Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Klay Thompson?

vCash

Klay Thompson?

I'm sure that there isn't too much behind this rumor, but I think that it's interesting enough for it's own thread. Pete D is said to be after Klay Thompson:

"On the heels of acquiring Rudy Gay from Toronto, the Kings are “swinging for the fences” on the trade market, one rival executive said. One top priority is shoring up the point guard position, with Andre Miller jumping to the top of the list after his falling out with Nuggets coach Brian Shaw and ensuing two-game suspension. But Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro's true long-term target is said to be Warriors sharpshooter Klay Thompson, who will be a restricted free agent after next season."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/...nba-trade-buzz

Interesting rumor, maybe he's on Malone's wishlist after being together in Golden State - I'm sure he's on a lot of teams' wishlists though. The only logical trade piece that we have is Ben McLemore - not sure how I feel about that though. I guess another possibility would be waiting until the off-season and trading our pick. What do you guys think?

vCash
    Warriors are in a win now mode, so in season trade would be out of the question. Anyway I think it would take Bmac + our 1st round pick to get him in the off season. (On draft day)

vCash
    Honestly...if he was attainable for McLemore & Isaiah, I'd prrooooobably do it. Maybe we could add Exum in the draft to replace Isaiah. But I agree with sneak i dont see the warriors ever parting with him anytime soon

vCash
    I think Thompson is a good player, not a great one. I wouldn't trade McLemore and either IT/1st rounder for Thompson. McLemore has shown flashes and honestly has a chance to be just as good if not better than Thompson. I'd do Ben and change for Thompson, but certainly not Ben plus another major asset.

We have a nice core offensely with Boogie, IT, and Gay. We just need Ben to play D and knock down jumpers. Our biggest priority should be finding a frontcourt player who can protect the rim, not finding an upgrade for our most recent lottery pick.

vCash
    I am not saying splash bro #2 is the answer for us. But he is an upgrade in a big way from Ben (right now).

As for flashes, James Johnson showed flashes. (Btw my newest fantasy player) 10 points thanks, you're back to being yourself after I pick you up!

This draft class might be a lot to pass up on, how ever, they are prospects, not talents. Just remember that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I am not saying splash bro #2 is the answer for us. But he is an upgrade in a big way from Ben (right now).

As for flashes, James Johnson showed flashes. (Btw my newest fantasy player) 10 points thanks, you're back to being yourself after I pick you up!

This draft class might be a lot to pass up on, how ever, they are prospects, not talents. Just remember that.
    Please never compare Ben McLemore to James Johnson again.

vCash
    Marcus Thornton and Jason Thompson lol

vCash
    The article said Pete was eyeing Klay when he is a restricted free agent in 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The article said Pete was eyeing Klay when he is a restricted free agent in 2015.
    LMAO, see... this is how rumors get started!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Please never compare Ben McLemore to James Johnson again.
    hahaha.. fair enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't read the article as that Pete is pursuing Klay in free agency. It says that Pete's target is Klay Thompson, who is a free agent after next season. I think that the writer is just adding a fact about Klay's contract.

vCash
    McLemore will end up being better than Klay.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    McLemore will end up being better than Klay.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not so sure about that. I hope he does of course and he has plenty of time to develop but Thompson is pretty good. We'll see.
    Last edited by Kyle N.; 01-06-2014 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle N. View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not so sure about that. I hope he does of course and he has plenty of time to develop but Thompson is pretty good. We'll see.
    How about, clay is already good. That's a fair statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518:27730044
    mclemore will end up being better than klay.
    jimmer will be better than both book it

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015