Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Priest rant for the offseason

This is Priest, I lost my old pw and profile due to not having that e-mail anymore.
    Havent been here in awhile. Great to be back. Heres my rant(again).lol

Good thing we didnt draft Burfict in the 5th round when I was begging us to. We could have used his 171 tackles, 3 Sacks and 1 Int. The guy has averaged 150 tackles over 2 seasons in the NFL.
    I know Roach was amazing by being 29th in tackles averaging 5 tackles a game(by the way, there are only 32 teams in the NFL). Burfict is a game changer and didnt cost a damn thing. I know, I am a big Teo fan. He was hurt most of the year and finally got a start being healthy against a good team in KC and he had 10 tackles and 3 pd. He will be the next big thing. always around the ball. Got hurt early in the season.

Next, DMC is, was and will always be made of glass. We could have gotten something for him, now nothing. Very stupid decisions.

I am looking forward to this off season. I honestly think we should move down a few spots in the draft and get more picks. Good talent in this draft. Players I like(I know some might or might not be available. Just a dream sheet):
    1. Jake Matthews, OT- put him, Veld and Wiz on that line and they will be solid for years.
    2. Shazier, OLB - Very Talented all around solid player.
    3. Skov, ILB/MLB - A tooth chipper and under rated.
    4. Hyde, RB(OSU) - Stud, Stud, Stud.
    5. Jones, DT, Penn State - Just creates havoc.
    6. Nix, DT, Just gooood
    7. Dennard, CB - Solid
    Clowney, I know he is slipping, but is still a showstopper.
    Zach Martin, OG - ND - Kid is a BEAST.
    Richardson, OG - Baylor - Can move anyone he wishes(2 very good OGs in this draft)
    Hageman, DT, Minnesota -Everyone would know is name but he plays on a bad team.
    Jeffcoat, DE - Under rated DE who played on a crappy Texas defense.
    Borland, MLB - another underrated LB who is always around the ball. I dont care if someone can run a 4.3 forty if they cant tackle(Burfict ran a 5.1 40 and everyone dropped him off there boards).
    Ford, OLB Auburn - Tough as nails.

Just a few that I like.

Priest

vCash
    I am torn between offensive line and defensive line.

Maybe some of these late draftees can step in and perform immediately though.

1-4 need to contribute now (at least play especially in a rebuilding year)
    Last years rookies need to be healthy (bunch of sissies)

Welcome back though Priest and lets get more offseason chatter goin

vCash
    If I had one regret its the Raiders not drafting either Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson in 2007. Both will be HOF'ers IMHO. There are no Calvin Johnsons's in this draft but Jake Mathews reminds me a lot of Joe Thomas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    If I had one regret its the Raiders not drafting either Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson in 2007. Both will be HOF'ers IMHO. There are no Calvin Johnsons's in this draft but Jake Mathews reminds me a lot of Joe Thomas.
    I think Peterson was 07 too. That was a stud filled draft and we managed to grab first team, pro bowler, Jamarcus Russell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I would say that was a huge mistake not to draft Thomas.
    We could have had Thomas that year or Ryan Clady the year after.
    Instead we grab DMCs broke ***.

Or Huff instead of Ngata.
    or Fabian Washington instead of aaron rodgers.
    or Drafting Nathan Stupar instead of BURFICT!

boggles the mind. everyone knows he is talented, but wont take a chance on him
    at least in the 7th round???????? Was def worth the risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I would say that was a huge mistake not to draft Thomas.
    We could have had Thomas that year or Ryan Clady the year after.
    Instead we grab DMCs broke ***.

Or Huff instead of Ngata.
    or Fabian Washington instead of aaron rodgers.
    or Drafting Nathan Stupar instead of BURFICT!

boggles the mind. everyone knows he is talented, but wont take a chance on him
    at least in the 7th round???????? Was def worth the risk.
    No doubt. A decade of wasted high first round draft picks. Its gut wrenching to think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    I am torn between offensive line and defensive line.

Maybe some of these late draftees can step in and perform immediately though.

1-4 need to contribute now (at least play especially in a rebuilding year)
    Last years rookies need to be healthy (bunch of sissies)

Welcome back though Priest and lets get more offseason chatter goin
    I was thinking of this being our draft:
    Round 1. Mathews, OT, Texas A&M - Best player on the board. Instantly makes us a top o line.

Round 2. Skov, MLB, Stanford - Smartest LB in this draft, sheds blockers and is very aggressive.

Round 3. DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State - 320 pound beast in the middle.

Round 4. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State - 230 pound hard runner.

Round 6. Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida - Aggressive, big corner.

Round 7. Will Clarke, DE, WV - solid diamond in the rough.

vCash
    So many options this draft that I don't think RM or even Al Davis could mess this up. I would honestly go best player available letting the draft come to you.

We'll be in position to draft Bortels, Clowney, any Tackle, Sammy Watkins!!!, Barr, and whomever else goes up the draft board during the combine ect.

The second round should have 1 or 2 impact players that slip out of the 1st, so it is imperative that RM not fauk this up with another Hayde/Watson pick, or Mark Davis should fire his arse on the spot!
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Megatron, er Priest, what do you think of Bishop Sankey in the 3rd-4th round? I think he would compliment Rashard Jennings well.

vCash
    Like everyone on the list except Shazier. I think he's overrated
    "The Authentic" FGFYC

vCash
    Come on guys with the Burfict this and Burfict that. Fact is all 32 teams, including Cincinnati thought very little of drafting him. They signed him as a UDFA because he went from first team All-American to not even honorable mention All-Pac-12 the next. That's a monsterous slide, to coincide with some apparent off-field issues, too.
    Last edited by N. Cog Neato; 01-04-2014 at 03:21 AM.

vCash
    If we could do a couple trade downs, and get some extra 2nd's and 3rd's I'd love to take Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State. He plays physical, in your face, football, and will complement Hayden. I'd want him if we've slid down to the 15-20 range. In the 2nd, there's guys like Trent Murphy, maybe even Stephon Tuitt, if he's available in the 2nd, could be the steal of the draft, maybe even Kony Ealy. Also, there's Martin, Richardson, Jackson, Odell Beckham, La'el Collins, Yankey at OG who could all be possibilities in the 2nd. Also throw in Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews for other possibilities in the 2nd. If we trade back twice and get at least one extra 2nd, and two 3rds, to go along with a 4th or 5th, or maybe two 4ths, we have endless possibilities of building this team correctly. Okay, say we trade back twice to pick #17. We trade back to #8 with the Vikings and get a 3rd, 5th, and a 2015 2nd. They want a QB and could eyeball one of them at our spot. We then trade back to #17 with the Jets who want some WR help to help out whoever their QB is. We get a 2nd, 3rd, and 6th for trading this far down. I could see them getting either Lee, Watkins, or Evans at #8. We then have an extra 2nd, two extra 3rds, a 5th to get back the one we lost in the Flynn trade, and an extra 6th to go with next year's extra 2nd. I know this is farfetched, but hey, it's my post so.......plllllllllllshhhh!!! LOL

Here we go:

1st) Darqueze Dennard CB Mich. St.
    2nd) Trent Murphy OLB/DE Standford
    2nd) Gabe Jackson OG Miss. St.
    3rd) Dominique Easley DE Florida
    3rd) Charles Sims RB WVU
    3rd) DaQuan Jones DT Penn St.
    4th) Dante Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    5th) Chris Borland ILB Wisc.
    6th) Kenny Ladler S Vandy
    6th) Andrew Norwell OT/G Ohio St.
    7th) Gabe Ikard C/G Okla
    7th) Mister Cobble DT/NT UK<------my "homer" pick

vCash
    ^ No, I would be furious if the Raiders drafted another CB in the first round, unless they found a way to get another first round pick (two in total) to do so. Oakland has needs on the lines - you build inside out, not outside in.

Matthews would give Oakland book-ends; if he's as good as advertised, he'd move Jared Veldheer to RT -- imagine how good an offensive line is when you've got Veldheer at RT! Watson could be slid inside, and Barnes / Bergstrom / Brisel would compete to play RG, and the two 'left-over' linemen would provide the Raiders with experienced depth.

I absolutely love it... but I can't imagine Matthews getting past the Rams with the second overall pick.

Priest - you like any of the QB's available in the middle rounds? I'm very interested in McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, Boyd... they've all got huge potential, IMO, once they get up to speed at the NFL level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    ^ No, I would be furious if the Raiders drafted another CB in the first round, unless they found a way to get another first round pick (two in total) to do so. Oakland has needs on the lines - you build inside out, not outside in.

Matthews would give Oakland book-ends; if he's as good as advertised, he'd move Jared Veldheer to RT -- imagine how good an offensive line is when you've got Veldheer at RT! Watson could be slid inside, and Barnes / Bergstrom / Brisel would compete to play RG, and the two 'left-over' linemen would provide the Raiders with experienced depth.

I absolutely love it... but I can't imagine Matthews getting past the Rams with the second overall pick.

Priest - you like any of the QB's available in the middle rounds? I'm very interested in McCarron, Mettenberger, Murray, Boyd... they've all got huge potential, IMO, once they get up to speed at the NFL level.
    What about David Fales?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    What about David Fales?
    Jesus, I forgot about Fales!

Hahaha, first, I forgot about Boyd, now I'm forgetting about Fales.

Know what I think? There are about 6 QB's who have excellent potential in this draft. I'm not sure I've seen so many 'good' QB prospects in a year before... especially if Bortles / Hundley declare for early entry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast