Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,300
    vCash
    500

    Chicago Bears Forum Resources Index

    I had an idea the other day to compile resources that are useful for people to educate themselves so all of our discussion is more intelligent. I'm sure I'm going to miss some sites, so shoot me a PM/VM if you stumble upon anything that's useful, and I'll add it to this list.

    Hopefully this resource gets everyone on the same page from a knowledge/resource standpoint so we can get on track with talking football vs. trying to teach each other how to craft arguments with various resources.


    STATISTICS

    ProFootballFocus - good for advanced statistics (with subscription), game reviews, exclusive articles, player rankings, weekly recaps, and all kinds of other goodies.

    Official NFL Statistics - sortable by position and team sourced from NFL.com

    Pro-Football-Reference.com - I love this site. Great for historic statistics (leaders, records, standings, obscure coaching records). This is a good go-to starting point for any argument that's based on historic information.

    AdvancedNFLStats.com - Sabremetrics of the NFL. Use it, cherish it, be smarter with it.

    Football Outsiders - This is another advanced stats site.

    Washington Post - Deeper stats such as 4th quarter Qb ratings, 1st half, 2nd half, % vs blitz, etc. Tons of advanced stats.


    DRAFT & ROSTERS

    Chicago Bears Official Website - Rosters, depth charts, news, videos. Use it. Cherish it. Learn to hate Larry Meyer.

    Walter Football - A good starting place for draft projections, articles, and news. Not the greatest site, but it has a TON of information.

    CBS Prospect Rankings - CBS-based ranking of draft prospects.

    Draft Breakdown - This is a video database for anyone looking for film on draft prospects.


    CONTRACTS & TRANSACTIONS

    Spotrac - Wanna know contract details and how a contract impacts the cap year-by-year? Go here. Hover over the NFL tab at the top of the website and follow whatever category your heart desires in the dropdown that appears. I may post a Google Doc later on with instructions for how to use commonly desired pieces of information.

    RotoWorld - Use the red navigation bar at the top of the page for various categories (in addition to the panes that appear when clicking this link). This is good for quick references to transactions, contracts, depth charts, etc.


    NEWS/RUMORS/FUNNY JUNK

    National Football Post - They post news for the most part. Their scouting service was better when Wes Bunting ran it but it is still a decent resource for draft prospect evaluations.

    Bleacher Report - I think about everyone is familiar with this, but it's more or less what PSD wants their articles to be like. This place is just way better than PSD for news and such (as of the writing of this post, anyway).

    Deadspin - The sporting world's TMZ. Sometimes there are really interesting articles that are breaking news. A lot of time it's tabloid crap. Still, it's worth a browse if only for Chris Kluwe's contributions.


    SPORTS AESTHETICS

    http://www.uni-watch.com - Paul Lukas is a bit of a douche, but if you're fascinated by uniforms and aesthetic-based facets of sports, this is a must-read website.

    Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - Like Uni Watch, this is a uniform nut's wet dream. Someone trying to tell you our uniforms were something in the 70s that you're pretty sure they weren't? Use this site. Use ColorWerx in conjunction with this site if you're really interested in official colors of sports teams by era.



    More to come...
    Last edited by db75; 01-07-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,142
    vCash
    1500
    Someone wants a productive offseason I see...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,300
    vCash
    500
    Damn straight. I want our smart forum back. I'll be damned if I'm not going to try and get it there.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,432
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly, this thread is a good ****ing idea. I just hope that the people that need to look at this stuff will.


    But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

    -Brandon Marshall


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,142
    vCash
    1500
    Need moar intelligible Bears talk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,432
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Need moar intelligible Bears talk
    MOAR Logiceseses!!!


    But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

    -Brandon Marshall


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,921
    vCash
    1450
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Damn straight. I want our smart forum back. I'll be damned if I'm not going to try and get it there.
    You'll ALWAYS have boneheads. TBH I don't think it's a change in less intelligence it's more so allot of regulars in general have gotten smarter. Cubs forum is the same way allot of regulars myself included you can go back and just see the difference in style of posting and knowledge in general to a point to where it's established itself as a place where you either know what you're talking about or sadly you feel the wrath of being called out.

    Not to say we don't add a ton of smart posters but, I'd say as far as regulars go it's allot more established then it was say 6-7 years ago where it was prob. a little bit easier to get away with banter.

    Not to say this thread is a bad idea but, I think when taking into context it's only going to be good for the posters who prob. would've done it anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,300
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    You'll ALWAYS have boneheads. TBH I don't think it's a change in less intelligence it's more so allot of regulars in general have gotten smarter. Cubs forum is the same way allot of regulars myself included you can go back and just see the difference in style of posting and knowledge in general to a point to where it's established itself as a place where you either know what you're talking about or sadly you feel the wrath of being called out.

    Not to say we don't add a ton of smart posters but, I'd say as far as regulars go it's allot more established then it was say 6-7 years ago where it was prob. a little bit easier to get away with banter.

    Not to say this thread is a bad idea but, I think when taking into context it's only going to be good for the posters who prob. would've done it anyway.
    Oh believe me, I know not everyone is going to use this. I've heard enough of "I don't know where to look" or "I don't have time to look" stuff, so I figured I'd compile this for those who are willing to look.

    Might this create a bigger gap in knowledge? Possibly, but there's not an excuse for not knowing where to look anymore.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,921
    vCash
    1450
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Oh believe me, I know not everyone is going to use this. I've heard enough of "I don't know where to look" or "I don't have time to look" stuff, so I figured I'd compile this for those who are willing to look.

    Might this create a bigger gap in knowledge? Possibly, but there's not an excuse for not knowing where to look anymore.
    Touche. I do agree with the thread regardless cause it's resourceful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    66,182
    vCash
    0
    Less dumbass excuses. Well done debo. Stickied. And no not the type of sticky on debos fave on a Friday night

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,381
    vCash
    1500
    If this sticks, I'll come back. Wait, does this count as coming back?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    15,846
    vCash
    1500
    We just need a few posters back

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,300
    vCash
    500
    I'll show you a come back...
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    15,846
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not paying for pff but there has to be a free way to access dat ****

    I'm going to find it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    I'm not paying for pff but there has to be a free way to access dat ****

    I'm going to find it.
    I mean, premium stats is only worth 27 bucks, and in my opinion it's totally worth it, but if you wanna know stuff you're welcome to ask me and I'll look it up for you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •