Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mike Munchak fired

According to Chris Mortenson. Jim Wyatt said Munchak was offered chance to come back with conditions aka firing most of the coaching staff.

vCash
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s
    #Titans have, in fact, fired coach Mike Munchak, team sources confirm. First reported by @mortreport. Wouldn’t make staff changes
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s
    #Titans have, in fact, fired coach Mike Munchak, team sources confirm. First reported by @mortreport. Wouldn’t make staff changes
    I'm curious to see which of the coaches he was asked to fire as well as who we bring in to replace him.

vCash
    Good....good.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    That's all well and good. But who's going to replace him? I don't exactly see a ton of great candidates out there right now. And before anyone brings it up, Cowher and Gruden are certainly not coming out of retirement to coach this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That's all well and good. But who's going to replace him? I don't exactly see a ton of great candidates out there right now. And before anyone brings it up, Cowher and Gruden are certainly not coming out of retirement to coach this franchise.
    I'm hoping for Greg roman personally.

vCash
    In my opinion the man responsible for putting the players around Munchak (Ruston Webster) should be fired also.

I just don't see how they could fire one and not the other if (Tommy Smith) truly wants this franchise rebuilt I just don't think scrapping the HC alone is going to do it. Ruston spent over 100 million for a one win improvement on the season and that just isn't all Munchaks fault but he's turned into the scapegoat alone and that's messed up.

vCash
    "According to Rapoport, Munchak could have kept his job if he were willing to make changes to his staff. Gregg Williams becoming defensive coordinator was one change and firing offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was another one that Titans brass insisted upon, Rapoport reported."

That quote is from nfl.com. I also read somewhere that Gus Bradley is one possibility to replace him. He's Seattle's defensive coordinator and has ties to Ruston Webster. I think it was in a different article on nfl.com, but I'm not 100% sure where I read it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    "According to Rapoport, Munchak could have kept his job if he were willing to make changes to his staff. Gregg Williams becoming defensive coordinator was one change and firing offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was another one that Titans brass insisted upon, Rapoport reported."

That quote is from nfl.com. I also read somewhere that Gus Bradley is one possibility to replace him. He's Seattle's defensive coordinator and has ties to Ruston Webster. I think it was in a different article on nfl.com, but I'm not 100% sure where I read it.
    Gus Bradley?

So he would leave the Jacksonville job? I struggle to believe that. Personally I want an offensive minded guy like roman or whisenhunt while keeping Williams as dc.

vCash
    Now Im truly interested who will we get as our next HC

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Now Im truly interested who will we get as our next HC
    The early names I'm hearing are Dan Quinn and Rich Bisaccia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    Gus Bradley?

So he would leave the Jacksonville job? I struggle to believe that. Personally I want an offensive minded guy like roman or whisenhunt while keeping Williams as dc.
    I haven't been paying much attention...too busy working. But I know I did read that. I'm guessing whoever wrote it "misspoke" and meant Darrell Bevell, Seattle's OC. Either way, if the goof is on me, I apologize.

Edit: Maybe it was Quinn. That would be my bad, but my mind is in a funk after all this OT I'm working.
    Last edited by myestro4life; 01-06-2014 at 06:19 PM.

vCash
    Now it's being reported where Munchak had a problem was firing Dowell Loggains, He also would have to fire Chet Pavalavecchio and Bruce Matthews; 2 good friends, but he probably would have done so. They clashed on Loggains.

Anyway, I'm happy he's gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Now it's being reported where Munchak had a problem was firing Dowell Loggains, He also would have to fire Chet Pavalavecchio and Bruce Matthews; 2 good friends, but he probably would have done so. They clashed on Loggains.

Anyway, I'm happy he's gone.
    The vibe I'm getting now is that the entire Munchak staff will be fired once the new coach is hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    I'm curious to see which of the coaches he was asked to fire as well as who we bring in to replace him.
    They said today that he was flat out told to get rid of 6 coaches and consider getting rid of several others. What I've heard over the weekend and today....

Jerry Gray out as DC
    Gregg Williams in as DC

Dowell Loggains out as OC

Bruce Matthews out
    Chet Pavalavecchio out

Was sum of what they wanted done

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What I'm thinking as well. The timing doesn't seem right if we end up stuck with a mediocre replacement for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASTITAN View Post
    In my opinion the man responsible for putting the players around Munchak (Ruston Webster) should be fired also.

I just don't see how they could fire one and not the other if (Tommy Smith) truly wants this franchise rebuilt I just don't think scrapping the HC alone is going to do it. Ruston spent over 100 million for a one win improvement on the season and that just isn't all Munchaks fault but he's turned into the scapegoat alone and that's messed up.
    I dont think that its right that he gets a free pass either.

But then again it falls in line with some of the thoughts that they were blaming the OC and DC for not properly using players in roles they were intended for on the team. IE passing the ball too much and running power plays with a speed back on offense and running different schemes on defense.

I don't know if you guys heard it but Bernard Pollard done an interview last week on 104.5 and said that he had talked to the new ownership about what changes needed to be made and he didn't give specifics but it was obvious he was talking about Gregg Williams being DC instead of Jerry Gray and some positional coaching changes as well.