Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

So Jason Garrett is not a Genius afterall

Here is a link to QB wonderlic scores. Kind of funny that both Romo and Eli tested higher than the boy wonder, alleged genius Jason Garrett. For those of you on this board that live in the DFW area you have no doubt heard the never ending narrative that Jason Garrett is a genius although his in game decision/game management history dictates anything but genius...

http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2011/...ic-scores.html

vCash
    This is like saying Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy, Blaine Gabbert are better QB's than Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, according to the wonderlic scores...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    This is like saying Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy, Blaine Gabbert are better QB's than Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, according to the wonderlic scores...
    That's your analysis - I am saying there is no evidence either on or off the field that he is the genius touted by local media.

vCash
    I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Garrett isn't a genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    That's your analysis - I am saying there is no evidence either on or off the field that he is the genius touted by local media.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I just don't think we need to look at wonderlic scores, to indicate whether Garrett is a genius or not. Brad IBCB already answered the question.

vCash
    Good we are in agreement that Garrett is a nice decent human with good intellect but not genius and can hopefully learn to coach by next season LOL. BTW more and more companies including the one I work for use Wonderlic as a screening mechanism for potential new hires. Not sure if I agree with it but interesting how much stock entities such as corporate America and NFL put stock in this metric.

vCash
    If I wanted to know the names of the boats that came to America in 1492, Garrett is my guy...as far as making in-game decisions, he is NOT the guy....I do like that he has altered the culture of the team for the better, although the owner has too much of a stamp in taking credit for that....

Genius? not to cowboys fans....but, I am sure that there are fans of 31 OTHER teams that want Garrett right where he is currently

vCash
    Why are we basing football IQ off of Wonderlic scores? Neither go together being I dont know how knowing how many cups of flour you need for a cake is the same as Spider 2 Y Banana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlbest5in2013 View Post
    Why are we basing football IQ off of Wonderlic scores? Neither go together being I dont know how knowing how many cups of flour you need for a cake is the same as Spider 2 Y Banana
    I don't think the Wonderlic is the end all be all of intelligence, but you don't want stupid players. It will take longer to learn the playbook and they'll be prone to many more mistakes.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions