Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rangers acquire Carcillo from Kings

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=698994

Rangers acquire Carcillo from Kings

The New York Rangers acquired forward Daniel Carcillo from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Draft.

Carcillo skated in 26 games for the Kings and led the team with 57 penalty minutes to go with 54 hits and two points (one goal, one assist). He's played one game since Dec. 15, none since Dec. 23.

Chosen in the third round (No. 73) by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2003 NHL Draft, Carcillo made his NHL debut with the Phoenix Coyotes on March 3, 2007.

The following season, he established career highs in points (24) and penalty minutes (324). He won a Stanley Cup last season as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks.

~~~~~

Just a move for toughness, good energy line player that you guys should enjoy.

vCash
    We needed a replacement for Dorsett, sooo! There you go!

vCash
    Hope he can skate

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    He can do it all but he cant control himself sometimes. If they can harness him he can be very effective, if not our pk better be good

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN51MoRsamw

Tape of his years in philly, like I said, fun player to watch on the 4th line. Will get the crowd going and will always stick up for his teammates. Pretty much a good XD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He can do it all but he cant control himself sometimes. If they can harness him he can be very effective, if not our pk better be good
    That too... But I like the move for the Rangers, adds some much needed toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    After 9 pro years, it is safe to say no team can "harness" Carcillo.

My response to this is: whatever. More Sather acting like he is doing something to obfuscate the fact he moves his team sideways or backwards, most often.

So, we give up a 7th and the cap space we just saved by waiving Pyatt, for Carcillo, while Haley is available in Hartford. Sure, Carcillo has an NHL rep but, like I said, whatever.

vCash
    Like the move. Especially after Dorsett going down for a weeks. Rangers needed toughness even with him in the lineup let alone him being out of it.

vCash
    A conditional 7th round pick is about as low as you can trade.

His cap space is nominal.

I do not worry about those things. I just hope he can help. I'd like a heavy weight that could play. We also need more snarl on defense.

vCash
    after watchin the video i fell in love with this guy , he has no quite in em. Who cares if he can skate or not as long as he keeps the opposing team in the e.r.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC DRUMMER View Post
    after watchin the video i fell in love with this guy , he has no quite in em. Who cares if he can skate or not as long as he keeps the opposing team in the e.r.
    That's not quite what they are going for and he is a repeat offender so any more illegal hits and he would be due for a potentially lengthy suspension. Carcillo gives them some grit, energy, and a guy who can drop the gloves, but he does have a history of taking bad penalties and being injury prone.

He's a minimal cap hit and a minimal investment in terms of trade but he's got to stay on the ice (in the minutes he's allotted) to help us defensively.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-04-2014 at 08:03 PM.

vCash
    Didn't realize his nickname is CarBomb.

vCash
    Had to make a move like this. He's an absolute head case though.

vCash
    Carcillo is Avery in drag.

Sather just doesn't get it, bringing in clowns to wear Rangers blue.

70 years old; 14 years as Rangers GM. This is the guy who once said "if I had the Rangers checkbook I'd win a Stanley Cup every year."

What a bafoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Carcillo is Avery in drag.

Sather just doesn't get it, bringing in clowns to wear Rangers blue.

70 years old; 14 years as Rangers GM. This is the guy who once said "if I had the Rangers checkbook I'd win a Stanley Cup every year."

What a bafoon.
    Hilarious that you bring that quote up. I said to myself earlier tonight that I was gonna look up an article to link to where it has his infamous "rangers check book" quote.

He's such a hard headed, arrogant, son of a *****

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast