Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raiders Announce Future Reserve / Future Signings - Trent Edwards

The Oakland Raiders have signed the following three players to Reserve/Future contracts, General Manager Reggie McKenzie announced on Thursday.

Player Pos Ht Wt Exp College
    Carter, David DT 6-5 300 3 UCLA
    Edwards, Trent QB 6-4 230 5 Stanford
    Troup, Torell DT 6-3 327 2 Central Florida

Carter: Carter was originally drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the sixth round (184th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft out of UCLA. He spent two years (2011 and 2012) with the Cardinals, appearing in 32 games, totaling 29 tackles, one sack, two passes defensed and one forced fumble. After being waived by the Cardinals on 8/30/13, he signed on with the Dallas Cowboys, appearing in three games and making one tackle. He was waived by Dallas on 10/15.

Edwards: Edwards entered the league in 2007 as a third-round selection (92nd overall) from Stanford. The Bay Area native has spent time with the Buffalo Bills (2007-10), Jacksonville Jaguars (2010) and Philadelphia Eagles (2012). Edwards has played in 38 games in his career, making 33 starts, and has thrown for 6,033 yards on 563-of-929 passing with 26 touchdowns and 30 interceptions. His best NFL season came in 2008 with Buffalo, when he threw for 2,699 yards on 245-of-374 passing with 11 touchdowns and an 85.4 quarterback rating. He last played for Philadelphia in 2012.

Troup: Originally drafted in the second round (41st overall) of the 2010 NFL draft from Central Florida, Troup spent the first two seasons of his career with the Buffalo Bills. He played in 21 games, amassing 31 tackles and two passes defensed before suffering a back injury that has kept him off the field since 2011. While playing for UCF, Troup was a team captain his senior season and was a two-time second-team All-Conference USA selection.

vCash
    there is your veteran backup as we wanted. MM will be the starter.

vCash
    Now to get us a rookie for the future!

Sign 1 more vet!

Vet
    Vet
    Rookie

Cut them two scrubs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Now to get us a rookie for the future!

Sign 1 more vet!

Vet
    Vet
    Rookie

Cut them two scrubs
    Indy this is the 21st century good teams carry 2 quarterbacks, only teams who`s quarterbacks are punching bags are in need of 3. Mcgloin doesn`t get hit, we need only 2.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    We will need another camp arm when we have 90 players on our roster come july august.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    What a joke. Trent Edwards?

vCash
    Wow Trent Edwards? A little surprised by that signing but oh we'll a veteran backup is necessary with the large amount of injuries now a days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    Just a camp arm. No need to worry.

vCash
    Oh my God.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Just a camp arm. No need to worry.
    This is the kind of decision making that's going to take us to the next level??? We are doomed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    This is the kind of decision making that's going to take us to the next level??? We are doomed.
    Because signing a camp arm is just terrible decision making. Who says he even makes it all the way to camp anyway. Future contracts rarely mean anything. There is still free agency and the draft. If after that we only have Mcgloin Edwards and Pyror then maybe I'll worry a bit.

vCash
    Camp arms are generally young guys, UDFA's most of the time. Not washed up guys that sucked in the first place. I would rather have an UDFA as a camp arm. That's how McGloin came along.

vCash
    Camp arms are generally young guys, UDFA's most of the time. Not washed up guys that sucked in the first place. I would rather have an UDFA as a camp arm. That's how McGloin came along.
    Which is true and I understand that point. That doesn't mean we won't have a young guy as well. I've seen teams have 5 qbs in camp. I've also seen plenty of guys signed to future contacts never see training camp. There is a lot of rumors that Pyro may be traded this offseason. If that does occur that still leaves room for another vet and another young guy. There is still plenty of time to we see what happens. I just don't see the need to worry about signing a guy like Edwards to a future contact at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Because signing a camp arm is just terrible decision making. Who says he even makes it all the way to camp anyway. Future contracts rarely mean anything. There is still free agency and the draft. If after that we only have Mcgloin Edwards and Pyror then maybe I'll worry a bit.
    Then why waste time with him bro??? We have all the cap space in the world we can sign anybody we want there is no reason to waste time with a garbage qb.

Even as a camp arm what is he going to teach our young qb's? How to get kicked out of the league? That is the kind of decision making i am talking about the quality is poor we can do better ,Hunter.

vCash
    Lol

510 did u see the press conference?

Reggie said Edwards is the QB of the future.

He is also signed to be the next coach when he retires.

Mark Davis offered to sell him the team for pennies on the dollar.

Are we gonna have ladies on here scrutinize and whine/cry about every single free agent signed this offseason?

Surely to god there are other hobbies people can take up?

Some people... Lol

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast