Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 687
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500

    The Official Head Coach Search News/Rumors Thread

    Figured I would start a dedicated thread to this since I never know whether to put news/rumors in the Schwartz is fired thread, the who do you want as coach thread, or the news/twitter thread.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,122
    vCash
    1500
    Whisenhunt said he and Lions GM Martin Mayhew are "good friends" and he has "a tremendous amount of respect for Martin and what he's done"

    — Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 2, 2014
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    14,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Whisenhunt said he and Lions GM Martin Mayhew are "good friends" and he has "a tremendous amount of respect for Martin and what he's done"

    — Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) January 2, 2014
    Hmm, Guess i was wrong, Figured they werent really friends at all considering they only played together for a year in washington


    Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett 38m
    Frank Reich as possible OC “@BigRed6810: Have there been any rumors of an OC or DC associated with Whisenhunt if he's hired as a HC?”
    That scares me with wisenator, Reich has very little coaching experience and I dont think he is qualified to be our OC, Let alone be the one mentoring Stafford..
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 01-03-2014 at 01:54 AM.

    Off-season Sucks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,078
    vCash
    1600

    The Official Head Coach Search News/Rumors Thread

    Tony Dungy say he would love to coach the lions if he came back. Well come back home you from Jackson, Michigan anyway
    GIFSoup

    The Old Kingwood313 is Back

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,083
    vCash
    2000
    Lions.com's Tim Twentyman considers Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt the favorite to land Detroit's head-coaching job.
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported the Lions' interest in Whiz was "very strong," and GM Martin Mayhew has already been exploring references of the onetime Cardinals head coach. Unfortunately, the Lions will have to wait for the Chargers' playoff run to end to formally interview Whisenhunt.
    rotoworld



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    holland MI
    Posts
    966
    vCash
    500
    I'll take dungy for sure. whiz to come in as OC?? that would be sweet
    Max Scherzer season stats

    blue eyes - 1

    brown eyes - 1

    wins

    losses

    KOs

    BB

    WHIP

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,408
    vCash
    1500
    Yep looks like it's gonna be Wiz

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I'll take dungy for sure. whiz to come in as OC?? that would be sweet
    its hard for a coach to do a lateral move in the NFL, the NFL actually has rules in place so people can only be promoted to another team.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,489
    vCash
    500
    Lions.com's Tim Twentyman considers Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt the favorite to land Detroit's head-coaching job.
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported the Lions' interest in Whiz was "very strong," and GM Martin Mayhew has already been exploring references of the onetime Cardinals head coach. Unfortunately, the Lions will have to wait for the Chargers' playoff run to end to formally interview Whisenhunt.
    Cool...so we just gotta wait for his team to fail so we can hire him to run ours!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    574
    vCash
    3000
    It doesn't have anything to do with our HC search but I saw that the Browns are currently paying or have paid 6 head coaches about $49 million to not work. hahah that seems like quite the waste of money.

    On the other hand, I'd be happy with Whisenhunt as our coach. Now who would he be bringing in as OC and DC if all of this does come true?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    14,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with our HC search but I saw that the Browns are currently paying or have paid 6 head coaches about $49 million to not work. hahah that seems like quite the waste of money.

    On the other hand, I'd be happy with Whisenhunt as our coach. Now who would he be bringing in as OC and DC if all of this does come true?
    My question is, Is he gonna try to call plays as the HC?

    Off-season Sucks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,078
    vCash
    1600

    The Official Head Coach Search News/Rumors Thread

    I hope it's not whizz his nickname sounds retarted if he becomes head coach I might not watch
    GIFSoup

    The Old Kingwood313 is Back

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,083
    vCash
    2000
    FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports the Vikings, Redskins, and Lions all have "interest" in Bengals DC Mike Zimmer.
    Per Garafolo, Zimmer could interview for all three head-coaching vacancies as early as next week. The Vikings have been linked to both Bengals coordinators, also OC Jay Gruden, while Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is considered the tentative favorite to land the Detroit job. Zimmer has been waiting so long for a head-coaching gig that he may actually be willing to work for Dan Snyder in D.C. He'd whip that Redskins roster into shape, right quick.
    Another name I was really behind. I think Zimmer could really do well for someone as a head coach. The work he did with the Bengals defense is very impressive.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Another name I was really behind. I think Zimmer could really do well for someone as a head coach. The work he did with the Bengals defense is very impressive.
    Yeah the man is very consistent and gets a lot out players. I like him as the surprise pick but I would be shock if they went that route...he does not meet any requirements the front office laid out day 1.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Yeah the man is very consistent and gets a lot out players. I like him as the surprise pick but I would be shock if they went that route...he does not meet any requirements the front office laid out day 1.
    I would like Mike Zimmer assuming he brings in an amazing OC
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •