Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Tanaka

vCash

Tanaka

OK...Supposedly we're hot for Tanaka. I have a concern paying 25 mil a year for someone who basically pitched for what would be a glorified triple A type competition. I really don't know much about him (who follows Japanese baseball?), but I would think that kind of money would be better spent on a known good pitcher. I could see him being hard to hit for the beginning, but as soon as the teams get a book on him the good fortune could turn. Do you guys agree, or, if there's something that I'm missing, please set me straight.

vCash
    Out of all the pitchers on the market, this is the guy to get imo.

All of the "proven" starters are asking for a ton of money and they aren't that good to beginning with. Tanaka is much younger than these pitchers and his upside is high -- though not as high as someone like Darvish.

vCash
    Masahiro Tanaka is only 25/26 years old and has a 24-0 record with a 1.27 ERA. Thats impressive and appealing itself, but also another thing to consider is it would require giving up ZERO prospects and/or players. For David Price/Chris Sale/etc. it would require giving up top notch prospects PLUS paying them 25-30 Million per year. Don't get me wrong i love David Price, but I definitely see the appeal of Tanaka over Price.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    It looks like we won't get him. I hope the Dodgers don't either.

vCash

Tanaka Rumors: Sunday

Masahiro Tanaka will reportedly command a contract in the neighborhood of $120MM over six years (plus the expected $20MM posting fee) and is said to have received such an offer from the Diamondbacks. Here's the latest with five days remaining before Tanaka's posting period expires Friday at 4pm CT

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Pride View Post
    Masahiro Tanaka will reportedly command a contract in the neighborhood of $120MM over six years (plus the expected $20MM posting fee) and is said to have received such an offer from the Diamondbacks. Here's the latest with five days remaining before Tanaka's posting period expires Friday at 4pm CT

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    Still think he will get signed by the Dodgers. Those guys are trying to buy a championship HARD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Still think he will get signed by the Dodgers. Those guys are trying to buy a championship HARD!
    Thanks for reminding me how much I hate those guys!
    They should ask the Yankees how well that works.