Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cap Guru...where are you?

Are there any cap Gurus out there that know how much money the Bears have left to spend on FA?

Does anyone have any insight into what the where the Bears are at? I am hoping someone has the knowledge and inclination to post a mock up of the Bears current roster with probably cuts and cap space minus draft picks.

I don't have the ability, or I would. If someone has a link to an existing copy please post it.

Thanks in advance.

vCash
    We probably have about 21 mil left after signing Cutler, Gould, Fiamm, Slaus, and TJ

We had 38 after Gould and Cutty has a 11.5 mil cap hit, and I estimate Slaus and TJ each have about a 3 mil hit which bring us to 21. Then we can cut Pep, Earl, Bush, and Podlesh which would save around 15 giving us about 36 mil of spending money for FA and draft.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    There's no way to know until the terms on the recent extensions are released, but just bookmark this page:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap-hit/2014/

Currently (before Jennings, Slauson, Gould, and Fiametta extensions and cuts): $23.5M cap space

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    we really need to release peppers, he just isnt worth it any more.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Yea Peppers needs to go...

we also need the 2.5 mil that Earl will be making.
    J-Load is back!

vCash
    It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be released. There's really no scenario where he'll be back. Not worth the money any longer and we'll be able to save about $9M by cutting him.

I think/hope Earl, Bush & Podlesh will all be cut as well. That'll free up an additional $5-6M IIRC.

vCash

Cap Guru...where are you?

Can someone give me a short explanation of the difference between the amount of money were paying a player and the cap hit that they are providing. Example: jay cutler. The thread on him is to big for me to look through. But he's worth 22 million next season, but what's the cap hit, and if we don't know that yet, then how does the "cap hit" get decided.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Can someone give me a short explanation of the difference between the amount of money were paying a player and the cap hit that they are providing. Example: jay cutler. The thread on him is to big for me to look through. But he's worth 22 million next season, but what's the cap hit, and if we don't know that yet, then how does the "cap hit" get decided.
    Cap hit = base salaries + bonus'

vCash
    Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 18m
    Haven't seen Slauson's deal yet. But Jennings and Cutty account for $30M on cap in 2014 by my count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Haven't seen Slauson's deal yet. But Jennings and Cutty account for $30M on cap in 2014 by my count.
    Conflicting reports

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Cap hit = base salaries + bonus'
    Okay but jay isn't getting any bonus. And his base salary is 18 million for 2014. But I'm hearing you all say "that's not his cap hit".

vCash
    Just curios if anyone has a projection of how much the draft class will count against the cap on average and how much will be left for free agents?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    There is no way that dumb*** is right. That would leave us with 8 mil of cap right now.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Conflicting reports
    Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 29m
    @CanuckBoy670AM Well I don't see no SBs. Can't prorate roster bonuses.

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 28m
    @Trestmanstache Only see raw numbers being reported to NFLPA. Need to see language to know for sure.

Yeah he's lost. Weird how we get things before they do now.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure they have this figured out at Halas Hall

But I'm a little anxious too
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast