Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Texans open to trading the #1 Pick in the Draft

With the Texans open to trading what is a realistic package to get in return?

vCash
    Browns 2 firsts and maybe a later pick

vCash
    I wouldn't want to trade back more than a few spots, so realistically, an additional 2nd rounder this draft plus the swap. We could take Bortles, and still have 2 picks in the top 5-6 in the second round to address OL, and our safety position.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Idk if that trade value chart is still very accurate ( I know it depends on who is in the draft and needs) but it says the 1st pick is worth the 4th, 25th and I think a 3rd

vCash
    Is it still possible to get an "RGIII" type deal or is that out of the question?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by htownlegend View Post
    Is it still possible to get an "RGIII" type deal or is that out of the question?
    nah, only QB's produce that trade. And there is no QB ranked like Luck or RGIII in this draft. Nobody is trading that for Clowney for instance.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I wouldn't want to trade back more than a few spots, so realistically, an additional 2nd rounder this draft plus the swap. We could take Bortles, and still have 2 picks in the top 5-6 in the second round to address OL, and our safety position.
    I think this would be a really good way to go.

What are we going to do about Quarterback though? Do you really think Bortles is an elite NFL QB?

There isn't **** in FA, and I'm not big on anyone in the draft unless we can just get them at a good spot.

I really think that Bridgewater is overrated.

I don't think we should reach for him but I strongly believe that Manziel has the largest upside out of all of the available QB's in the draft.

He can throw any type of pass; lobs, touch passes, hard throws, and he's accurate.

He's not the tallest but he wears a size 15 shoe and has some huge hands.

I think Sumlin has had the kid playing in a good offense, he's going to be the real deal but you just can't jump the gun and value him as the best in the draft because he is not.

Not a number 1 pick but a top 15 if the price is right.
    Last edited by tripleplay2007; 01-05-2014 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Theoretical question:
    If your return on the #1 pick was from the Vikings and you got Vikings #1, Seattle's 3rd rounder (owned by Vikings), Phil Loadholt, and maybe a future pick, how would you feel?
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Only if it's a future first IMO
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Theoretical question:
    If your return on the #1 pick was from the Vikings and you got Vikings #1, Seattle's 3rd rounder (owned by Vikings), Phil Loadholt, and maybe a future pick, how would you feel?
    I would for sure consider this trade, as long as the future pick was a 1st-2nd rounder. Loadholt is a pretty damn good OL, we can still get Manziel at #8 most likely, and an additional 3rd rounder, though it would be late in the round.

vCash
    I just read an article that the Texans may have interest in Mallett. What would you guys think about your 2nd rounder for Mallett and then you could use the first pick for Clowney.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster:27749708
    I just read an article that the Texans may have interest in Mallett. What would you guys think about your 2nd rounder for Mallett and then you could use the first pick for Clowney.
    I don't know about giving up a 2nd rounder for Mallet. Has he even thrown a ball this year?

vCash
    I haven't really seen anything to suggest he's worth a second honestly

vCash
    I have no idea what Mallett will do when given his chance but I know that he is a QB with all that measurables and tools that has been taught by the best for the last 3 years. Bridgewater is no more guaranteed than Mallett. If it were me I'd rather grab Clowney and take a chance on Mallett than get Bridgewater and end up with a half assed olinemen in the 2nd.
    I can guarantee you that Bill isn't carrying only one back up QB on the roster because he is trying to fool everyone into thinking he is worth trading for. No one values backups more than Bill and he must feel Mallett could do the job if needed.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    2nd round pick for Mallet is a big price. If its negotiable I would offer a 4th at most. Flynn who has game experience was traded for a fifth and a conditional pick from Seattle to Oakland. I would put Mallet in the McCarron/Mettenberger area.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast