Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Melo-for-Griffin proposal mulled (Broussard)

Melo-for-Griffin proposal mulled

With the looming possibility of Carmelo Anthony departing New York as a free agent this summer, New York Knicks officials have discussed proposing a trade for the Los Angeles Clippers' Blake Griffin, according to league sources.

Sources say Clippers management has also had internal discussions about such a deal but that the clubs have not yet spoken to one another about a potential trade.

As of now, neither team is certain of whether it would make an Anthony-for-Griffin trade, the sources said.

The Clippers appear to be the more apprehensive of the two teams because Griffin is having a terrific year, especially of late. The 24-year-old power forward has averaged 26 points and nearly 11 rebounds over his last 10 games.

One source close to the situation said the Clippers' latest internal discussion ended in favor of keeping Griffin. New York's top priority appears to be resigning Anthony to a long-term deal this offseason. But with the Knicks struggling badly and Anthony refusing to give assurances that he will return, the Knicks understand they must at least consider other options.

The Clippers are on the Knicks' radar because it is an open secret throughout the league that Anthony and the Clippers star point guard, Chris Paul, have wanted to play together since 2010. That sentiment among the two players has not changed, according to sources.

If the Knicks decide to explore a trade for Anthony, he will have plenty of say as to where he goes because of his impending free agency. No club will offer anything of value for him without knowing he will re-sign with it this summer.

With Paul having recently signed a five-year, $107 million deal with the Clippers, Anthony, who has a home in Los Angeles, would almost certainly re-sign with the Clippers.
    Source

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Don't know how to feel about this.

I want Melo if he's going to stay. If he's not, this is the best option.

vCash
    I like this trade only because 24>30 plus more cap room for 15'. Don't see the Clips doing it

vCash
    I like Griffin. I would do it.

vCash
    Perfect for knicks but clippers wont trade a young star that sells tix and merchandise like blake does for melo. Well cp3 is hurt now so maybe clips become desperate and do it

vCash
    But Blake needs a good pg to be effective where as Melo is instant offense wherever he goes. Blake is younger and I think his jumper will improve like LaMarcus A. jumper did. For the most part, he is a younger Amare ! Maybe bring Blake will also force the Knicks to go after Rondo trading Amare, Felton and 2018 1st round pick.
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash
    I don't care if we traded for Peter Griffin. ..this team is toast...

vCash
    RECONSTRUCTION !!!

That's the word for Knicks from 14/15.

In this context Melo for Griffin is great.

vCash
    Not sure how I feel about this

If Melo is leaving get the best deal available I guess, we could do a lot worse

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    Perfect for knicks but clippers wont trade a young star that sells tix and merchandise like blake does for melo. Well cp3 is hurt now so maybe clips become desperate and do it
    I very respectfully ask your opinion on why you think he's perfect? The money is great for us, I agree. My concern is Griffin is not a good shooter, not great a creating his own shot and most importantly, we don't have a good PG to get him his shots.
    I would love to see him as a knick if we had a great PG and SG. Then I think he would be a sick fit.
    Again, I am curious why you like the trade. You may be seeing what I am not.

It's all downhill from here.
    Might as well enjoy the ride.

vCash
    No thanks. Find a team that give you picks. But they won't do it because the Knicks will contuine to play the way they have the last two nights
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    The Knicks would be lucky if the Clippers agreed to make that trade. Anthony is just looking to get his. Always has and always will. Griffin is a teammate and will look out for his team. Its all about getting points with Anthony. And clutch he isn't . 1-15 when taking the last shot to win the game. Knicks fans should offer to pack Anthonys bags to get him out of NY.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    But Blake needs a good pg to be effective where as Melo is instant offense wherever he goes. Blake is younger and I think his jumper will improve like LaMarcus A. jumper did. For the most part, he is a younger Amare ! Maybe bring Blake will also force the Knicks to go after Rondo trading Amare, Felton and 2018 1st round pick.
    Yeah, cause no team in the league would give a better offer than a bad contract, a scrub and first round pick 5 years away.

vCash
    This writer has zero credibility with this article.... what the hell is this guy thinking. Both teams have talked about it internally but have not talked to each other????? That is the most ridiculous rumor I have ever seen make it to print. Come on, Im sure the knicks and bulls have discused internally a melo for michel jordan trade but did not talk to each other because they played at different times!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I very respectfully ask your opinion on why you think he's perfect? The money is great for us, I agree. My concern is Griffin is not a good shooter, not great a creating his own shot and most importantly, we don't have a good PG to get him his shots.
    I would love to see him as a knick if we had a great PG and SG. Then I think he would be a sick fit.
    Again, I am curious why you like the trade. You may be seeing what I am not.
    BINGO!! better reshape the entire team(which may be needed anyway) if you bring Blake here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast