Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers-Cavs Gasol-Bynum Trade Talks Back On and Progressing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Am I the only one here who is wondering why exactly that it's taking so long for Cleveland to make this trade. Getting Gasol gives them a consistent inside scorer, which should catapult them into the playoffs in the weak Eastern Conference.

Gasol, while struggling right now, gives them a good inside threat, which relieves the pressure on Irving, can space the floor, and is a fantastic interior passer himself, which could help the development of the younger players

Irving-Jack
    Waiters-Jack
    Clark-Miles-Benenet
    Gasol-Thomspon
    Varajao-Thompson

That should easily obtain a spot in the East playoff spots.

If it's Bynum-Gasol straight up, they should make the deal. It's not like Gasol's contract is going to last, he expires this year too lol

Nobody is going to offer them anything that's close to what the Lakers are. Lets see if Gilbert would rather save some money over making the team somewhat competitive.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    Just FWIW, the details about the repeater tax in the article are wrong (or at least inconsistent with Larry Coon's FAQ), particularly the part about paying it if you're in the luxury tax in 4 of the last 5 years. Should be 3 of 4. In Coon's words:

The amount of tax a team pays depends on the season, the team salary as of the team's last regular season game, and whether the team is a "repeat offender":

For 2011-12 and 2012-13, teams pay $1 for every $1 their team salary exceeds the tax level. There is no repeater rate.
    For 2013-14 teams pay an incremental rate based on their team salary. There is no repeater rate.
    For 2014-15 teams pay an incremental rate based on their team salary. They pay the repeater rate if they also were taxpayers in all of the previous three seasons.
    For 2015-16 and all subsequent seasons, teams pay an incremental rate based on their team salary. They pay the repeater rate if they were taxpayers in at least three of the four previous seasons.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Am I the only one here who is wondering why exactly that it's taking so long for Cleveland to make this trade. Getting Gasol gives them a consistent inside scorer, which should catapult them into the playoffs in the weak Eastern Conference.

Gasol, while struggling right now, gives them a good inside threat, which relieves the pressure on Irving, can space the floor, and is a fantastic interior passer himself, which could help the development of the younger players

Irving-Jack
    Waiters-Jack
    Clark-Miles-Benenet
    Gasol-Thomspon
    Varajao-Thompson

That should easily obtain a spot in the East playoff spots.

If it's Bynum-Gasol straight up, they should make the deal. It's not like Gasol's contract is going to last, he expires this year too lol

Nobody is going to offer them anything that's close to what the Lakers are. Lets see if Gilbert would rather save some money over making the team somewhat competitive.
    The reason the deal hasn't been accepted by either side is because the lakers want a 1st round pick/or a young player from CLE. That's what is holding this deal up.

vCash
    Ugh, get it done already.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    That article was pretty useless. It says talks are "progressing" but failed to specify how. It basically just restated everything we already know

vCash
    I bet nothing gets done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    I bet nothing gets done
    Yeah, kind of like the Lakers in general right now.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Yeah I am still not sure about this trade... it was just reported in the morning not too long ago that the lakers were backing away from a deal but now they are suddenly heating up? Now this does sound legit actually if you think about it, because normally trades that happen just come out of no where without the actual pieces of the trade being revealed until the trade is official. For now we know that it is gasol for bynum but we don't know what other players and draft picks will be added to the deal.

I was playing around with this deal on the trade machine and the cavs can't do a straight up bynum for gasol swap, they need to add at least 2 smaller contracts or someone else to make the deal work. The best deal I could come up with was:

Pau Gasol and maybe another player (if the lakers accept to throw in another player) for Andrew Bynum, Earl Clark, and Sergey Karasev along with a draft pick depending on how badly the cavs want to get the deal done.

I did read somewhere that the lakers did want Sergey in a deal so I don't see that as an issue for the cavaliers to throw in his contract to the deal but in comes the draft pick and another player to throw in for a player that would just be a 6 month rental and will most likely not resign with the team in the summer.

The cavs have a logjam at the forward spot with CJ Miles, Earl Clark, Alonzo Gee, Anthony Bennett all capable of starting or playing good minutes for the team... so why not give back the contract of earl clark back to the lakers where he thrived? The cavaliers are currently running with Gee and Miles and Clark has been a fail so far so it shouldn't hurt to get rid of him and make the lineup even more smoother, by the way this will clear up room for bennett the #1 pick lol to get playing time and tristan thompson will most likely move to the bench after this deal.

If I am the lakers I take the deal and save the money I save as well as get a draft pick and a couple of players that can contribute now. Earl Clark would be a nice replacement for Gasol at the power forward and he would get to play with the team that got him to this point in his career.
    But is it really worth giving up your best player right now and a veteran big man that gave you two championships right now? The money will be saved either way in the summer when Gasol is a free agent, however is it really that bad to get out of the luxury tax for this year so as to trade your best player?

I am iffy on the lakers side of things but if they really want to and are convinced that they will build their team around kobe with other pieces then they will go with it.

The cavaliers side of this deal is a no brainer. They should accept this trade right now and give up a draft pick in the process if it means getting a big man like gasol! Now the question is how much does gasol have left? We saw it last night against the jazz, when he is convinced and wanting to play, he can still dominate the game. He was an all star two years ago and just hasn't fit in Mike Dntoni's offense. He had an amazing season that 1 year with Mike Brown under the helm and he would be going back to playing with Mike Brown again and this time he would be the main man down low without anyone to take the ball away from him... plus when Irving comes back they will just get even better and have a deadly pick and roll going on while Varejao takes care of the things that Gasol struggles with like Defense, Rebounding and fighting for lose balls.

And if the cavs turn out to do really good with Gasol then he might be interested in resigning with them to make a run in the weak eastern conference.

We'll see what happens but it will be interesting on the cavaliers side of things if they trade for Gasol and this would just mean that the lakers are tanking to get someone like andrew wiggins or jabari parker... being the lakers, call it conspiracy or not, they probably have a good chance of getting these players just because the NBA is no good without a good lakers team... plus they need another star to take over after Kobe lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsalame123 View Post
    Yeah I am still not sure about this trade... it was just reported in the morning not too long ago that the lakers were backing away from a deal but now they are suddenly heating up? Now this does sound legit actually if you think about it, because normally trades that happen just come out of no where without the actual pieces of the trade being revealed until the trade is official. For now we know that it is gasol for bynum but we don't know what other players and draft picks will be added to the deal.

I was playing around with this deal on the trade machine and the cavs can't do a straight up bynum for gasol swap, they need to add at least 2 smaller contracts or someone else to make the deal work. The best deal I could come up with was:

Pau Gasol and maybe another player (if the lakers accept to throw in another player) for Andrew Bynum, Earl Clark, and Sergey Karasev along with a draft pick depending on how badly the cavs want to get the deal done.

I did read somewhere that the lakers did want Sergey in a deal so I don't see that as an issue for the cavaliers to throw in his contract to the deal but in comes the draft pick and another player to throw in for a player that would just be a 6 month rental and will most likely not resign with the team in the summer.

The cavs have a logjam at the forward spot with CJ Miles, Earl Clark, Alonzo Gee, Anthony Bennett all capable of starting or playing good minutes for the team... so why not give back the contract of earl clark back to the lakers where he thrived? The cavaliers are currently running with Gee and Miles and Clark has been a fail so far so it shouldn't hurt to get rid of him and make the lineup even more smoother, by the way this will clear up room for bennett the #1 pick lol to get playing time and tristan thompson will most likely move to the bench after this deal.

If I am the lakers I take the deal and save the money I save as well as get a draft pick and a couple of players that can contribute now. Earl Clark would be a nice replacement for Gasol at the power forward and he would get to play with the team that got him to this point in his career.
    But is it really worth giving up your best player right now and a veteran big man that gave you two championships right now? The money will be saved either way in the summer when Gasol is a free agent, however is it really that bad to get out of the luxury tax for this year so as to trade your best player?

I am iffy on the lakers side of things but if they really want to and are convinced that they will build their team around kobe with other pieces then they will go with it.

The cavaliers side of this deal is a no brainer. They should accept this trade right now and give up a draft pick in the process if it means getting a big man like gasol! Now the question is how much does gasol have left? We saw it last night against the jazz, when he is convinced and wanting to play, he can still dominate the game. He was an all star two years ago and just hasn't fit in Mike Dntoni's offense. He had an amazing season that 1 year with Mike Brown under the helm and he would be going back to playing with Mike Brown again and this time he would be the main man down low without anyone to take the ball away from him... plus when Irving comes back they will just get even better and have a deadly pick and roll going on while Varejao takes care of the things that Gasol struggles with like Defense, Rebounding and fighting for lose balls.

And if the cavs turn out to do really good with Gasol then he might be interested in resigning with them to make a run in the weak eastern conference.

We'll see what happens but it will be interesting on the cavaliers side of things if they trade for Gasol and this would just mean that the lakers are tanking to get someone like andrew wiggins or jabari parker... being the lakers, call it conspiracy or not, they probably have a good chance of getting these players just because the NBA is no good without a good lakers team... plus they need another star to take over after Kobe lol
    My ADHD will not allow me to read this. If Someone reads this please let me know if it had good points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    That article was pretty useless. It says talks are "progressing" but failed to specify how. It basically just restated everything we already know
    Except before this we knew talks had stalled and there was no sign if they'd start again - now we know the talks are back on.

vCash
    Lakers are not taking back Earl Clark, if they wanted him they would've re-signed him. My guess is they're shooting for either Waiters or Thompson and a pick.

All depends on how bad the Cavs want to unload Bynum and if they want value in return. If they can't do it by tomorrow they may very well end up just waiving him to save the $6 milli....

vCash
    Knowing the Buss family and their history in trades, they will get the most they can from their assets... just look at the gasol trade that they made a few years ago.. it ended up working well for the grizzlies as they got pau's younger brother Marc Gasol but at that time and still to this day, it was a steal for the lakers.

The cavs have been wanting to trade Dion Waiters however I don't think the lakers want that locker room headache on this complicated roster so I think they are aiming for Tristan Thompson or for possibly a point guard like Jarrett Jack, however with Marshal's latest game played, they might have their point guard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Lakers are not taking back Earl Clark, if they wanted him they would've re-signed him. My guess is they're shooting for either Waiters or Thompson and a pick.

All depends on how bad the Cavs want to unload Bynum and if they want value in return. If they can't do it by tomorrow they may very well end up just waiving him to save the $6 milli....
    You are 100% right so that means that CJ Miles or Alonzo Gee only make sense however the Lakers know they can get more value from other teams by trading Gasol... realistically speaking the Lakers can get Paul Pierce for Gasol who is much better then what the cavs would be offering, however this is a salary dump but I still think that someone like Tristan Thompson is obtainable from the cavaliers in this trade.

vCash
    **** Earl Clark

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast