Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Some stats on Jeremy Lin

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2014/1/...eremy-lin-2014

Lin is 2nd among PG in FG% when driving to the rim, 2nd in EFG on catch and shoot shots, and is 4th among starting PG's in points per half court touches.

You can read the rest of the article in the link but these really surprised me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    He improved a lot this season, especially where he needed the most. He's not your traditional type of PG, with great passing skills or ball handling, but with Harden running the point most of the times, he doesn't need to be. A Rockets' PG must be able to shoot and defend. His shooting, probably where he needed to work the most, has got a lot better and his defense man-to-man has actually become pretty good. His off-ball defense is still a weak spot, same problem with Harden, but that should always improve with experience.

I don't get why he gets so much hate from Rockets' fans. They must base their opinions on his play last season.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    He's inconsistent that's why we get on Lin. He makes A lot of bone head plays on both ends of the floor. With those stats Lin should be averaging more points and assist. Instead he's still averaging what he average last year? What sense does that make? You cant even explain it can you. That's how bad he is dude. He looks good because of Howard { Just as Kobe did Last year and Hedo Turk years before.} Lin has the speed and he's athletic but his basketball IQ is well below average. That may be the reason he went undrafted.
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    He's inconsistent that's why we get on Lin. He makes A lot of bone head plays on both ends of the floor. With those stats Lin should be averaging more points and assist. Instead he's still averaging what he average last year? What sense does that make? You cant even explain it can you. That's how bad he is dude. He looks good because of Howard { Just as Kobe did Last year and Hedo Turk years before.} Lin has the speed and he's athletic but his basketball IQ is well below average. That may be the reason he went undrafted.
    And here we go... You're that guy who just looks at points and assists to measure offense, and blocks, steals and rebounds to measure defense. I was like that when I started watching basketball like a decade ago.

You apparently don't watch many games of your "favorite team", if any, so look at his stats, even the basic ones. He's playing less time, and he has taken less shots a game, and he also lost some rhythm with his injuries. It's not about his avarages, even Harden's numbers declined this season with Howard in town. He got a lot more efficient, and his defense has got a lot better. But since you like points, which is Lin's strenght, tell me how many 4th options are averaging 14 a game?

vCash
    what? I'm not looking at stats I;m using stats to prove my point. Their are plenty of 4th options scoring 14pts that not impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    And here we go... You're that guy who just looks at points and assists to measure offense, and blocks, steals and rebounds to measure defense. I was like that when I started watching basketball like a decade ago.

You apparently don't watch many games of your "favorite team", if any, so look at his stats, even the basic ones. He's playing less time, and he has taken less shots a game, and he also lost some rhythm with his injuries. It's not about his avarages, even Harden's numbers declined this season with Howard in town. He got a lot more efficient, and his defense has got a lot better. But since you like points, which is Lin's strenght, tell me how many 4th options are averaging 14 a game?
    Dude Lin is taking 1 less shot a game and averagin 2 less minutes. His turnovers are still up but assist are down? he's not more efficient our offense has gotten better because of dwight alone. What has Lin improved in? Shooting? Everyone gets hot every once in a while. He's more efficient because he's playing less and that makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Dude Lin is taking 1 less shot a game and averagin 2 less minutes. His turnovers are still up but assist are down? he's not more efficient our offense has gotten better because of dwight alone. What has Lin improved in? Shooting? Everyone gets hot every once in a while. He's more efficient because he's playing less and that makes perfect sense.
    Your lack of knowledge is only exceed by your stubbornness. He's shooting 48% from the field and 37% from 3 (Around 40% since last year's All-Star game) with a 61% true shooting. That's like half of his career, not just a stretch.

vCash
    Your lack of knowledge is only exceed by your stubbornness. He's shooting 48% from the field and 37% from 3 (Around 40% since last year's All-Star game) with a 61% true shooting. That's like half of his career, not just a stretch.
    but he's still turning over the ball and getting killed on defense. His shot are wide open he's not creating an offense for himself with more open shots of course your going to look good. c'mon man lin isnt better its simply dwight
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    what? I'm not looking at stats I;m using stats to prove my point. Their are plenty of 4th options scoring 14pts that not impressive.
    What point? That you're a 5-year old spoiled kid hating on a player you should cheer for because of any reason? You have been posting here for a while now, and of your 440 posts, I doubt anyone has ever agreed to one. Maybe, just maybe, you're the wrong one, dude.

4. Four is the "plenty". Redick, Gordon, Hawes, Stuckey.

vCash
    What point? That you're a 5-year old spoiled kid hating on a player you should cheer for because of any reason? You have been posting here for a while now, and of your 440 posts, I doubt anyone has ever agreed to one. Maybe, just maybe, you're the wrong one, dude.

4. Four is the "plenty". Redick, Gordon, Hawes, Stuckey.
    how many 4th option average 4 ast 3to ? Last year in the playoffs Lin played 21minutes . He still managed 3to
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    but he's still turning over the ball and getting killed on defense. His shot are wide open he's not creating an offense for himself with more open shots of course your going to look good
    Have you really seen him getting killed on defense? That's what I'm talking about. You watch him play now, he's a totally different player this season, but your opinion is still based on last season.

Nice. He doesn't create for himself. Most of his point come on drives to the rim and he has taken 5 FTs a game. Another nice argument.

vCash
    Have you really seen him getting killed on defense? That's what I'm talking about. You watch him play now, he's a totally different player this season, but your opinion is still based on last season.

Nice. He doesn't create for himself. Most of his point come on drives to the rim and he has taken 5 FTs a game. Another nice argument.
    Are you watching the knicks game. Seriously I want you to explain to me how Lin has scored . Most of his points are fastbreak points correct? The NBA playoffs are won in the Half Court game right? For someone who consistently get to the rim 5FT's is garbage. Considering most player take 2shots each time they go to Line. 5Ft's? seriously put that stat away your making Lin look worse
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.

vCash

Did you watch the 3rd Qt? Is it just me or did the Knicks get back into the game by picking on Lin? Is it just me or is Lin the only professional athlete without a Left Hand? For Lin to be so good , you realize the Hall of Fame coach has him on the bench because that's how inconsistent he is. All those stats you pulled out your butt. His coach is treating him the way i would {which is sitting him on the bench}. What exactly has brooks done to stay on floor? He has 3points shouldn't Lin be playing ? Do you know why he isn't playing ,because he was getting killed on screens {as usual} and getting lost on defense. Lin didn't score a point in the 3rd simply because the Knicks took away the fast break. That is all you need to do against Lin and eventually he'll start beating himself and The Rockets. He's inconsistent man. What guy are watching? I saw Lin miss the WHOLE RIM on an open layup or did you miss that too?
    Last edited by farren.louis; 01-03-2014 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    Glad we got the W

vCash
    Did you watch the 3rd Qt? Is it just me or did the Knicks get back into the game by picking on Lin? Is it just me or is Lin the only professional athlete without a Left Hand? For Lin to be so good , you realize the Hall of Fame coach has him on the bench because that's how inconsistent he is. All those stats you pulled out your butt. His coach is treating him the way i would {which is sitting him on the bench}. What exactly has brooks done to stay on floor? He has 3points shouldn't Lin be playing ? Do you know why he isn't playing ,because he was getting killed on screens {as usual} and getting lost on defense. Lin didn't score a point in the 3rd simply because the Knicks took away the fast break. That is all you need to do against Lin and eventually he'll start beating himself and The Rockets. He's inconsistent man. What guy are watching? I saw Lin miss the WHOLE RIM on an open layup or did you miss that too?
    Please stop. Please stop posting in the Rockets forum. Nobody agrees with you. Everyone watches the games and sees a completely different Jeremy Lin than you do. I think you should take that as a hint that maybe Jeremy Lin is a solid NBA pg and if his defense continues to improve is the perfect pg for this team. Harden dominates the ball, Lin just needs to hit the open 3's and attack when Harden is out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast