correctly this game probably winds up an L.

    Our throwing has to be much more balanced to eliminate the threat of Hilton being neutralized
    Agreed...Belichek won't have the same game plan as KC did. They'll have things changed up.

    #iubb

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,842
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolms View Post
    Great comeback by the Colts. Luck, Brown and Hilton keyed the revival along with the strip sack by Mathis.

    It seemed like they went away from the no huddle in the 1st half after the opening drive - that didn't make sense. Once again we see how bad the D looks when the DBs aren't right. Although I did think that the officials allowed Mathis to be held.

    Richardson - I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts dump him during the offseason. I think Grigson made a mistake on this one. There's a reason the Browns were willing to let him go - beyond the fact the Colts overpaid. I wanted him to be good, but he has been deplorable.
    It's tempting, and I have thought about it too. I'm just not ready to write off Richardson yet. Despite Brown/Ballard/Bradshaw all being better than him this season.

    If he doesn't turn it around next season then I'm all for cutting him.

    #iubb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •