Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Murphy and keep Davis

look I know he was our best hitter last year but he is a terrible player with the glove. The guy plays short right field cause he has no range. I like to see the Mets trade him and some lower level prospect to the Cubs for their SS prospect. I believe he's ranked 3rd among all SS prospects. Call me crazy but I think Davis will finally come into his own this year, he been hurt,had that weird sickness, the weird injury when he and Wright collided and hasn't been the same since but we know he can provide power and has a gold glove over there
    what do you think?

vCash
    Who Baez? You won't get Baez for Murphy.

This team is taking steps out of rebuilding where they should be adding players, not subtracting them. There isn't much reason to strip away good major league pieces for prospects unless completely overwhelmed which isn't going to happen with a guy like Murphy.

Get Drew and they have a legitimate shot at making significant strides this year imo. As for Davis, they won't presumably deal him unless they get a legit lower level pitching prospect for him. Odds are that won't happen unless they expand any deal that includes Ike. I think what's going to end up happening is they keep Ike, give him a shot to win the job in ST, and if he doesn't, they pay him the 600k and cut him loose.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-04-2014 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who Baez? You won't get Baez for Murphy.

This team is taking steps out of rebuilding where they should be adding players, not subtracting them. There isn't much reason to strip away good major league pieces for prospects unless completely overwhelmed which isn't going to happen with a guy like Murphy.

Get Drew and they have a legitimate shot at making significant strides this year imo. As for Davis, they won't presumably deal him unless they get a legit lower level pitching prospect for him. Odds are that won't happen unless they expand any deal that includes Ike. I think what's going to end up happening is they keep Ike, give him a shot to win the job in ST, and if he doesn't, they pay him the 600k and cut him loose.
    maybe your right were Murphy wont be enough but add a pitching prospect like Montero ( sorry can never remember how to spell his name) and you have a young SS, Catcher, and starting pitching vets like wright and Granderson I truly believe Drew will not provide what we need here, with one more solid young player we truly have a strong future that will be together many many years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by playD View Post
    maybe your right were Murphy wont be enough but add a pitching prospect like Montero ( sorry can never remember how to spell his name) and you have a young SS, Catcher, and starting pitching vets like wright and Granderson I truly believe Drew will not provide what we need here, with one more solid young player we truly have a strong future that will be together many many years
    I don't know what Murphy's value is in trade to be honest. He's a very solid offensive 2nd but poor defensively and they won't get a top 100 prospect for him imo. I think the Mets would be more apt to dealing him if they knew Flores could handle a full season at 2nd base defensively, which right now is indeterminable.

If they add Drew, it will come down to how much better their offense is and how their pitching, both in the starting rotation and the bullpen, progress. They have some good young arms like Familia, Goeddel, DeGrom, Huchingson, Leathersich, Mazzoni, Walters, Black, Montero, Syndergaard, etc, some of which could potentially help this team in 2014, 2015, and thereafter.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-04-2014 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    murphy is not the problem. Davis hitting .168 3 HR 19 RBI at the allstar break is the problem. At this point, Todd Zielle looks like A 1B HOF compared to Davis

vCash
    I've said this once and I'll say it again. Daniel Murphy is like a broken shower head on a house without a roof. Lets fix the damn roof then worry about showering comfortably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_Has_Faith View Post
    I've said this once and I'll say it again. Daniel Murphy is like a broken shower head on a house without a roof. Lets fix the damn roof then worry about showering comfortably.
    Uhhhh...what?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I wouldn't mind if they keep them all and send Duda and Flores to AAA one more time. I think they'll have to make a move eventually, though. Problem with Davis is I don't think they can send him down again. He's out of options and I'd guess he won't clear waivers. So if he's not getting the job out of spring training, you would have to trade or release him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they keep them all and send Duda and Flores to AAA one more time. I think they'll have to make a move eventually, though. Problem with Davis is I don't think they can send him down again. He's out of options and I'd guess he won't clear waivers. So if he's not getting the job out of spring training, you would have to trade or release him.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Ike win the job out of ST. I know that's hard to believe after the last two firsts halves he has had but I think he'll rip it up this spring, kind of the forcing the Mets hand to let him play. Just my prediction, although unlikely.

I just don't see the Mets getting much value from trading Ike now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-04-2014 at 11:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Uhhhh...what?
    The mets have bigger problems than daniel murphy. The roof represents a leadoff man...a legit 4th hitter...Bullpen help...unproven 1st basemen...shortstop. And ppl constantly worry about murphy's obp and below average defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko_Has_Faith:27736938
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Uhhhh...what?
    The mets have bigger problems than daniel murphy. The roof represents a leadoff man...a legit 4th hitter...Bullpen help...unproven 1st basemen...shortstop. And ppl constantly worry about murphy's obp and below average defense
    Magoo's messing with you, son. I agreed with everything you said. Fix the big problems first. Murph aint the problem.

Hell. He isnt even all that bad a second baseman. People talk about him like hes Luis Castillo. Since 2006 this team has had exactly 2 productive second basemen. Murphy's one of them.

Find me a first baseman. Find me a shortstop.

Dont bore me with second base. We're fine there.

Really
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    murphy is not the problem. Davis hitting .168 3 HR 19 RBI at the allstar break is the problem. At this point, Todd Zielle looks like A 1B HOF compared to Davis
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Magoo's messing with you, son. I agreed with everything you said. Fix the big problems first. Murph aint the problem.

Hell. He isnt even all that bad a second baseman. People talk about him like hes Luis Castillo. Since 2006 this team has had exactly 2 productive second basemen. Murphy's one of them.

Find me a first baseman. Find me a shortstop.

Dont bore me with second base. We're fine there.

Really

Yes yes yes, the voices of reason. There has been so much talk on here this winter about getting rid of Murphy. Yes we need a SS and yes we need a leadoff hitter let's not add needing a 2B to the list. I know we have guys everyone thinks can step in(tovar, tejada & flores) but we have no idea what we have with them and we know what we have with Murphy.
    SS is where we need to fix and I think SA will get us one, it might be a trade or it might be Drew but we will get one. This team is on it's way up and I think Murphy needs to be part of it right now, jmo!

vCash
    While I agree that there are bigger problems than 2B, I completely disagree that Murphy "has to be" part of the future.

Anyone who thinks trading Murphy opens up a new hole on this team is ignoring the fact that this house has other usable showers.

Murphy's value to the Mets is what he can bring back in a trade to patch the roof. You can't fill all holes through FA.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Are you sure you've said that before? I think I'd remember that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Are you sure you've said that before? I think I'd remember that one.
    Well apparently he hasn't said it to you.

-Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast