Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kendall Marshall

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for him yet. After last nights performance, you have to be excited for him.

The Lakers might as well sign him to that 2 year deal. He would get about a half million this season and close to a million next season. With Farmar hopefully being our starter, I think Marshall can be a valuable and cheap back up. He seems like the type of player that will be around for a long time. Certainly not a star...not even an all-star, but that savvy, smart player with a high Bball IQ.

Reality Check:
    I do think this is partly the Dantoni effect. It happened in NY with Jeremy Lin, and I think we can see something similar with Marshall here. I don't expect this level of play to continue, especially after teams scout him. But the upside is that he is that pass first PG that this system desperately needs. And the fact that he can hit the long range 3 is a plus.

This season is mostly lost, but we should celebrate the positives. It's all about the young underdog/forgotten prospects this year. X, Young, W. Johnson, Sacre...and now add Marshall to that list. All these guys can be that cheap, affordable role players the Lakers need moving forward to construct a Championship team.

So all that being said, I'm excited and happy for Marshall, and the Lakers. Let's highlight the good this season when we can.

source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...#axzz2pSYZCAPf
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread for him yet. After last nights performance, you have to be excited for him.

The Lakers might as well sign him to that 2 year deal. He would get about a half million this season and close to a million next season. With Farmar hopefully being our starter, I think Marshall can be a valuable and cheap back up. He seems like the type of player that will be around for a long time. Certainly not a star...not even an all-star, but that savvy, smart player with a high Bball IQ.

Reality Check:
    I do think this is partly the Dantoni effect. It happened in NY with Jeremy Lin, and I think we can see something similar with Marshall here. I don't expect this level of play to continue, especially after teams scout him. But the upside is that he is that pass first PG that this system desperately needs. And the fact that he can hit the long range 3 is a plus.

This season is mostly lost, but we should celebrate the positives. It's all about the young underdog/forgotten prospects this year. X, Young, W. Johnson, Sacre...and now add Marshall to that list. All these guys can be that cheap, affordable role players the Lakers need moving forward to construct a Championship team.

So all that being said, I'm excited and happy for Marshall, and the Lakers. Let's highlight the good this season when we can.

source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...#axzz2pSYZCAPf
    Who's Kendall Marshall?

(Had you bothered to read some of the other threads you would have found Marshall being discussed in multiple locations. Many people agree with your sentiments, including me.)

vCash

Kendall Marshall

Trade him! He is ruining our tanking plan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Who's Kendall Marshall?

(Had you bothered to read some of the other threads you would have found Marshall being discussed in multiple locations. Many people agree with your sentiments, including me.)
    I have. I looked at the game thread from last night. I simply thought he deserved a thread. Is that a crime against humanity or something? Just putting it out there.
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    I have. I looked at the game thread from last night. I simply thought he deserved a thread. Is that a crime against humanity or something? Just putting it out there.
    Yes, clearly it's a crime against humanity. Maybe even TWO crimes against humanity.

If starting a thread is more ceremonially important than joining an already in-progress conversation I guess there's nothing wrong with it. Except for the part where it's two crimes against humanity.

The more threads the merrier, I say. Can't ever have enough threads. In fact, I may start a Why Aren't There More Threads thread now that I think about it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Yes, clearly it's a crime against humanity. Maybe even TWO crimes against humanity.

If starting a thread is more ceremonially important than joining an already in-progress conversation I guess there's nothing wrong with it. Except for the part where it's two crimes against humanity.

The more threads the merrier, I say. Can't ever have enough threads. In fact, I may start a Why Aren't There More Threads thread now that I think about it....
    Such an uplifting fellow

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    yes

vCash
    Such an uplifting fellow
    Normally, yes. But in this instance I decided to try out being a cantankerous troll because so many other posters seem to enjoy it. I don't really get the appeal. It seems rude if you ask me.

So count me a big Kendall Marshall fan, and I'm still waiting for someone to produce his jersey so I can buy it.

vCash
    GOAT

/thread

vCash
    He's excellent off the pick and roll with superior passing skills. I hope he can hone and develop these skills and become special. Farmar is athletic, but lacks Marshall's passing skills. If only we can fuse the two together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    He's excellent off the pick and roll with superior passing skills. I hope he can hone and develop these skills and become special. Farmar is athletic, but lacks Marshall's passing skills. If only we can fuse the two together.
    I agree. Marshall is a better passer than Farmar. There was a play last night that I thought was a turnover. But it was a left handed swin gpass over to the corner for a wide open 3 from Shawne Williams. He's got better court vision than Farmar for sure.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    Poor man's Jason Kidd....
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    At least for one night....All was well. Good game for him, Let's see if he can keep it going. Possibly another building block for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Poor man's Jason Kidd....
    I can take that. He played well for his first game and deserves to start the next at least. His defense is a concern. He is a bright spot right now and ran the pick and roll well and found the open man easily. You can't ask anything less then that. His consistency is what will be what the laker fans are looking at

vCash
    This is for sure a result of dantoni ball, just like lin, but even when lin left the system he retained some of the strides he made talent wise and is now an effective rotation player. If Marshall continues to show up we need to lock him up for cheap. The dude has tools, he just needs confidence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast