Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Bowl

vCash

Sugar Bowl

I hear people talk about drafting AJ McCarren, I personally don't think he will EVER be a starting qb in the nfl much less a franchise qb. He needs Too many pieces around him. HE NEEDS a STRONG running game. Thier rb has bailed him out all game. Slow wind up,balls float and gets flustered when he gets pressured and hit. Don't be fooled by his record, john Parker Wilson, Greg Mckelroy, Croyle ALL had success with Alabama. It's the system...... PASS!

vCash
    The guy confuses me. Reminds me of Jason Campbell with not as much zip on his intermediate passes.

I feel like every potential NFL QB has a nice deep ball when given the proper time.

vCash
    McCarron is not an NFL starting caliber quarterback.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    As an Oklahoma fan I must say that was one helluva game last night! Exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    McCarron is not an NFL starting caliber quarterback.
    Not yet, but he will be. He has greatness in him. A good QB coach would love to get his hands on that kid.

vCash
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you
    DL and OL. We have needs on both sides of the line. The trenches are our priority right now.

vCash

QB's become media darlings and in turn get all the exposure. What the real situation is that teams draft QB's when they are so far from contenting and the point being they draft them so they can sell tickets. Plain and Simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuellstRaider:27724774

QB's become media darlings and in turn get all the exposure. What the real situation is that teams draft QB's when they are so far from contenting and the point being they draft them so they can sell tickets. Plain and Simple.
    Well they will lose my ticket purchase of they bring a QB into town.

I think the QB thing is very contradictory.

Does everyone realize that Bridgewater is 5"11, 190? Especially the one's who keep saying that MM is too small!! SMH.

Bortles? DOES ANYONE WATCH THESE GUYS? Peeps in here get mad that our NFL QB throws a pick, and this guy throws 2 in a row on his big stage. Yet, we want to draft him because he is very athletic and can run the read-option.

I don't think people know what they actually are saying. They watch BSPN and base all opinions through highlights and whatever Trent Dilfer and Trey Wingo say!!! Mind-blogging.

vCash
    Did anyone actually say anything about bortles running the read option?

I don't think any fan of ours cares at all about running ability.

We don't want Pryor or anyone like him.

I would take Bridgewater bortles care or manziel... Just not at 5.

Bridgewater 15 plus
    Carr 20 plus
    Bortles 15 plus
    Manziel 20+

These are unrealistic draft positions, but I don't feel the risk reward is at a good enough level I go higher.

Line particularly defensive line would be key.

Our oline definitely needs work too.

Trenches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    I hear people talk about drafting AJ McCarren, I personally don't think he will EVER be a starting qb in the nfl much less a franchise qb. He needs Too many pieces around him. HE NEEDS a STRONG running game. Thier rb has bailed him out all game. Slow wind up,balls float and gets flustered when he gets pressured and hit. Don't be fooled by his record, john Parker Wilson, Greg Mckelroy, Croyle ALL had success with Alabama. It's the system...... PASS!
    this x infinity. i'm a broken record about my disdain for tide qbs, so i'll spare y'all another rant about how we should avoid aj.

...but we really need to avoid aj.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    As an Oklahoma fan I must say that was one helluva game last night! Exciting.
    i'm not an oklahoma fan, but watching them lose was delicious. and the way they lost... 31 pts in the 1st half. judging by this loss, and their previous sugar bowl loss, saban sucks when he has only 10 days to prepare for a bowl game. when he has 20 days to prepare, he's money, but any less time than that and he gets blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    DL and OL. We have needs on both sides of the line. The trenches are our priority right now.
    bingo. there are plenty of line help mid- to late-first round. trade down because i think there's no andrew luck in this draft and we could get 2 or 3 very nice prospect that can more adequately fill a bigger immediate need than a maybe-maybe-not qb prospect. hell, we went from 3 to 12 and got our guy last year? we'll strike gold again. (basing this last statement solely on rm getting 'his guy'... not that hayden should or shouldn't have been that highly regarded).
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    He has game manager written all over him. Everything about him is average and conservative.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Did anyone actually say anything about bortles running the read option?

I don't think any fan of ours cares at all about running ability.

We don't want Pryor or anyone like him.

I would take Bridgewater bortles care or manziel... Just not at 5.

Bridgewater 15 plus
    Carr 20 plus
    Bortles 15 plus
    Manziel 20+

These are unrealistic draft positions, but I don't feel the risk reward is at a good enough level I go higher.

Line particularly defensive line would be key.

Our oline definitely needs work too.

Trenches
    Something we can agree on.

vCash
    Game managers don't pass for 387 yards.. He's not the most talented of the quarterbacks but he's certainly smart and learns form his mistakes. (The triple coverage int was god awful). McCarron still had a good day just didn't translate how he'd hope for his final bowl game. The Sooners certainly shocked majority of the world with that win.

I would still take a shot at him if available in the third or fourth. Let his marinate on that bench for a couple years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    this x infinity. i'm a broken record about my disdain for tide qbs, so i'll spare y'all another rant about how we should avoid aj.

...but we really need to avoid aj.

i'm not an oklahoma fan, but watching them lose was delicious. and the way they lost... 31 pts in the 1st half. judging by this loss, and their previous sugar bowl loss, saban sucks when he has only 10 days to prepare for a bowl game. when he has 20 days to prepare, he's money, but any less time than that and he gets blown out.

bingo. there are plenty of line help mid- to late-first round. trade down because i think there's no andrew luck in this draft and we could get 2 or 3 very nice prospect that can more adequately fill a bigger immediate need than a maybe-maybe-not qb prospect. hell, we went from 3 to 12 and got our guy last year? we'll strike gold again. (basing this last statement solely on rm getting 'his guy'... not that hayden should or shouldn't have been that highly regarded).

Right on Chip. We are on the same page here. This draft is going to be exciting to say the least. Check out my picks in the draft gen. page. I think it turned out well...no QB!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast