Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Melo Worth a Max Deal?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! And I'd want him on my team.

2 11.11%
  • Yes, but I wouldn't want him on my team.

2 11.11%
  • No.

14 77.78%
  • I demand an 'other' option.

0 0%
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Is Melo Worth A Max Deal?

Just pitchin' this out there.

Let's say Melo hits the free agency market and your team has the cap space to sign him, but he wants a max deal. Assuming the LBJ and Durant are not available, would you be willing to pay him the max?

Keep in mind, this is a true max deal. He's getting paid 20+ million.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I don't think he's coming to the Lakers, and in all truth, I would not want to sign him to a max deal

He'll be 30, and paying him 20+ mill when he's 33 and 34 isn't a good move for the cap

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    No, he's not. But very few are. He'll get it though.

That's the problem with all these "I want to win, but I want my $25mil" guys. Almost no one in the NBA is worth what they're getting paid, but you have to pay them that amount because if you don't someone else will.

vCash
    No. But he'll get it.

vCash
    I would give him the max if it's for 2/3 Years. 4-5 **** No!

Honestly I don't want him to be a laker, the only way I would like him as a laker is if Lebron were to sign with us too. That isn't going to happen either.
    #Tank Nation

Playin sorry for Jabari, Riggin for Wiggins, Recede for Embiid, Rest em for Exum

vCash
    He'll probably get it. I really have no idea why he says Lebron was smart, but he won't do the same thing. The heat have needed every dollar they spent and every dollar the big 3 took as a paycut to win 2 chips. If Melo wants the same thing, he needs to play next to a stud PG and then he will be dangerous. Melo cannot run an offense like Lebron can but when he has a Chauncey or a Kidd he becomes really good. Amare hindering Melo was a terrible thing for the Knicks but if they can get a top 5 PG next to him he becomes a way more valuable player. There is no reason to pay him that kind of money if you're just going to put filth around him. They are paying Amare, Tyson and Bargnani 46 million dollars! WTF? The key to building around Melo is the PG first, then a big he can play next too. PF's and SG's can be had a lot cheaper than C's so you gotta prioritize. Don't give 14 million to Tyson if he can't play more than 30 mins a game. Melo is gonna work himself to death trying to keep this team afloat the next two years under NY pressure. I think a team of

Melo - 26 mil
    Shumpert - 6 mil
    JR - 6 mil
    Rondo - 12 mil
    Center - 10 mil
    maybe a solid rookie contract PF?

I think if Melo got a real team around him an not just another scorer, he can do great things. Keep putting pieces around him and hopefully, eventually the stars will align and some of the other teams will have injuries he can win a Chip like what happened with Dirk in Dallas.

Watch though, James Dolan will likely decide to pair him with Kevin Love and expect more 4 million dollar PG's to run the team.

vCash
    no. But I think under the current salary cap, the majority of good starters are way overpaid.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I would have to agree here and say no. The idea that he's going to be making more than LeBron/Durant/etc. is just ludicrous. That being said, if you're the Knicks you have to offer him the max and hope to use him to lure another stud in 2015.

vCash
    Yes he is.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Since when do NBA players get payed what they are worth?