Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Talk!!

vCash

Carmelo Talk!!

Just read that article about Camelo Anthony possibly wanting to leave New York and opting out of his contract. He wants to win. And you know about to ask. What do you all think of the Rockets going after him. We wanted him a couple of years ago. I still want him. Especially since he has shown he can play the 4 spot. He would be a perfect addition to our team and would finally ake us an elite team. We aren't good enough this year of course. Trade Asik for a draft pick to clear that cap space next year. We gambled on Howard and won I say we are on a roll. Do it again. Should we the fans start a campaign for him. I think we should to send a message to him and the Rockets FO. What scenarios can you guys see happening to get him her and/or if you even want him here. For me everyone is untouchable except for Howard/Harden/Parson/Lin/Bev. I'd love to see a big three finally in Houston.

vCash
    Only guys untouchable are harden/howard

vCash
    Howard wasn't a gamble, he was the best center in the league and best FA available. Anthony wouldn't be a gamble either, he's one of the best scorers in the league, and he has been for nearly a decade, but we don't need him. We already have the SF position set for many years to come. Parsons is younger, cheaper, better defensively, can also play the 4 (may I say better than Melo), and has proved he can be a third option on a contender.

Melo would cost too much in a trade right now, and it would cost close to 90 million over 4 years in FA (120 over 5 if we traded for him), not that we could offer him a contract without getting rid of both Lin (who you say it's untouchable) and Asik anyway. I'd pass on him even if he wanted to come here.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I didn't have the stones to post this suggestion after my Cleveland ones

Anyway... as much as I like this idea, isn't Kevin Love available after this season? Wouldn't a better outside shooter, and facilitator like him make a far better choice than a guy who's proven to be a little slow driving into the lane and has a reputation of being a bit of a ball hog?

What about Hedo Turkglu? Orlando will waive him at 5pm today, and he might be able to get picked up for the remainder of the season at a vet's minimum if no one else pursues?

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    love and Durant isn't available until 2016. LeBron will be available but probably too expensive. I would like to somehow get ryan Anderson.

vCash
    we need either PG that averages more ast than turnovers or PF that can give us a consistent 15-20 pts jones isn't lookin bad but its the consistent part , or a legitimate 6th man canididate our bench is what allows teams to even come with in reach of us mid 3qrt it seems like every game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    I didn't have the stones to post this suggestion after my Cleveland ones

Anyway... as much as I like this idea, isn't Kevin Love available after this season? Wouldn't a better outside shooter, and facilitator like him make a far better choice than a guy who's proven to be a little slow driving into the lane and has a reputation of being a bit of a ball hog?

What about Hedo Turkglu? Orlando will waive him at 5pm today, and he might be able to get picked up for the remainder of the season at a vet's minimum if no one else pursues?
    I pass on Turkoglu. Not anywhere near the player he used to be, it would take a miracle for him to crack the rotation here.

Quote Originally Posted by drankman View Post
    we need either PG that averages more ast than turnovers or PF that can give us a consistent 15-20 pts jones isn't lookin bad but its the consistent part , or a legitimate 6th man canididate our bench is what allows teams to even come with in reach of us mid 3qrt it seems like every game
    No, no and no. First, Lin, Beverley and Brooks are just fine at the PG position, Bev is a lockdown defender costing close to nothing, Lin has much improved his shooting and defense, and he has been pretty good late on games, and Brooks is always a deadly shooter and I love his effort every night.

Second, why do we need a 15-20 point PF when we already score 105 a night, and our 4 best players can score 20 on any given night? And how are we supposed to simply get a player like that? There are only 8 15-point PFs in the league, six of them are best or second best player on their team.

And third, it's really hard to name three better 6th men than Lin thus far this season. We do need some bench help, but keep in mind that two of our three best defenders are injuried. Things should get better once both Beverley and Asik (who by the way might stay even past deadline) are both back.

vCash
    No, it's just not a good fit. If the rockets didn't have harden or Howard, then yes. Otherwise, no.

vCash
    I would never want Melo in Houston.

vCash
    Let's not do what NY did and trade for a guy that we can sign in the off season if he opts out.

vCash
    I would rather save our money to make a run at either Love or Durant in a few years once Lin and Asik are off the books.
    Both of them are better, all-around players than Melo and I think we would have a shot at either of them since KLove really
    likes Kevin McHale and Durant is very close friends with Harden. I don't want to waste another max contract on Melo (and
    this is from a big Syracuse fan who will always love Melo for bringing the Orange their only National Championship).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I pass on Turkoglu. Not anywhere near the player he used to be, it would take a miracle for him to crack the rotation here.

No, no and no. First, Lin, Beverley and Brooks are just fine at the PG position, Bev is a lockdown defender costing close to nothing, Lin has much improved his shooting and defense, and he has been pretty good late on games, and Brooks is always a deadly shooter and I love his effort every night.

Second, why do we need a 15-20 point PF when we already score 105 a night, and our 4 best players can score 20 on any given night? And how are we supposed to simply get a player like that? There are only 8 15-point PFs in the league, six of them are best or second best player on their team.

And third, it's really hard to name three better 6th men than Lin thus far this season. We do need some bench help, but keep in mind that two of our three best defenders are injuried. Things should get better once both Beverley and Asik (who by the way might stay even past deadline) are both back.
    i see u have a crush on lin lol ,anyways yes we score 105 a night very impressive but we also give up 102 a night ....why ? well when our "shooting guard" is our best passer which is not to bad but when comparing theres not to many SG avg. 5.2 a game our 3 headed PG monster that you pointed out together only get 8 a game given us 20 ast. per game with 16 TO a game for a 1.3 a/to % which is pretty much last in the league that's about 23 to 25 pts a game we don't need a PG that avg more TO than ast or 3 of them ...pat is a hell of a lockdown PG but we only get maybe 7 or 8 pts and only 2 ast per game and hes getting starter mins oh an fyi theres a reason lin our 25 mil dollar PG is on the bench and its not cuz we need a 6th man.... now with that being said I said we "either" need a PG to change that a/to and make us better than 24th for ast or we need a PF that can consistently score 15 -20 pts since we give up 102 and only score 105 that's free throws in which we're towards the bottom in or a couple 3's away from losing a game or we need to go out and get a legitimate 6th man kinda like Crawford in LA .....either way it goes we need one of these things to happen if not 2 or all to put us over that hump

vCash
    i see u have a crush on lin lol
    By saying he improved his defense and shooting, and he is one of the best 6th men in the league?

,anyways yes we score 105 a night very impressive but we also give up 102 a night ....why ? well when our "shooting guard" is our best passer which is not to bad but when comparing theres not to many SG avg. 5.2 a game our 3 headed PG monster that you pointed out together only get 8 a game given us 20 ast. per game with 16 TO a game for a 1.3 a/to % which is pretty much last in the league that's about 23 to 25 pts a game we don't need a PG that avg more TO than ast or 3 of them ...pat is a hell of a lockdown PG but we only get maybe 7 or 8 pts and only 2 ast per game and hes getting starter mins oh an fyi theres a reason lin our 25 mil dollar PG is on the bench and its not cuz we need a 6th man.... now with that being said I said we "either" need a PG to change that a/to and make us better than 24th for ast or we need a PF that can consistently score 15 -20 pts since we give up 102 and only score 105 that's free throws in which we're towards the bottom in or a couple 3's away from losing a game or we need to go out and get a legitimate 6th man kinda like Crawford in LA .....either way it goes we need one of these things to happen if not 2 or all to put us over that hump
    You do realize that Harden runs the point more often that whover is playing PG, right?

Aside from the fact that you didn't even pointed out, which is all those TOs leading to easy points on the other end, nothing you said is really important, IMO. How would a 15-20-point PF will makes us a better defensive team? So your idea is to score 115 points a night, being like the best offense ever, and let them score 102?

And why do you keep fixating on those numbers? Harden is a monster creating for himself, he is probably a top-5 in the league in that departament, and Lin also is pretty good at it. Sure our ball-movement hasn't been good just yet, but there are a lot of things to consider other than the assists number.

And lastly, your argument about needing a 6th man is just not right. The idea of a 6th man is just overrated in my opinion. The only one thing we need is someone to basically score when Harden is on the bench.

vCash
    so your saying lin is our future hes the best thing to ever grace Houston at PG yad yad yad ....... really ? I mean I love the fact that he drives the lane and not scared to but the rest of his game is awful and the reason why harden has the ball so much is cuz we don't have a PG that will make a good decision and in my "OPINION" harden pretty much gives us the same decision maken that lin does he drives the lane out of control and 65% of the time throws the ball away when he passes out.... he turns the ball over a lot to but hes our star so its over looked ......now we are set up for a another max contract and promised howard we would the only positions are the PF and PG positions that could be upgraded unless your ready to part ways with parsons for a top SF ?....... jones isn't bad but hes "inconsistent" (my PF aurgment)......lin, beverly and brooks do make up one hell of a PG but they cant all play PG at the same time and as much as u don't want to hear the stats 24th in ast don't help u win games and the TO's from that position alone added to the harden howard parson TO's don't help either.....given up 20 to 25 pts off TO's don't help we need a real PG one that can atleast do 2 of the 3 jobs our 3 headed monster at PG does and take the pressure off harden to always create ....and finally tell me one rocket bench player that you can without a shadow of a dought give us 15 hell 10 pts a night ?
    Last edited by drankman; 01-06-2014 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    so your saying lin is our future hes the best thing to ever grace Houston at PG yad yad yad ....... really ?
    Where exactly did I say this? All I'm saying he's fine, we're fine at PG position, there's no need for a trade there, and I certainly wouldn't trade our best asset in Asik for to upgrade a position we don't need.

I mean I love the fact that he drives the lane and not scared to but the rest of his game is awful
    That's just wrong. And the way you keep saying this totally overlooking his play this season makes me think you're just a dupe account of someone (we know who that is).

and the reason why harden has the ball so much is cuz we don't have a PG that will make a good decision and in my "OPINION" harden pretty much gives us the same decision maken that lin does he drives the lane out of control and 65% of the time throws the ball away when he passes out.... he turns the ball over a lot to but hes our star so its over looked ......
    It's not overlooked and the reason he controls the ball this much is not because "we don't have a PG". He does turn the ball over, and his ast/TO ratio is terrible, but he creates for himself as much as he wants, he goes to the FT line almost 10 times a game.

now we are set up for a another max contract and promised howard we would the only positions are the PF and PG positions that could be upgraded unless your ready to part ways with parsons for a top SF ?....... jones isn't bad but hes "inconsistent" (my PF aurgment).....

Yeah he is inconsistent. He's a second-year player. And the guy is a 5th option, he doesn't get one designed play for him, all he gets on the offensive end are plays that he creates for himself (which is something that he has done), fastbreak and hustle points. And even so he's pretty good.

lin, beverly and brooks do make up one hell of a PG but they cant all play PG at the same time and as much as u don't want to hear the stats 24th in ast don't help u win games and the TO's from that position alone added to the harden howard parson TO's don't help either.....given up 20 to 25 pts off TO's don't help we need a real PG one that can atleast do 2 of the 3 jobs our 3 headed monster at PG does and take the pressure off harden to always create ....and finally tell me one rocket bench player that you can without a shadow of a dought give us 15 hell 10 pts a night ?
    Finally, two things. I don't really understand the last question. You want me to name a Rocket form the bench scoring more than 10 points? Lin's 13 doesn't count for some reason?

And fine, let's say for arguments' sake we need a PG. Care to name a few options? Who do you want? Deron Williams making 20 million to be a 3rd or 4th guy? Rondo being the worst possible fit next to Harden? Let me understand what you really want for our PG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast