Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Sugar Bowl

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    1500

    Sugar Bowl

    I hear people talk about drafting AJ McCarren, I personally don't think he will EVER be a starting qb in the nfl much less a franchise qb. He needs Too many pieces around him. HE NEEDS a STRONG running game. Thier rb has bailed him out all game. Slow wind up,balls float and gets flustered when he gets pressured and hit. Don't be fooled by his record, john Parker Wilson, Greg Mckelroy, Croyle ALL had success with Alabama. It's the system...... PASS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    1,946
    vCash
    1500
    The guy confuses me. Reminds me of Jason Campbell with not as much zip on his intermediate passes.

    I feel like every potential NFL QB has a nice deep ball when given the proper time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,109
    vCash
    1500
    McCarron is not an NFL starting caliber quarterback.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,587
    vCash
    1500
    As an Oklahoma fan I must say that was one helluva game last night! Exciting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,587
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    McCarron is not an NFL starting caliber quarterback.
    Not yet, but he will be. He has greatness in him. A good QB coach would love to get his hands on that kid.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,922
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

    Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,587
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

    Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you
    DL and OL. We have needs on both sides of the line. The trenches are our priority right now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

    Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you
    QB's become media darlings and in turn get all the exposure. What the real situation is that teams draft QB's when they are so far from contenting and the point being they draft them so they can sell tickets. Plain and Simple.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    1,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BuellstRaider:27724774
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I honestly dont see any of these QBs making it in the NFL. This includes all the way up to bridgewater. The chances of a college QB making it in the NFL are slim, I dont care what your draft projection is. Such a gamble pick that usually turns out as a bust. We have drafted nothing but bust QBs for years now, I cant remember the last QB we drafted that was good.

    Jruss (#1 overall) - Andrew Walter ?, Tuiasasopo (2nd round), Tyler Wilson (4th round) - Terrelle Pyror (3rd round), Bill Jo Hobert (3rd round), Marinovich (1st round), .... its disgusting how much these picks cost you
    QB's become media darlings and in turn get all the exposure. What the real situation is that teams draft QB's when they are so far from contenting and the point being they draft them so they can sell tickets. Plain and Simple.
    Well they will lose my ticket purchase of they bring a QB into town.

    I think the QB thing is very contradictory.

    Does everyone realize that Bridgewater is 5"11, 190? Especially the one's who keep saying that MM is too small!! SMH.

    Bortles? DOES ANYONE WATCH THESE GUYS? Peeps in here get mad that our NFL QB throws a pick, and this guy throws 2 in a row on his big stage. Yet, we want to draft him because he is very athletic and can run the read-option.

    I don't think people know what they actually are saying. They watch BSPN and base all opinions through highlights and whatever Trent Dilfer and Trey Wingo say!!! Mind-blogging.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,488
    vCash
    1500
    Did anyone actually say anything about bortles running the read option?

    I don't think any fan of ours cares at all about running ability.

    We don't want Pryor or anyone like him.

    I would take Bridgewater bortles care or manziel... Just not at 5.

    Bridgewater 15 plus
    Carr 20 plus
    Bortles 15 plus
    Manziel 20+

    These are unrealistic draft positions, but I don't feel the risk reward is at a good enough level I go higher.

    Line particularly defensive line would be key.

    Our oline definitely needs work too.

    Trenches

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    I hear people talk about drafting AJ McCarren, I personally don't think he will EVER be a starting qb in the nfl much less a franchise qb. He needs Too many pieces around him. HE NEEDS a STRONG running game. Thier rb has bailed him out all game. Slow wind up,balls float and gets flustered when he gets pressured and hit. Don't be fooled by his record, john Parker Wilson, Greg Mckelroy, Croyle ALL had success with Alabama. It's the system...... PASS!
    this x infinity. i'm a broken record about my disdain for tide qbs, so i'll spare y'all another rant about how we should avoid aj.

    ...but we really need to avoid aj.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    As an Oklahoma fan I must say that was one helluva game last night! Exciting.
    i'm not an oklahoma fan, but watching them lose was delicious. and the way they lost... 31 pts in the 1st half. judging by this loss, and their previous sugar bowl loss, saban sucks when he has only 10 days to prepare for a bowl game. when he has 20 days to prepare, he's money, but any less time than that and he gets blown out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    DL and OL. We have needs on both sides of the line. The trenches are our priority right now.
    bingo. there are plenty of line help mid- to late-first round. trade down because i think there's no andrew luck in this draft and we could get 2 or 3 very nice prospect that can more adequately fill a bigger immediate need than a maybe-maybe-not qb prospect. hell, we went from 3 to 12 and got our guy last year? we'll strike gold again. (basing this last statement solely on rm getting 'his guy'... not that hayden should or shouldn't have been that highly regarded).
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS




    "We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Playaraider View Post
    I hear people talk about drafting AJ McCarren, I personally don't think he will EVER be a starting qb in the nfl much less a franchise qb. He needs Too many pieces around him. HE NEEDS a STRONG running game. Thier rb has bailed him out all game. Slow wind up,balls float and gets flustered when he gets pressured and hit. Don't be fooled by his record, john Parker Wilson, Greg Mckelroy, Croyle ALL had success with Alabama. It's the system...... PASS!
    He has game manager written all over him. Everything about him is average and conservative.




    Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    south OC
    Posts
    1,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Did anyone actually say anything about bortles running the read option?

    I don't think any fan of ours cares at all about running ability.

    We don't want Pryor or anyone like him.

    I would take Bridgewater bortles care or manziel... Just not at 5.

    Bridgewater 15 plus
    Carr 20 plus
    Bortles 15 plus
    Manziel 20+

    These are unrealistic draft positions, but I don't feel the risk reward is at a good enough level I go higher.

    Line particularly defensive line would be key.

    Our oline definitely needs work too.

    Trenches
    Something we can agree on.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,271
    vCash
    1500
    Game managers don't pass for 387 yards.. He's not the most talented of the quarterbacks but he's certainly smart and learns form his mistakes. (The triple coverage int was god awful). McCarron still had a good day just didn't translate how he'd hope for his final bowl game. The Sooners certainly shocked majority of the world with that win.

    I would still take a shot at him if available in the third or fourth. Let his marinate on that bench for a couple years.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,587
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    this x infinity. i'm a broken record about my disdain for tide qbs, so i'll spare y'all another rant about how we should avoid aj.

    ...but we really need to avoid aj.



    i'm not an oklahoma fan, but watching them lose was delicious. and the way they lost... 31 pts in the 1st half. judging by this loss, and their previous sugar bowl loss, saban sucks when he has only 10 days to prepare for a bowl game. when he has 20 days to prepare, he's money, but any less time than that and he gets blown out.



    bingo. there are plenty of line help mid- to late-first round. trade down because i think there's no andrew luck in this draft and we could get 2 or 3 very nice prospect that can more adequately fill a bigger immediate need than a maybe-maybe-not qb prospect. hell, we went from 3 to 12 and got our guy last year? we'll strike gold again. (basing this last statement solely on rm getting 'his guy'... not that hayden should or shouldn't have been that highly regarded).


    Right on Chip. We are on the same page here. This draft is going to be exciting to say the least. Check out my picks in the draft gen. page. I think it turned out well...no QB!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •