Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Best Offense For This Team

This is one of the worst run offenses I have seen the Knicks run in my life. For the first time I don't know which offense is worse for this team, Mike D'antoni's or Mike Woodson's.

For those of you who want Woodson fired (or to change his offensive philosophy) what would you recommend as an offensive scheme for this team?

Here are my suggestions

1) Take away Carmelo Anthony's control over this team. Even when Carmelo plays more "passive" it comes at the most random times when he feels like it. It doesn't feel like there is an offensive philosophy or organization in place.

2) Take away isolation basketball. Try to play more team oriented basketball and pass the ball more often. This has been my biggest gripe with Woodson. No stupid JR chucks, fadeaway contested JR mid range jumpshots, or Carmelo's boneheaded ISO plays. Do you know Carmelo is 1-16 in his last game winning or game tying shots? Even though we lost tonight, I'm happy Carmelo didn't take that last shot on an ISO play.

3) Hold all players accountable. This one is controversial but it feels like Woodson plays favorites. The leash on JR is everlasting, and very rarely does JR get benched. Any other coach would put JR in the dog-house by now. I don't understand Mike Woodson's love for veterans.

4) Show some Faith in the rookies. As a result of Iman Shumpert playing the best basketball of his life, THJ's playing time suffers. The man is 2nd in PER out of ALL ROOKIES! Why the *** isn't he playing more? JR Smith is stinking it up.

That is all.
    Last edited by xabial; 01-04-2014 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Woodson has his favorites in Ray Felton and JR Smith and they both suck. It's not hard to see what the rotation should be here. It's actually kind of obvious.

Murry
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Bargnani
    Chandler

Prigioni (when he returns)
    Hardaway Jr.
    Metta (sometimes)
    Martin
    Amare

Get Felton and Smith out of the rotation and start Murry.

vCash
    what does Bargnani do that even warrants playing time? Rebound? Play D? Energy? Hit the open 3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChandlerFlu View Post
    what does Bargnani do that even warrants playing time? Rebound? Play D? Energy? Hit the open 3?
    No but there's no one else to start if he doesn't get playing time. I'd play Metta when he gets back in the starting lineup at the 3.

Bargnani, Felton and JR are just playing awful basketball and need to go away.

vCash
    Murr n Pepperoni (when returns) G's
    Shump n Melo F's

Tyson

vCash
    I would set it up like this
    Felton 25 Pablo-13Murray 10
    Shump 33 thjr 15
    Melo -25jr 20 thjr 8
    Bargs-15 melo 13 kmart 13or MWP when Kmart can't play)amare 7
    Chandler 30 amare 18

I would try to play kmart or chandler with amare and bargs. Don't like both of them out there. Team has played well the last two games, they play that way all year they will turn it around easy
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Woodson has his favorites in Ray Felton and JR Smith and they both suck. It's not hard to see what the rotation should be here. It's actually kind of obvious.

Murry
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Bargnani
    Chandler

Hardaway Jr.
    Metta (sometimes)
    Martin
    Amare

No but there's no one else to start if he doesn't get playing time. I'd play Metta when he gets back in the starting lineup at the 3.

Bargnani, Felton and JR are just playing awful basketball and need to go away.

I agree with all of the above, especially the Felton part. Dude brings memories of Chris "Doo Doo" Duhon. I've had the pleasure of watching him have three non-contact injuries to his hamstring and groin this season simply driving in to the hoop. Get in ****ing shape man. No one touches him, he hurts himself driving in.

Raymond Felton can't make a three pointer to save his life too, hitting .292% from three this season, and .332% lifetime. Every 3 Pointer he shoots makes me cringe. I wish he'd take a lot less 3 pointers or entirely take the three ball of his arsenal..

Lastly shooting .392% from FG this year, and shooting .413% FG lifetime means you are a complete liability on offense and shouldn't be playing as much.. Remind me why he's averaging 32.1 minutes a game this season again?
    Last edited by xabial; 01-04-2014 at 02:57 PM.

vCash

Murry
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Bargnani
    Chandler

Hardaway Jr.
    Metta (sometimes)
    Martin
    Amare

You have got to be kiddin me! Murry is horrible. seeing him shoot free throws or trying to jump shoot is like watching a sixth grader that never played before. His D is OK but that's it.