Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game #34: Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers- The Kendall Marshall Show

SUNDAY, JANUARY 5, 2014
    @
    Time: 6:30PM, PST

vCash
    Lawson is gonna put Marshall in his place... The Tank resumes after that aberration against the tank-mastering Jazz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Lawson is gonna put Marshall in his place... The Tank resumes after that aberration against the tank-mastering Jazz
    Marshall will force him to work on the defensive end. It will be interesting to see how this guy responds to the pressure. The other problem they have another headache coming off the bench when Marshall takes a brake and Meeks have to play the point! Happy for Marshall.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm just messing around about knocking Marshall. Good for him though.

Do I think it will last? No chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Yeah, I'm just messing around about knocking Marshall. Good for him though.

Do I think it will last? No chance.
    Can he play? Clearly yes, but he will come back down to earth once teams start scouting him (Jeremy Lin comes to mind). I think can still put up solid numbers though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Can he play? Clearly yes, but he will come back down to earth once teams start scouting him (Jeremy Lin comes to mind). I think can still put up solid numbers though.
    Absolutely. Teams will eventually figure him out. Still a great showing, but no way it lasts beyond a few games.

But yeah, he can put up like 10 and 6 or so in MDA's offense

vCash
    Time to test marshall.. But hope he'll have a good game but not as good as messing our tank wagon..

vCash
    Let's lose 6 in a row again!

#2014tanknation

vCash
    He isnt going to score 20 every night, but his passes looked pretty sharp last night. Most of our problem so far has been our inability to handle the ball. 20+ turnovers per game will kill any team.

vCash
    Marshall's best attribute where if he fails in every other category is his passing. If he can handle like that more consistently than I don't care how many points he scores a game.

vCash
    Ramon Sessions first start as a laker 20/11/6

dont get too excited

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Ramon Sessions first start as a laker 20/11/6

dont get too excited
    Sessions played the way Farmar plays: using quick slashing moves to free himself up momentarily, at which point they both try to figure out what to do next -- often while in the air. (Kobe does the same thing.)

Marshall doesn't play like Farmar or Sessions at all. He plays more like Nash/Blake in that he keeps his dribble going and works for what he wants, under control. Note D'Antoni's comments about Marshall:

Three simple compliments from the coach said way more than D'Antoni's over-the-top Lin comparison. No. 1, "He has great vision, he sees everything;" No. 2 was, "He just played the way youíre supposed to play at point guard;" and No. 3 was, "The biggest thing Iím looking for is can he give our team a rhythm, and he did that. He should be able to do that every night."
    Farmar and Sessions didn't "see everything". They tried to break down the defense and exploit whatever happened next, but that's just a different name for iso-ball -- which is why it's also pretty much the way Kobe runs the point. A true point guard (Magic, Stockton, Kidd, etc.) has great court vision.

Also, here's Shawne Williams saying pretty much the same thing:

"I ain't going to lie man, he made my week," said Williams. "He was just hitting us with good, clean passes -- swift, crisp -- and the ball was just moving."
    I expect Marshall to find our perimeter shooters -- including Kelly, which the other a-hole ballhandlers have been ignoring -- when they're open. That's the PG's job, and like D'Antoni I don't see any reason Marshall can't keep doing that whether he scores or not.

Now, as to when Marshall will snap a knee or break a hip, that's another question....

vCash
    Marshall will get injured in less than two weeks with dantoni playing him 35+ min.

vCash
    A couple of good games and suddenly Pau is back on top with the press:

After not playing three times in a five-game span because of an upper respiratory infection, Pau Gasol has returned to the lineup the last two games, averaging 24 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 3.5 blocks.

He was as good as he's been all season against the Utah Jazz on Friday, racking up 23 points (on 10-for-17 shooting), 17 rebounds, eight assists and three blocks in the Los Angeles Lakers' 110-99 win to snap a six-game losing streak.
    I do think this is a smart move on D'Antoni's part, however:

The coach believes that Robert Sacre's addition to the starting lineup has helped Gasol become more comfortable on defense using his length to harass opposing power forwards rather than having to use his bulk to battle centers. D'Antoni also said that Kendall Marshall gave the team a rhythm on offense that it was lacking that has trickled down to Gasol.
    It's also a great selling point to Cleveland, because they have a solid PG and plenty of stiffs they can put in the post behind Pau. I hope he goes nuts against Denver and the deal goes through. It's good for everyone.

vCash
    Go Lakers!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast