Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers, Knicks, Nets, Timberwolves, Warriors Celtics inquiring about Lowry trade

Toronto has won 9 of its last 12 games ó since the Rudy Gay trade they have been the third best team in the East.

The question in Toronto has to be whether to throw out the tanking and lottery plan along with that 2013 calendar. This is a team that should win the Atlantic, likely be the four seed at least in the East and they have a real shot at the second round of the playoffs. Is that the best course of action, or should they get worse now to get a lottery pick and be better later?

At the heart of that debate: Should the Raptors trade Kyle Lowry?

They are still talking about it, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com.

In addition to the Lakers, Knicks and Nets, the Timberwolves, Warriors and Celtics are among the teams that have inquired about a deal with the Raptors for Lowry, league sources say. Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has been encouraged by the teamís recent play, as Toronto has gone 9-3 since the trade with two of the losses coming against the Spurs But despite the Raptorsí fourth-place status in the pitiful East, Ujiri is determined to take the long-term view. With the deadline less than seven weeks away, Ujiri is said to have multiple deals he could do for Lowry that would involve receiving an expiring contract in return or slotting him into another teamís trade exception. Taking back future salary would come at a high price, i.e. a first-round pick.

This is the smart play by Ujiri ó winning this Atlantic Division and reaching the second round is really fools gold. There are two good teams in the east (in reality there are two elite teams in the East) then the drop is steep. Winning now is not really building a team that will win in the East in a couple years.

If the Raptors can get a deal that helps them long term they should do it.

That said, advancing like that in the post season (and the playoff gate and other revenue it brings) is hard for ownership to turn down. In Toronto, they may not.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-lowry-trade/

However, with Greivis Vasquez, on the roster and Lowry set to become a free agent at season end, there isnít much reason for Toronto to keep their feisty point guard if they can improve for the future.

Thatís likely why theyíve reportedly been in trade discussions with the Golden State Warriors for weeks regarding a potential trade centered around Lowry:

The Warriors have been shopping for a backup point guard and have been engaged for weeks with Toronto on Kyle Lowry, sources said.

For what itís worth, Yahoo sports says Toronto isnít completely unsold to the idea of trading Lowry, but has stopped Ďauctioningí him off to teams with Torontoís improved play.

Golden State meanwhile is in need of a backup point guard and few fit that role better than the tenacious Lowry.

The 27-year-old guard is averaging 15.6 points, 7.4 assists and 4 rebounds in 36 minutes.
    http://fansided.com/2014/01/03/nba-r...e-lowry-trade/
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Trade him. Raptors need to get Wiggins.

vCash
    no.

vCash
    why start tanking now, its too late, we in toronto have tasted winning, and we feel like we can make the playoffs now.

vCash
    wiggins isnt happening. this team is competitive. if lowry agrees to stay you build around this core, the average age is 24. gotta trust masai can work with this group with a good cap situation and picks
    go home raptors, you're drunk

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Warriors.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    why start tanking now, its too late, we in toronto have tasted winning, and we feel like we can make the playoffs now.
    Agreed, unless its for a decent player n pick I wouldn't want to trade em, because its last year of his deal teams wont offer what he is worth on the court right now. Resign em. I wonder who Warriors would trade though....Id love to get Barnes some how. Lowry n Ross for Barnes a pick would be fair
    Last edited by spreadeagle; 01-03-2014 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    Wouldn't a playoff appearance do wonders in developing the young players they currently have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    Agreed, unless its for a decent player n pick I wouldn't want to trade em, because its last year of his deal teams wont offer what he is worth on the court right now. Resign em. I wonder who Warriors would trade though....Id love to get Barnes some how. Lowry n Ross for Barnes a pick would be fair
    trading ross at all would be stupid. barnes hasnt shown that he will be a better play than either of those two yet imo
    go home raptors, you're drunk

vCash
    Everyone wants him now lol.
    Last edited by RipCity32; 01-03-2014 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Trade him. Raptors need to get Wiggins.
    they would need to trade both Lowry and Derozan for this team to really suck.

we're still a young team and maybe Wiggins takes a chance when he becomes a UFA to come to Toronto.

vCash
    What's been the main injury that has plagued Lowry?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    What's been the main injury that has plagued Lowry?
    fatness

vCash
    Nets and knicks can **** themselves.
    If Minny is willing to give up their 1st rounder, I'm sending lowry to Minny. Too bad the lakers dont have a pick to trade this year.
    Sig Bet with Chill_Will_24. The Raptors WILL beat the Nets in the 2014 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. Loser deletes account.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

As for your lol sig bet I said I'm down bro

vCash
    Rubio for Lowry

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast