Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

1rst 2014 post...

What has happened to all Isles fans on this forum...? Has AMac's play driven everybody away? What about Capuano's ability to match up opposing lines...
    All in all, I am very pleased with Nabby's play of late. He's basically giving this team a chance every game. I'm still not a big fan of his, but this team seems to play with more confidence when he's between the pipes. Now, with the way Strome and Nelson are playing, if Bailey and Grabs could chip in on offence a bit more regularly, we would be in business...!

Islesfan_mtl

vCash
    Feels good to win 3 in a row against great teams but we need to keep the pedal down. Can't afford to fall back into bad habits against the Canes, who we need to beat. They've given us trouble the last few years so we need to change that tonight.

Few comments:

Vanek-Tavares-Okposo might be the best line in the NHL. It's certainly top 3 and I don't twee the production slowing down whatsoever. Expect Vanek and KO to be PPG players the rest of the way with JT eclipsing 90 for the season.

Time for Bailey to put up or shut up. The guy just got a 5 year deal and he needs to start playing like it. He is literally invisible. At least in the past he was a bust who could play 2 ways and notch maybe 30 points. Now he isn't doing ****. When he gets back from this little DTD stint he needs to be much better, or he better be a healthy scratch a few times to get his head back in the ****ing game. Grabner too. No more excuses, stop over thinking and doing too much. You have a wicked wrist shot and wicked speed, start taking advantage.

Strome has looked good, he wants a goal so badly and it's gonna come, very soon. It's not as bad as Nino, but what the **** are we dong to him? I like Nelson a lot but he's not the type of producer I want to benefit Strome. I want Strome's playmaking and skating to be utilized, so give him a speedster with a great shot on his left in Grabner, and Clutterbuck on his right to protect him, dig pucks out of the corners, and finish too. Nelson will also be maximized moving up to the 2nd with Nielsen and Bailey. Change of scenery for all 3 should benefit big time. I want Regin scratched every night and I want Martin-Zeeker-Mac as my 4th every single night.

Defense has been much better. Hamonic is steady, Hickey had become more consistent, has become more well rounded, and is turned into a decent defenseman. De Haan has been great. In time, the offense will come, but he has shown he can play defense with a big boys which is a fantastic sign from him. If he can stay healthy, may not be a bust after all. I am very excited to see Donovan again, think he wa prematurely sent down and he's gonna eb even better this time. Ecstatic Carkenr will be playing less now. Literally the worst defenseman in hockey. Strait has been steady as a 3rd pairer. We do need to trade for a top pairing defensmean though. I like AMac but he's being overworked. He's a good #3 defenseman but when he's playing 27 minutes a night against 1st lines his weaknesses are exposed and he becomes more prone to injury and prone to performing worse. He should be playing 22-23 a night, not 26-27. Hopefully Visnovsky is back my March, would be a huge upgrade.

Nabokov has been excellent since returning, and Poulin has proven he can give us a shot on every night. Much better than last year because Nabby can be more well rested and we know we have a reliable 1B/backup goalie.

Still ****ing hate Capuano. The players are finding the will to win again like they did last year despite Capuano. The reason the Isles have these long dark stretches are because of bad coaching. Great coaches get their teams out of that in a a few games tops. Kinda wish we lost a few more, have no clue how he wasn't fired during that awful stretch we seem to have gotten out of. But he's here. And honest to God I will be absolutely livid if we miss the playoffs or get eliminated in the first round and he is back next year. he is not a ****ing NHL coach and only Garth Snow would think we have an excellent coaching staff. Bull ****.

Standings looks grim but we have 40 games left. We are a streaky team and we've looked much better of late. Only 9 points back of a playoff spot. It's gonna be hard but in our division we can do it. We need to focus on getting back to NHL.500 hopefully with 20+ games left, and then make that final push for the playoffs. GO ISLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by islesfan_mtl View Post
    What has happened to all Isles fans on this forum...? Has AMac's play driven everybody away? What about Capuano's ability to match up opposing lines...
    All in all, I am very pleased with Nabby's play of late. He's basically giving this team a chance every game. I'm still not a big fan of his, but this team seems to play with more confidence when he's between the pipes. Now, with the way Strome and Nelson are playing, if Bailey and Grabs could chip in on offence a bit more regularly, we would be in business...!

Islesfan_mtl
    Poulin is garbage btw... but it's hard for any goaltender with our defense...

vCash
    I like Poulin.

BRutal ****ing loss last night. All 3 goals to them were ****ing gifts, we couldn't get ****ing zone time cause we were beaten to every single puck in our own zone and there was absolutely no pursuit. Our forwards need to work harder in our own zone and our D needs to give much less rook in the corners and behind the net. There were several instances they were just cycling getting chance after chance for over a minute. We beat 3 great teams with effort and then we ****ing cave vs. the Canes. We are more talent,d faster, and stronger than them and we lost cause we were careless and they out hustled, out hit, and out tried us. These losses hav to go on Cappy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I like Poulin.

BRutal ****ing loss last night. All 3 goals to them were ****ing gifts, we couldn't get ****ing zone time cause we were beaten to every single puck in our own zone and there was absolutely no pursuit. Our forwards need to work harder in our own zone and our D needs to give much less rook in the corners and behind the net. There were several instances they were just cycling getting chance after chance for over a minute. We beat 3 great teams with effort and then we ****ing cave vs. the Canes. We are more talent,d faster, and stronger than them and we lost cause we were careless and they out hustled, out hit, and out tried us. These losses hav to go on Cappy.
    kmo... I've never been this depressed as an Islanders fan in my existence... The turnovers on defense really piss me off... I know that was wrong with what I said about Poulin but I am on the brink of tears... I love the Islanders, we have one of the best 1st lines in the league and it's so hard to outscore the opposition because of Andrew MacDonald, and Carkner... The defense was looking so good up until the Canes game... I'm glad Donovan is back... Carkner is garbage, and I hope AMac doesn't get resigned, he may be leading the league in blocked shots but the guy is a turnover machine back there... You cannot turn the puck over in your own zone, that 1st goal by the Canes last night pissed me off so much...

I know your feelings about Wang... but he has to be held accountable too... The team did not get what we needed in the off-season, a legit veteran blue liner... It's biting us back...

vCash
    All in all still think we can make a run at the playoffs!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Wow after that game.. Wow.. Now keep it up!
    We got this!!!

vCash

1rst 2014 post...

I was right next to the bench, so much fun

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Great game. Hopefully we keep the pedal to the metal and win it tonight in Toronto. Need to have a good road stand here. 3-3 won't be good enough. We need to take at least 9 of a possible 12 points here. Okposo coming back tonight, would love to see the same lines except Nelson moved down to line 2, Regin moved down to 4, and McDonald scratched. he has simply not done enough and Regin scored last night so even though I want him waived he's gonna play tonight.

Defense still needs work but Strait coming back has stabilized the bottom pairings and De Haan has been a huge pleasant surprise. If he stays healthy people will forget they ever associated him with the word bust and he will be a mainstay here for years. Any offense we get from him, of which the upside is high, will be gravy. 2 good pairings allows us to play Amac less which will help him, same with Hickey, who will benefit from a few less minutes. ThinK Donovan even though he made some mistakes last nigth will eb a big upgrade over Carkner too.

Like what Im seeing. Tough loss against the Canes but we've won 4 of 5 now. Need to string together a few mor though. 16 games until the All-star break. we are 7 games below .500 so let's get 23 out of 32 points in these 16 games to get back to NHL .500 with 22 left to make the playoff push.

vCash
    Okposo back in tonight, will play alongside Bailey and Nielsen (reuniting the line that sparked us late last year) and Nelson will remain on line one. That leaves us with Grabner-Strome-Clutterbuck on the 3rd and Martin-Cizikas-Boulton/Regin/McDonald on the 4th. Have no doubt KO will continue to produce on line 2.

Really potential to have a tremendous group of forwards if we get some consistency from the middle 6. If healthy this team is a top pairing defenseman away from being one of the best.
    Last edited by kmo429; 01-07-2014 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Lets go .. Push for the playoffs star 2nite
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Okay I'm done making game threads because it seems whenever I make one we lose so I'm done I promise :P

vCash

1rst 2014 post...

Very impressive comeback win tonight.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Let's go!!! Playing well of late make that run at the playoffs
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Ok boys, if the team can crawl back to .500 I'll consider making threads again and I'll stop being a cynic. MacDonald is still pissing me off though that turnover on the PP still going on in my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast